Author Topic: Talk me off the ledge...  (Read 3876 times)

Talk me off the ledge...
« on: May 26, 2018, 01:23:11 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
We *should* win game 7 based on all the trends of the series, but that's part of why I'm very nervous. It's already a given that we are getting an unfavorable ref crew, and LeBron can help undo home court advantage.. he's a transcendent player. It could very well be a game where if someone breathes on LeBron then a foul is called (unlike games 1, 2 and 5). It could definitely also be a situation where the Cavs finally shoot better as a team on the road, and someone like Clarkson or Hill hits a lot of 3s, etc. etc.

Can someone please talk me off the ledge as I am super stressed out?

Re: Talk me off the ledge...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:27:03 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Undefeated at home and will stay that way! Young players play better with great home cooking and tomorrow will be no different. We did not care that everyone said we would lose to G and the Bucks, or that the Sixers were going to sweep us out of the playoffs..or we would be lucky to win one game vs the Cavs...well, We have beat them 3 times in the best arena in all of Basketball and tomorrow will be no different...Come back off the ledge, sip some wine, enjoy the next day cause tomorrow we all celebrate knocking out a legend in an epic win.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
James had to play 46 minutes and score 46 points to give the Cavs the win

Role players for Cavs are not very good...esp in Boston

Celtics played poorly and still were right there for the win late

Boston is a different team at home

Game 7 in the garden is just a different animal. Nobody but James has experienced that

Boston is the better team

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I’m with you man.  I just don’t have a good feeling about this game.  Being another footnote in lebrons story would really really suck.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
On the bright side, there’s nothing in recent memory that is worse for C’s fans than 2010 Game 7. A loss tomorrow won’t even be close to 2010’s disappointment.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 05:20:16 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
On the bright side, there’s nothing in recent memory that is worse for C’s fans than 2010 Game 7. A loss tomorrow won’t even be close to 2010’s disappointment.
Yup.  That was probably the worst loss I’d ever experienced.  I remember not being able to sleep at all that night.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 05:31:57 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
C's have to many scrappy guys to lose this game. I didn't feel good about the series going into game 5 but I'm feeling a lot better about today.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
We *should* win game 7 based on all the trends of the series, but that's part of why I'm very nervous. It's already a given that we are getting an unfavorable ref crew, and LeBron can help undo home court advantage.. he's a transcendent player. It could very well be a game where if someone breathes on LeBron then a foul is called (unlike games 1, 2 and 5). It could definitely also be a situation where the Cavs finally shoot better as a team on the road, and someone like Clarkson or Hill hits a lot of 3s, etc. etc.

Sure.  We aren't supposed to be here.  We are missing our two best players, and two other rotation players.  This was never our year.  We're playing with house money.

Win or lose, this has been an unbelievable season!  Danny and Brad have built a perennial contender and we're going to be a powerhouse for years to come.  No matter what happens tomorrow night, the future is very very bright!

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
get out of my way ...

I got next jump...

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think people are getting all worked up about nothing.

Between the history of this series and Love’s absence, let alone James’ fatigue and the Cavs’ role players futility in Boston, no Boston fan should have anything to worry about.

So long as we don’t take this game at home and Love’s injury for granted, this probably won’t even be a close game by halftime. I expect huge bounce-back games from both Al and Tatum after not having great games last night.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Sure.  We aren't supposed to be here.  We are missing our two best players, and two other rotation players.  This was never our year.  We're playing with house money.

Win or lose, this has been an unbelievable season!  Danny and Brad have built a perennial contender and we're going to be a powerhouse for years to come.  No matter what happens tomorrow night, the future is very very bright!

Exactly ... The team is ahead of schedule .Sure missing the finals will suck big time but this season is already a success. No need to stress

Besides it is more than obvious that the team is a different animal playing in the Garden. It will take a top5 play off performance of all times from James to get to the finals 5. If ha does it so be it. Be i am 1000% certain he work his #### off for every single point against this team. I have absolute faith that the team will give its best and bleed for every ball. That is enough for me

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 05:56:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
take a selfie so we can send it to the team for inspiration

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Cleveland has as many concerns than we do.  They're playing in a very hostile environment where we've played well and they haven't, and they just lost their second-best player.  Also, Lebron's leg may or may not play a factor. 

I don't know if we'll win.  If the clock finally strikes midnight on us, it wouldn't shock me.  But if we play with energy and intelligence with a renewed focus on the defensive glass, I'll take our chances. 

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 06:13:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

your fears, threats, phobias, ledge position, sky-falling-isms would appear to be:

1. refs....you mean that the celtics will get bad refs in game 6 who will call lots of fouls in favor of the cavs? that is what so many posters said here a few days ago. that was stated as a given by many on this board.

result - did not happen in game 6. aside from being perched on a ledge, i dont see any reason to believe this will happen in game 7.

2. lebron will go super human, score 2,381 points and the celtics will score 0 points, or some variation on that fear. ::) no way to stop him! many posters said this many times in the series

result - in each and every home game the celtics have come through and beaten lebron. no exceptions. boston is undefeated at home in the entire playoffs. period.

3. oh noes oh noes, cleveland bench players have been terrible so it is ordained that they will be entirely different and now play a great game 7 in boston, where the celtics are undefeated!!!!

result to be - they wont play like superstars. nothing, absolutely nothing so far validates your fear or confirms your worries. and let me also say that there is no love in this game. literally. the non-lebrons of cleveland are about to get stomped.... the basis for my belief is based on the games to date.

sometimes i think i have more fun being positive and hopeful during celtics losses than others do who are negative and fear-filled during wins. enjoy the games guys, that is why we watch ;D

this has been a fantastic season and am happy to watch the kids keep on winning.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

you are stressed out because you are not confident in any one single player or the coach on the Celtics squad

well be confident that the crowd is going to energize the Celts and demoralize the Cavs.  Be confident that the Celts are 10-0 at home and 37-0 after winning the first two games.

be confident in the luck of the green