Author Topic: This our Last Chance  (Read 1669 times)

This our Last Chance
« on: May 26, 2018, 11:12:29 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I just woke up so if my brain is foggy, forgive me.

I was thinking, this is our Last Chance to beat a Cleveland Lebron team and knock him out of the chance to go the finals. There is no Hayward, there is no Kyrie, there is no Theis and there is  no Larkin...just a group of gritty, young, resilient players with a coach with a wizard like touch and Einstein like Mind...A group of young budding superstars who are years ahead of planned development...

This is it, our last chance to knock that thorn out of the playoffs and continue our march towards raising banner 18...

This is the time where youth overcomes legend, where great coaching overcomes Deer like coaching

This is the time where the best fans anywhere rise up to support the most amazing group of disrespected players the ECF has ever seen

This is the time where Cinderella stays out past midnight and flourishes with new found freedom

This is it great folks of CB, this is our Last Chance to be linked to Lebron's Last Stand as  a Cav in the ECF in the greatest sports town in the USA

Waiting is for losers, we are ready to Win Now.....Let's Beat Lebron and continue our march towards shocking the world- All Legends die eventually, and this is his time to die at our hands...

Go Get them Celtics!

Re: This our Last Chance
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 11:14:32 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Was thinking the same thing.  Would be so sweet to be able to do it, but I’m afraid the youth and offensive issues may be too much to overcome.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:23:10 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Was thinking the same thing.  Would be so sweet to be able to do it, but I’m afraid the youth and offensive issues may be too much to overcome.

Offensive issues are really the least of my concern. More concerned about turnovers and rebounding. Boston will score tomorrow. Need to get stops and cannot give up offensive rebounds

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ben Rohrbach:

If I’m Brad Stevens, here’s what I’m telling the young Celtics before Game 7:

You will never face another LeBron James; you will never have a chance to beat him on this stage again. Either he writes the latest chapter of his legacy, the time he dragged a nobody-believes-in-them team to his eighth straight Finals, or you write the first chapter of yours, the time a nobody-believes-in-them team ended his run at seven. Paul Pierce will tell his grandkids about the time he went toe-to-toe with LeBron and beat him in a Game 7. You do that at 20 or 21 years old? That’s the first line of your Hall of Fame speech, the story every Celtics fan will tell his grandkids. You will play this game in your head a million times in your life, but you only have one chance to win it.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Ben Rohrbach:

You will never face another LeBron James; you will never have a chance to beat him on this stage again. Either he writes the latest chapter of his legacy, the time he dragged a nobody-believes-in-them team to his eighth straight Finals, or you write the first chapter of yours, the time a nobody-believes-in-them team ended his run at seven. Paul Pierce will tell his grandkids about the time he went toe-to-toe with LeBron and beat him in a Game 7. You do that at 20 or 21 years old? That’s the first line of your Hall of Fame speech, the story every Celtics fan will tell his grandkids. You will play this game in your head a million times in your life, but you only have one chance to win it.

Interestingly, that is probably the polar opposite of what Brad will say. It will be all process, matchups, switching strategy, not giving up on plays, making the right play etc etc etc
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ben Rohrbach:

Interestingly, that is probably the polar opposite of what Brad will say. It will be all process, matchups, switching strategy, not giving up on plays, making the right play etc etc etc

You're probably right. Still, I liked what Rohrbach wrote.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 12:13:15 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Celtics players shouldn’t need the extra motivation, this is f’ing game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe last chance to beat Lebron

but it won't be the last chance to torch the Cavs for years to come

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
There would be some very nice symmetry to the Celtics being the last team without Lebron on it to come out of the East and then, 8 years later, be the same team to snap the streak.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 12:57:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hear all these announcers saying Lebron is great in game 7s...most of those have been at home

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 01:00:45 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Ben Rohrbach:

Sh*t. That inspired me.  I'm ready to play in this game now.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 01:01:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
There would be some very nice symmetry to the Celtics being the last team without Lebron on it to come out of the East and then, 8 years later, be the same team to snap the streak.

Lets see him try pulling another effective 46 min game after one day rest + achy knee thanks to Nance Jr.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 01:21:40 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Ben Rohrbach:

Haha! Interesting- I guess we are feeling this is the last chance to beat him and the Cavs. I am avoiding all news sites and sports sites and just going to come here and turn on game tomorrow evening- Maybe I watch a little tonight but I only care about winning game 7 tomorrow!

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I just woke up so if my brain is foggy, forgive me.

I was thinking, this is our Last Chance to beat a Cleveland Lebron team and knock him out of the chance to go the finals. There is no Hayward, there is no Kyrie, there is no Theis and there is  no Larkin...just a group of gritty, young, resilient players with a coach with a wizard like touch and Einstein like Mind...A group of young budding superstars who are years ahead of planned development...

This is it, our last chance to knock that thorn out of the playoffs and continue our march towards raising banner 18...

This is the time where youth overcomes legend, where great coaching overcomes Deer like coaching

This is the time where the best fans anywhere rise up to support the most amazing group of disrespected players the ECF has ever seen

This is the time where Cinderella stays out past midnight and flourishes with new found freedom

This is it great folks of CB, this is our Last Chance to be linked to Lebron's Last Stand as  a Cav in the ECF in the greatest sports town in the USA

Waiting is for losers, we are ready to Win Now.....Let's Beat Lebron and continue our march towards shocking the world- All Legends die eventually, and this is his time to die at our hands...

Go Get them Celtics!

WE GONNA SHOCK THE WORLD!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

Offensive issues are really the least of my concern. More concerned about turnovers and rebounding. Boston will score tomorrow. Need to get stops and cannot give up offensive rebounds

and FREE THROWS!
LET'S GO CELTICS!