Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13458 times)

Re: Kevin Love out?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!
Well if the Celtics don’t win this game we can say Irving, Hayward, Theis and Larkin were all out. Imagine if we had our real team out there. 

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Dave Chudowsky

Verified account

@DaveChudowsky
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Kevin Love has been placed in Concussion protocol and according to Ty Lue has not been ruled out for game 7 @wkyc

Not really sure how he can get cleared in a day for a concussion.

My guess is Green starts...wonder if Brad goes small or stays with Baynes. I would stay with baynes and play Al on Green. Make Green try to guard Al or Baynes
is ty lue that bad of a coach that he thought he could sneak love into a game and break the concussion Protocol in the process ? There’s only millions of people monitoring the situation lue

Either he is entering the protocol and ruled out completely , or he isn’t in the protocol. There’s no other option

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!
Well if the Celtics don’t win this game we can say Irving, Hayward, Theis and Larkin were all out. Imagine if we had our real team out there. 

if we had all our team? we would have SWEPT these clowns. FACT!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 02:08:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Dave Chudowsky

Verified account

@DaveChudowsky
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Kevin Love has been placed in Concussion protocol and according to Ty Lue has not been ruled out for game 7 @wkyc

Not really sure how he can get cleared in a day for a concussion.

My guess is Green starts...wonder if Brad goes small or stays with Baynes. I would stay with baynes and play Al on Green. Make Green try to guard Al or Baynes
is ty lue that bad of a coach that he thought he could sneak love into a game and break the concussion Protocol in the process ? There’s only millions of people monitoring the situation lue

Either he is entering the protocol and ruled out completely , or he isn’t in the protocol. There’s no other option

exactly
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 02:11:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
They’re going to have to rely on someone like Jeff green or Hill to drop 20 now

Lol

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Now if cavs dont win they will say cause love was out

And they have every right to, since we aren't missing any of our top players.

::)

Mike

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
UPDATE: Love is out for game 7.

@joevardon: Updating now: Kevin Love is out for Game 7

Not so fast unless you can understand what Vardon wrote in the lead sentence that came out after the tweet you cited.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Kevin Love was placed in the NBA's concussion protocol and is out for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals on Sunday is uncertain.

How does that even get up onto Cleveland.com? In any case, even if it's uncertain, it's unlikely given what you need to do to pass the protocol steps.
Seems pretty official now. Even Shams Charania is reporting that he's out.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I hate when people get excited about injuries. Especially after the season we had.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Kevin Love continues to be evaluated for head injury; no update on Game 7
2:00 PM ET
Brian Windhorst
ESPN Senior Writer

CLEVELAND -- Kevin Love continues to be evaluated for a possible concussion, as Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said Saturday that the All-Star forward hasn't been ruled out for Sunday's Game 7 against the Boston Celtics.

Confusion reined over Love's status when Lue initially stated during a conference call that Love was in the concussion protocol.

Upon further questioning about Love's status, Lue looked to clarify, saying Love was still being evaluated and that he didn't know specifically about the protocol process or whether Love would go into it.

Lue announced the update Saturday afternoon just before the team boarded its flight to Boston. Lue said Love will travel with the team.

The coach also did not have an update on LeBron James, who tweaked his right leg when teammate Larry Nance Jr. crashed into him in the fourth quarter, but said he would be available for Sunday's game.

Love wasn't initially in the protocol Friday after a collision with Jayson Tatum that knocked him from Friday's game in the first quarter. Teams officials said he would have to be evaluated Saturday morning.

If Love enters the concussion protocol, he would have to pass a series of tests before being cleared to play. That process cannot be sped up under league rules.

Love missed a game in the 2016 Finals due to a concussion and also was out after a concussion in March.

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Love has been average and performing in the series  but his presence is huge. He spaces the floor for LeBron

Yep. And he shoots the three much better then green

Not in Boston. Love was 5-17 in the three Boston games this series - 29%. That’s Marcus Smart territory.

Also, Love also wore a target on his back - our offense went at him very successfully throughout the series. Al destroyed him in the post.

I’m really glad Boston has a day to prepare. I think Brad had figured out how to beat the Cavs with Love. Cavs’ defense and offense looks different with Nance and Green. If Green is blocking shots at the rim and Nance is doing what he did last game (5-5 from the field, 3 offensive boards and seven boards overall in 21 minutes) that’s a problem. Can’t let that happen, and have to change the D - last game Cs gave up some easy dunks to Green because they weren’t ready for his cuts to the rim. Love was largely immobile, but Green moves. Can’t give up easy buckets.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The Cavs played better without Love yesterday so I'm not going to start counting chickens yet.

On the other hand they got their one game a month were Jeff Green looks really good so we shouldn't have to worry about him too much.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The Cavs played better without Love yesterday so I'm not going to start counting chickens yet.

On the other hand they got their one game a month were Jeff Green looks really good so we shouldn't have to worry about him too much.
that may be true but love isn’t a role player. The guy was due for a good game. He was making smart picks and his D isn’t terrible

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah we got to take advantage here. If we lose with Love out, then honestly we don't deserve to make the Finals even though it's still been a resoundingly successful season anyways for us.

But I doubt Jeff Green has another game like that, and I'm not expecting Nance to be as impactful either besides maybe making a few plays near the rim and playing physical/dirty (but not like yesterday where he was all over the court).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Kevin Love out for Game 7, placed in concussion protocol
2:04 PM ET
ESPN

Kevin Love will not play in the Cleveland Cavaliers' decisive Game 7 on Sunday against the Boston Celtics, as the All-Star forward has been placed in the concussion protocol.

This is 4 minutes after Windhorst's piece from ESPN. Guess we'll know soon enough.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

that may be true but love isn’t a role player. The guy was due for a good game. He was making smart picks and his D isn’t terrible

His D in this series was terrible. I will miss it.