Author Topic: 1 of 4 young men now believe asking a woman out for a drink is sexual harassment  (Read 1983 times)

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 32
Yeah...the end of the world is coming faster than anyone could have imagined.  When extreme Leftism/Liberalism are viewed as the moral high ground we should all just sit back, relax, and hope for the Asteroid to come crashing down.

Offline Ogaju

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 898
what is your intent when you ask a woman for a drink?

Offline gouki88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 61
The twisted world we live in. I hope in 100 years humanity looks back on this period of social interaction  with disdain. Itís cringeworthy

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 733
It depends on who's asking and how, as always...

Offline Sophomore

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 148
Lol. I have no idea what’s up with that poll, but I haven’t seen any behavior in that age bracket that correlates.

What’s real is that we have finally reached a time when serious harassment might actually have consequences once in a while - like when a man pulls out his member in front of a colleague (Matt Lauer, Charlie Rose) or much worse (Harvey Weinstein, Rob Porter).

Now if only we had a President who could set an example of what a gentleman is supposed to be. That is the kind of quaint, old-fashioned conservatism I could go for. We used to have a guy like that.

Offline Ogaju

• Don Nelson

Donít forget where

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 274
There's some really important fine print on this. The percentage is people saying "always" or "usually"****

Saying that when a random guys asks you to get a drink is "usually" harassing you is very different from saying "always".

Also, there's no previous poll to compare to.
---
Lucky17 Yahoo! Points League: Jackalopes
Offseason Tracker

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley

Donít forget where

I think how and who trumps where, but where is important too. Those of us who have always been gentlemen have nothing to worry about.

Offline Ogaju

• Don Nelson
wrong thresd

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley
wrong thresd

Yes, but they are getting jobbed....

Offline Ogaju

• Don Nelson

Donít forget where

I think how and who trumps where, but where is important too. Those of us who have always been gentlemen have nothing to worry about.

Exactly as to the gentlemen part, but the where is so important. But that ship may have already sailed because there are no safe spaces anymore. I just believe that any situation where the pursuer has power over the pursued is a bad situation to pursue. Because at that point you cannot be sure there is no coercion.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 327

Donít forget where

Unless someone lies, then you have to worry-

Offline JSD

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1140

Donít forget where

Unless someone lies, then you have to worry-

Exactly. This is the mccarthyism of our time.

Offline triboy16f

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 519

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2017/11/17/over-friendly-or-sexual-harassment-it-depends-partly-on-whom-you-ask

How do we find ourselves here?

well 1 in 4 are taking it overboard

Asking a woman out for a drink, lunch, dinner.  Stating that they look nice or look like a celebrity does not mean it is sexual harassment