Author Topic: 3-way Suns, Kings, Cavs  (Read 2436 times)

3-way Suns, Kings, Cavs
« on: May 26, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Ayton fans won't like this for Phoenix, but in order to re-unite Doncic with his ex coach on draft night and possibly entice Lebron to stay in Cleveland (which does our awesome team no harm):

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycsvo2ke

To Suns:  Doncic, Fox, Osman, Zizic, Pick 8
To Kings: Ayton, TJ Warren, J. Clarkson
To Cavs:  Josh Jackson, Zach Randolph, pick 31 (not pick 16 as originally posted)

Suns: 

Fox, Doncic, B. Knight, Ulis
Booker, Doncic, Knight, Daniels
Doncic, Bender, Osman, Dudley
Bender, Chriss, Williams
Carter Jr., Chandler, Zizic

(plus pick 16)

Suns view:  If Carter Jr. is available at pick 8, I think that'd be a pretty good use of the #1 pick, but they could also possibly snag Bamba there if Carter is gone. Either of those two bigs would be a nice addition to a very euro centric team, plus dynamic team leader type Fox...after this trade the Suns just need to shore up the backup wing position, which they could do with pick 16.

Kings view:  The Kings would have to love Ayton in order to give up Fox.  But they get out of Zach Randolph's contract too as added enticement.  Warren and Clarkson can both score. 

Cavs view:  Jackson came on strong and has loads of potential, probably worth taking him and swapping pick 8 for 31.  Randolph is an old vet off the bench for next year's run.  Good players still available at 31.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:28:07 AM by wiley »

Re: 3-way Suns, Kings, Cavs (Europeanize the Suns)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:13:56 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Who does this trade help? I guess the Suns?  You don't trade up one spot to get a player because that means the team ahead of you doesn't want that player anyway.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 04:18:25 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Who does this trade help? I guess the Suns?

Do you like Doncic or Ayton?  Or Bagley? 

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ryan McDonough has said there is an "overwheming likelihood" they keep their pick. Don't see this complex trade going down based on that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23607586/phoenix-gm-ryan-mcdonough-says-there-overwhelming-likelihood-suns-keep-no-1-pick-june-nba-draft

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Who does this trade help? I guess the Suns?  You don't trade up one spot to get a player because that means the team ahead of you doesn't want that player anyway.

You mean the Philly error in last year's draft? 

Philly aside, I don't think that's always the case.  That means you're evaluating talent based on another team's instead of using your own team of scouts/evaluators.

I'm sure the Suns would want both Ayton and Doncic.  Having to choose doesn't mean they have a negative view of Ayton.  They may want to play a style of ball that fits Doncic more than Ayton, etc...

The #1 pick is always highly coveted...Ayton and Doncic play different positions so there's a big decision involved here who will have more impact.  Most lean Ayton... The Kings have no reason to be insecure...

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Doncic

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 06:53:09 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Philly aside, I don't think that's always the case.  That means you're evaluating talent based on another team's instead of using your own team of scouts/evaluators.

I'm sure the Suns would want both Ayton and Doncic.  Having to choose doesn't mean they have a negative view of Ayton.  They may want to play a style of ball that fits Doncic more than Ayton, etc...

The #1 pick is always highly coveted...Ayton and Doncic play different positions so there's a big decision involved here who will have more impact.  Most lean Ayton... The Kings have no reason to be insecure...

I'm just saying if you tade up one pick then the team on top probably got the player they want and there was no need for the trade. In the Philly trade there was no need to move up because if the Celtics are trading that pick it means they don't want Fultz and everyone knew who the Lakers would take.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Doncic all day
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Ayton settles the hardest position to fill in the NBA. Take Ayton and sign/trade for Rozier.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 07:20:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jackson (#4 last year) + Randolph + #16 for for #8 + Osman?

Seems like a steal for Cleveland.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Doncic all day

Ayton is an athletic freak but still seems a little Jahlil Okafor to me. He only seems to play one side of the ball. He should be able to dominate on both ends. Maybe more Towns. There is something I just don't like about his game.

Re: 3-way Suns, Kings, Cavs
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 02:11:40 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Jackson (#4 last year) + Randolph + #16 for for #8 + Osman?

Seems like a steal for Cleveland.

Yes you're right it's too generous to Cleveland.  Should be just Jackson and Randolph...or Suns pick 31 instead of 16.

Then from Cavs perspective it would be:

Pick 8, Clarkson, Zizic, Osman    for     Josh Jackson, Zach Randolph and possibly pick 31. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:24:04 AM by wiley »

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 11:31:03 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

I'm just saying if you tade up one pick then the team on top probably got the player they want and there was no need for the trade. In the Philly trade there was no need to move up because if the Celtics are trading that pick it means they don't want Fultz and everyone knew who the Lakers would take.

Yes, but I guess Philly wanted Fultz real bad, and must not have trusted Danny or Magic, or both, to let him slide.  Fultz was such an overwhelming favorite to go #1 (so much so that many bloggers slammed Danny for the trade despite getting the extra lottery pick), that Philly felt they had to do a trade.  The team with the # 1 pick has a lot of options, and those options are enticing to any team picking after.  Danny could have taken Fultz and made a different trade with another team if he'd wanted (for a vet, more picks, young star, etc...)

So I would say if a team wants a consensus #1 guy then they have to give something, even if it's the team picking 2cnd. 

This year Ayton is closer to consensus #1 than Doncic, but not by as much as Fultz was over the rest last year. While Doncic may still be #1 on some boards, it's also true that Ayton has zero chance of falling past #2, while Doncic could go anywhere from #1 to #5. 

IF Ayton emerges as the guy team's covet, the Suns should take him and be prepared to keep him while letting it be known they are open to dealing.  If Doncic is selected by the Kings then the Suns wouldn't get all that much in a swap probably....but if Donic falls to 3,4 or 5, then the Suns can get him plus a nice secondary asset or two, and teams may be very willing to pay a hefty price.