Author Topic: Here's Your Chance, Horford  (Read 1892 times)

Re: Here's Your Chance, Horford
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 02:00:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Al playing well is the least of my concerns tomorrow. He has been great at home and I expect a big game out of him

I am more worried about Morris

Yeah, Morris is key. If he misses a ton of bunnies inside again and continues shooting low-IQ fadeaways, we're doomed. Smart is another worry, as I'm sure he'll bring the hustle, but if he shoots poorly and/or keeps taking heat-check 3s and missing, then that's not good either.

Those two have to play smarter (no pun intended) on Sunday night.

somebody will step up. could be morris and/or smart. baynes could have a nice game scoring wise 7 to 10 points. who knows semi may hit a couple 3's and pitch in. wish larkin could play. he can facilitate and give a short rest to rozier. we need JB, JT, TR and Ah to show. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
We really need Horford to step up in game 7. If he doesn't deliver, I don't think we are going to the finals.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 02:18:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
With Love out, it's likely we see more Thompson and Nance, so Horford has to win that battle and on switches HAS to be more aggressive on the likes of Hill. It was infuriating when he was posting on Hill but just attempted a fade away from like 15 feet out. Not good, Al.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 09:46:53 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
We really need Horford to step up in game 7. If he doesn't deliver, I don't think we are going to the finals.
Al doesn't need to score a lot for the Celts to win, he needs to play smart. The Cavs are looking to keep Al from scoring. They are defending him with TT and doubling him. That makes it unlikely that he will have a big scoring game. He's not an elite offensive player to begin with, and if the defense focuses that much it is likely they can limit his scoring. What matters is how the Celts react to this. Forcing one on one post shots against TT is not good offense. TT defends Al well, the Cavs are happy every time Al tries to go one on one with him.

The Celts want Al to get going, so they are trying to get him chances to score, they shouldn't worry about that. Instead find the mismatches and attack them. If someone other than TT is on Al go to him. Attack Korver if he is out there. Get Brown and Tatum matched up against slower players and attack the rim. And most of all, don't try to get fancy. Avoid hero ball and don't try to make impossible passes. Turnovers have killed the Celts in the games that they have lost.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 11:05:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
James owns Horford

0-6 now vs James?