Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13347 times)

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If green and Thompson start, we just pack the paint to counter

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2018, 02:50:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm still a bit worried about Rozier's ankle. We've had no update on that yet.

He played the rest of the game after it happened. I think he’ll be fine.

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kevin Love has a concussion and is out for game 7

Love gets his arm yanked out two playoffs ago by Kelly and now this.   

He might as well prepare to become injured vs Celts in a playoff series

Tatum has hurt Lebron and Love so far.  What a beast lol

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2018, 03:04:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I’m more worried about their role players sadly. Love has been trash this series. Green and Nance give them athleticism and energy more Nance means we prob getting killed on the boards. Whoever wins the board battle has won every game
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Tristan Thompson breakout game?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That's a bummer for Love and honestly for me - hate to see concussions happen, hate to see good players miss key games.

But it does but a lot more burden on the non-LeBron group to step up. We've done a good job slowing down Korver lately but Hill, Green and Nance stepped up last night. If two of those guys play normal games, either because of us or the law of averages, it gets awfully tough for the Cavs to win.

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
That's a bummer for Love and honestly for me - hate to see concussions happen, hate to see good players miss key games.

But it does but a lot more burden on the non-LeBron group to step up. We've done a good job slowing down Korver lately but Hill, Green and Nance stepped up last night. If two of those guys play normal games, either because of us or the law of averages, it gets awfully tough for the Cavs to win.
it also could mean more LeBron though which can be scary
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC

it also could mean more LeBron though which can be scary

Actually James really can't do much more than he did last night. I really feel he will be somewhat average by his standards

Don't see how Green will be able to guard Al or Baynes...

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
If Nance and Green will be our biggest worry, then we don't deserve to go to Finals.

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Nance and Green will be our biggest worry, then we don't deserve to go to Finals.

Actually think it is George Hill in the pick and roll

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green will wither under pressure

its not going to magically change tomorrow

Nance Jr has been solid.  But he can't shoot

not worried

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2018, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Green will wither under pressure

its not going to magically change tomorrow

Nance Jr has been solid.  But he can't shoot

not worried

Just contest Green's shot and he becomes small. Nance is going to get rebounds and junk...Just need to box him out. Korver off the bench worries me..but we will see

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kevin Love is a person and concussions are concerning. I think I'd rather beat him with him playing. I wish the best to him.

From a tactical point of view, this might change everything. The doubling in the post, the scrambling Cavs defense, the lack of a reliable scorer -- honestly, this game could be unlike any other game in the series.

Cavs bench players might play looser knowing they are gonna get more shots. The Cs might turn the ball over more with the Cavs scrambling defense.

Or, the game could be a blowout from the second quarter. The Cavs could struggle to get to 80. The Celtics could abuse the Cavs scrambling, double-team defense for open layups and 3s. The Cs could explode offensively.

The Cavs could go super-small with Lebron at the 5, and Green-Smith-Hill-Clarkson. Or, they could keep Nance or Thompson in the game at all times to defend Horford in the post.

With this update, both teams might have brand new looks and rotations that haven't been seen this series.

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kevin Love is a person and concussions are concerning. I think I'd rather beat him with him playing. I wish the best to him.

From a tactical point of view, this might change everything. The doubling in the post, the scrambling Cavs defense, the lack of a reliable scorer -- honestly, this game could be unlike any other game in the series.

Cavs bench players might play looser knowing they are gonna get more shots. The Cs might turn the ball over more with the Cavs scrambling defense.

Or, the game could be a blowout from the second quarter. The Cavs could struggle to get to 80. The Celtics could abuse the Cavs scrambling, double-team defense for open layups and 3s. The Cs could explode offensively.

The Cavs could go super-small with Lebron at the 5, and Green-Smith-Hill-Clarkson. Or, they could keep Nance or Thompson in the game at all times to defend Horford in the post.

With this update, both teams might have brand new looks and rotations that haven't been seen this series.

If Boston plays Baynes and Al...who guards them? Don't think they want Nance or TT out of the paint following Al...and there is no way Green can handle Baynes

If the play Nance and TT together that just takes away any kind of offense

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 03:46:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!

as i said earlier. love can score. we now have ZERO EXCUSES. NONE. GET IT DONE BRAD STEVENS! START PREPPING. al should have a field day on green. baynes should be a rebounding and shot blocking monster.
How about Kyrie - Hayward - Theis - Larkin being out as well?
How about Tatum is a 20-year-old rookie? How about Brown is just one year older? These 2 guys are our top scorers in the playoffs.

Ζero excuses, my a$$!

The fact that we are playing a game 7 in the ECF is a huge success on its own. This team has already exceeded expectations. No matter what happens tomorrow night, CBS and the players have done a great job.

what's the excuse for playing stupid two outta 3 on the road both of which were winnable? whats the excuse for calling timeouts way too late? turnovers? not going to rim when it works? taking dumb shots we are not good at?  that was with love playing. we have proven we can beat them without making the excuse of our injured players. BRAD HAS ZERO EXCUSES NOW TO NOT HAVE THIS TEAM PLAY SMART ALL GAME AND WIN. we coulda won this in 5 with this bunch. have you watched a single game? ZERO EXCUSES. EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS.  we have come waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far not to finish this crap now with lebron. there is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG storyline here. this is HUGE. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!