Author Topic: 1 of 4 young men now believe asking a woman out for a drink is sexual harassment  (Read 1682 times)

Offline liam

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 704
It depends on who's asking and how, as always...

Donít forget where

I think how and who trumps where, but where is important too. Those of us who have always been gentlemen have nothing to worry about.

Unless someone lies, then you have to worry-

That's why reputation is so important. If anyone ever accused me of anything they would be laughed to death by anyone who knows me.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1122
It depends on who's asking and how, as always...

Donít forget where

I think how and who trumps where, but where is important too. Those of us who have always been gentlemen have nothing to worry about.

Unless someone lies, then you have to worry-

That's why reputation is so important. If anyone ever accused me of anything they would be laughed to death by anyone who knows me.

Does the reputation of the woman making the accusation matter?

Offline Pucaccia

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 48
Thanks to the OP for the thread. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:57:34 PM by Pucaccia »

Offline Beat LA

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 830
  • Mr. Emoji
Guys, guys, just adopt the following approach and you can't go wrong ;D - speak only when spoken to, for men should be seen and not heard ;) ;D.

what is your intent when you ask a woman for a drink?

As always, it means as to whatever she says that, well, it means ::) ;D.

Offline liam

• Danny Ainge
When did men get so whiny? Man up and be a gentlemen and you'll be fine. It's about time many of these nasty dudes were held responsible for their criminal behavior.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
When did men get so whiny? Man up and be a gentlemen and you'll be fine. It's about time many of these nasty dudes were held responsible for their criminal behavior.

We have a tidal wave of men having their lives ruined by women merely pointing their finger -no due process etc, and those who complain are "whiny"? Also, the exhaustion from the mental gymnastics it would take to explain how reputation is relevant for one sex, but not the other, in one of these cases, may explain why you never answered my question.

Offline liam

• Danny Ainge

We have a tidal wave of men having their lives ruined by women merely pointing their finger -no due process etc, and those who complain are "whiny"? Also, the exhaustion from the mental gymnastics it would take to explain how reputation is relevant for one sex, but not the other, in one of these cases, may explain why you never answered my question.

I didn't see your question but feel free to make a false accusation.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders

Offline Beat LA

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 830
  • Mr. Emoji

Honest question - why is it okay to tell a guy to "man up", when the female equivalent, whatever that might be, lol, would undoubtedly be seen as a sexist remark?

Offline liam

• Danny Ainge

Of course it would.

Feel free to not apologise for false accusation.

Manners matter.

Online kozlodoev

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1278
Also in this survey, 20 percent of young men think that asking a sexual favor is NOT sexual harassment so there's that.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:38:53 AM by kozlodoev »
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline liam

• Danny Ainge

Honest question - why is it okay to tell a guy to "man up", when the female equivalent, whatever that might be, lol, would undoubtedly be seen as a sexist remark?

Of course men and women are different but being a gentleman and a lady still matter to me. If being a man for you is crying about things then go for it. You are totally free to do that. I conduct myself the way I think a man in the world should act. You can decide what kind of man you want to be. I wasn't telling a specific man to man up. I was simple stating surprise at how whiny men have gotten. Maybe even people in general. See NBA players as a good example. Do you think that Larry Bird would ever cry the way LeBron does? If you think it's a sexist remark that's your business. I don't.

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders

Of course it would.

Manners matter.

I offered a theory, I didnít levy an accusation.

I agree with you that it would matter, many in the #MeToo movement, and on the 3rd wave feminist side, would not.

Offline ETNCeltics

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 97
SJW safe space millenials and those raised them are destroying the country. Idiots.

Offline liam

• Danny Ainge

Of course it would.

Manners matter.

I offered a theory, I didnít levy an accusation.

I agree with you that it would matter, many in the #MeToo movement, and on the 3rd wave feminist side, would not.

Maybe your theory sounded like a veiled accusation to me? I can't understand what you are saying in your last little statement, maybe gibberish?