Author Topic: Talk me off the ledge...  (Read 3872 times)

Re: Talk me off the ledge...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
it's a bunch of genetic freaks playing a game, relax.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 06:30:35 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This has to be one of the finest surprise seasons that I can remember in professional sports.

We lost both of our top players. BOTH! Before the playoffs even began.

Picture Houston without Harden and Paul, how would they do. How about Golden State without Curry and Durant. How about the Cavs without LeBron and Love. 

And still, we're in the 7th game of the EC finals with a decent chance to get into a championship series!

Win, Lose or draw...as a Celtic nut...If that ain't house money...NOTHING IS!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:38:19 PM by Rosco917 »

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
get out of my way ...

I got next jump...

No need to push there is plenty of room on that ledge... ;D

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I can’t understand why the best coach can’t stop 1 [dang] player. 

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Coach vs player+ 3 refs

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 07:46:44 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Coach vs player+ 3 refs
I don't think that's a fair assessment. James hit big shot after big shot, those two threes down the stretch were daggers. I think all his trips to the foul line were reasonable. It's not the refs fault the Celts got crushed on the offensive glass, missed a bunch of free throws and turned the ball over way too much. The Love injury actually seemed to help the Cavs as the Celts seemed unsure about how to deal with Nance and Green. That was a winnable game for the Celts, the Cavs were not blowing them out, the Celts just made too many mistakes.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 07:59:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lebron making the finals is better ratings.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Coach vs player+ 3 refs
I don't think that's a fair assessment. James hit big shot after big shot, those two threes down the stretch were daggers. I think all his trips to the foul line were reasonable. It's not the refs fault the Celts got crushed on the offensive glass, missed a bunch of free throws and turned the ball over way too much. The Love injury actually seemed to help the Cavs as the Celts seemed unsure about how to deal with Nance and Green. That was a winnable game for the Celts, the Cavs were not blowing them out, the Celts just made too many mistakes.

I agree that the Cavs being forced to play Nance and Green was fortuitous for the them. The refs and the NBA favor LeBron, it’s just that simple. If they don’t like hearing this they should stop playing favorites. When I talk bout refs it’s not just about calling fouls on his defender it is also the failure to call fouls on him, or other violations such as traveling, goal-tending, and offensive fouls. What about calling some moving screens on his teammates when they set illegal screens to sting him lose.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 08:41:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
James on the road in the playoffs is averaging under 30 points a game. It is going to take 35 plus in my opinion to get this close enough for his help to get the cavs over the hump

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Lebron making the finals is better ratings.

The only way off the ledge is by making a leap of faith!

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
We *should* win game 7 based on all the trends of the series, but that's part of why I'm very nervous. It's already a given that we are getting an unfavorable ref crew, and LeBron can help undo home court advantage.. he's a transcendent player. It could very well be a game where if someone breathes on LeBron then a foul is called (unlike games 1, 2 and 5). It could definitely also be a situation where the Cavs finally shoot better as a team on the road, and someone like Clarkson or Hill hits a lot of 3s, etc. etc.

Can someone please talk me off the ledge as I am super stressed out?

Sure.  We aren't supposed to be here.  We are missing our two best players, and two other rotation players.  This was never our year.  We're playing with house money.

Win or lose, this has been an unbelievable season!  Danny and Brad have built a perennial contender and we're going to be a powerhouse for years to come.  No matter what happens tomorrow night, the future is very very bright!

Exactly ... The team is ahead of schedule .Sure missing the finals will suck big time but this season is already a success. No need to stress

Besides it is more than obvious that the team is a different animal playing in the Garden. It will take a top5 play off performance of all times from James to get to the finals 5. If ha does it so be it. Be i am 1000% certain he work his #### off for every single point against this team. I have absolute faith that the team will give its best and bleed for every ball. That is enough for me

missing finals my ass. NO EXCUSES. we coulda had this series in 5. would we be making excuses then? LOL sure we will get killed in finals. who cares? beating lebron with what we faced this year and the 10 year storyline will feel like the title and we will at least be east champs hopefully.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 02:57:22 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I won't be surprised if we win, it's just that it's not a surefire win like many are saying. I also am not in the camp of "we are playing with house money so even if we lose this is great" - we were up 2-0 and 3-2 and need to win this series, no excuses. Let's gooooo!

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 02:59:11 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I won't be surprised if we win, it's just that it's not a surefire win like many are saying. I also am not in the camp of "we are playing with house money so even if we lose this is great" - we were up 2-0 and 3-2 and need to win this series, no excuses. Let's gooooo!
i hate the house money excuse so much

How often do we get to play against such a bad supporting cast around LeBron? It might never happen ever again. Next time he might be on the rockets or something like that

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 07:53:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I jumped

but only bounced  :)

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2018, 07:59:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
he's a transcendent player. It could very well be a game where if someone breathes on LeBron then a foul is called (unlike games 1, 2 and 5). It could definitely also be a situation where the Cavs finally shoot better as a team on the road, and someone like Clarkson or Hill hits a lot of 3s, etc. etc

He is a great player but one can see some old age and fatigue starting to grind on him.   I have seen him wilt in times of pressure a few times, granted it was early in his career that it happened more often.