Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13345 times)

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The latest version. Sounds like this is final.

Kevin Love out for Game 7, placed in concussion protocol
2:09 PM ET

ESPN

Kevin Love will not play in the Cleveland Cavaliers' decisive Game 7 on Sunday against the Boston Celtics, as the All-Star forward has been placed in the concussion protocol.

The Cavaliers announced that Love is experiencing concussion-like symptoms, following his collision with the Celtics' Jayson Tatum in the first quarter of Friday's game.

Just before the team's announcement, confusion had reined over Love's status when Lue initially stated during a conference call that Love was in the concussion protocol before backtracking after further questioning to say Love was still being evaluated and that he didn't know specifically about the protocol process or whether Love would go into it.

Love missed a game in the 2016 Finals due to a concussion and also was out after a concussion in March.

Lue did not have an update on LeBron James, who tweaked his right leg when teammate Larry Nance Jr. crashed into him in the fourth quarter, but said he would be available for Sunday's game.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst contributed to this report.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Yeah we got to take advantage here. If we lose with Love out, then honestly we don't deserve to make the Finals even though it's still been a resoundingly successful season anyways for us.

But I doubt Jeff Green has another game like that, and I'm not expecting Nance to be as impactful either besides maybe making a few plays near the rim and playing physical/dirty (but not like yesterday where he was all over the court).
I agree.  I love rooting for this team.  It is a true Cinderella story if they make it to the finals.  You don’t see that in the NBA too often. 

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Interesting stat:
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
They’re going to have to rely on someone like Jeff green or Hill to drop 20 now

Lol

I have seen Jeff Green have many good games but not in a row.

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The latest version. Sounds like this is final.

Kevin Love out for Game 7, placed in concussion protocol
2:09 PM ET

ESPN

Kevin Love will not play in the Cleveland Cavaliers' decisive Game 7 on Sunday against the Boston Celtics, as the All-Star forward has been placed in the concussion protocol.

The Cavaliers announced that Love is experiencing concussion-like symptoms, following his collision with the Celtics' Jayson Tatum in the first quarter of Friday's game.

Just before the team's announcement, confusion had reined over Love's status when Lue initially stated during a conference call that Love was in the concussion protocol before backtracking after further questioning to say Love was still being evaluated and that he didn't know specifically about the protocol process or whether Love would go into it.

Love missed a game in the 2016 Finals due to a concussion and also was out after a concussion in March.

Lue did not have an update on LeBron James, who tweaked his right leg when teammate Larry Nance Jr. crashed into him in the fourth quarter, but said he would be available for Sunday's game.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst contributed to this report.
looks like the whole day they we’re trying to figure out how to get around the concussion protocol

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wahoo! So excited to go to the Finals.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2018, 02:23:57 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!

as i said earlier. love can score. we now have ZERO EXCUSES. NONE. GET IT DONE BRAD STEVENS! START PREPPING. al should have a field day on green. baynes should be a rebounding and shot blocking monster.
How about Kyrie - Hayward - Theis - Larkin being out as well?
How about Tatum is a 20-year-old rookie? How about Brown is just one year older? These 2 guys are our top scorers in the playoffs.

Ζero excuses, my a$$!

The fact that we are playing a game 7 in the ECF is a huge success on its own. This team has already exceeded expectations. No matter what happens tomorrow night, CBS and the players have done a great job.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:29:22 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
As Hawk Harrelson would say:

He Gonnnnn

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It means green has to guard Al or Baynes. Expect all to be doubled with Hill again. Rozier should be open

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 02:24:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Interesting stat:

yeah

Horford killed love the whole series

But I do think love was due for a good game

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 02:24:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Wahoo! So excited to go to the Finals.

Man please don't jinx it...  :P  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Rozier should be open
so we’re gonna see a lot of pull up 3s early in the shot clock ?

My heart and blood pressure are ready 

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
And I put Al on green defensively.

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I hate when people get excited about injuries. Especially after the season we had.

I was having this debate with myself earlier this morning. I'm certainly not happy Love is out, however his concussion (whether I like it or not), puts my team in a better position to get to the Finals, and that's what I'm happy about, not the concussion itself.

But since my being happy that my team has a better chance of winning Game 7 correlates with Love's injury, am I glad that he's injured? 

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
When Love went out yesterday, his loss was mitigated by the fact that Jeff Green had 14 points and Larry Nance had 10. Contain them in Game 7 better and we got a good shot. Lebron's probably going to have to score 50+ for CLE to have a chance to win tomorrow night.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller