Author Topic: Here's Your Chance, Horford  (Read 1891 times)

Here's Your Chance, Horford
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:59:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
You were 0-11 against Lebron James in the playoffs as a member of the Atlanta Hawks, and 1-15 overall before coming into this series. The odds were heavily stacked against us, but we actually have won 3 games this series (to push your record to 4-18) and still have a chance to finally do what you've never done before, which is beat Lebron James in a playoff series.

To me, it's no coincidence that when Horford struggles or isn't impacting the game much, the rest of the team also tends to struggle or look sluggish out there. He may not be the leading scorer or best defender out there (at times), BUT he is our leader and you could consider him our MVP with the impact he has on both ends of the floor for our entire team (also getting other guys in right spots, making life easy on others, etc.)

We had two chances to close out Lebron and the Cavs with Game 6 being the first chance, but last night Horford was god awful and we lost a game where honestly, even if Horford (and Marcus Morris, too) was "average", we could have snuck by late.

But now is a shot at redemption! A second chance.

Game 7, at home, Sunday night at 8:30 PM EST. If Horford can get going early and plays better, that could mean really good things for us even if Lebron goes off himself.

I still have faith and extreme confidence that Horford plays a lot better in Game 7. It's the kind of guy he is, might have a mediocre game but then comes back in a crucial game and plays like a legit all-star.

Obviously the Cavaliers will put up a huge fight, so we may need Horford to play the game of his life, but I think even he's been waiting for this moment against a Lebron James-team in the playoffs.

Should be a fun night tomorrow! But man, this 36-48 hour wait for the game is brutal and extremely stressful too  :P 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Here's Your Chance, Horford
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm sure he'll bounce back. He loves playing at home
Should be a fun night tomorrow! But man, this 36-48 hour wait for the game is brutal and extremely stressful too  :P
Avoiding all sports media is hard too :D Can't stand the way they parade LeBron
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:06:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I really don't get the posts that are open letters to the player, just a weird rhetorical device given that he's not a Cblog lurker.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 10:18:41 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I really don't get the posts that are open letters to the player, just a weird rhetorical device given that he's not a Cblog lurker.

It's only the first paragraph. It's what everybody is thinking about Horford - just a different spin. I imagine Phantom is trying to create excitement and anticipation with this thread and to have fans get behind Horford even though he just had a completely dreadful game.

As a Cs fan, I am not sure I can handle another defeat at the hands Lebron. Even though is he is an incredible basketball player, I just hate him so much. I can only imagine how Horford feels!

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Are you suuuuure ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

It's only the first paragraph. It's what everybody is thinking about Horford - just a different spin. I imagine Phantom is trying to create excitement and anticipation with this thread and to have fans get behind Horford even though he just had a completely dreadful game.

As a Cs fan, I am not sure I can handle another defeat at the hands Lebron. Even though is he is an incredible basketball player, I just hate him so much. I can only imagine how Horford feels!

Yep, TP.  ;D

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 10:32:18 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Are you suuuuure ;)

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 11:00:13 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
You were 0-11 against Lebron James in the playoffs as a member of the Atlanta Hawks, and 1-15 overall before coming into this series. The odds were heavily stacked against us, but we actually have won 3 games this series (to push your record to 4-18) and still have a chance to finally do what you've never done before, which is beat Lebron James in a playoff series.

To me, it's no coincidence that when Horford struggles or isn't impacting the game much, the rest of the team also tends to struggle or look sluggish out there. He may not be the leading scorer or best defender out there (at times), BUT he is our leader and you could consider him our MVP with the impact he has on both ends of the floor for our entire team (also getting other guys in right spots, making life easy on others, etc.)

We had two chances to close out Lebron and the Cavs with Game 6 being the first chance, but last night Horford was god awful and we lost a game where honestly, even if Horford (and Marcus Morris, too) was "average", we could have snuck by late.

But now is a shot at redemption! A second chance.

Game 7, at home, Sunday night at 8:30 PM EST. If Horford can get going early and plays better, that could mean really good things for us even if Lebron goes off himself.

I still have faith and extreme confidence that Horford plays a lot better in Game 7. It's the kind of guy he is, might have a mediocre game but then comes back in a crucial game and plays like a legit all-star.

Obviously the Cavaliers will put up a huge fight, so we may need Horford to play the game of his life, but I think even he's been waiting for this moment against a Lebron James-team in the playoffs.

Amen to him showing us why Max Al is still Big Al at home- We need a big game for him as our rock but my guess is that both Tatum and Brown will have to be on with one of them being super on for us to win- I believe we do win, and I also believe these next 36 hours are going to be brutal waiting!

I am doing something different today to shake the loss off...Going to run! Hope I dont pass out doing this...:)

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Al playing well is the least of my concerns tomorrow. He has been great at home and I expect a big game out of him

I am more worried about Morris

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Al playing well is the least of my concerns tomorrow. He has been great at home and I expect a big game out of him

True, we need him big as well.When Morris is ice cold, it usually not pretty for us and since he is Lebron's flea, we need him on.

Hoping Smart does not dream he is Bird this evening as well and wake up shooting the ball ten plus times

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

They were double teaming Al soon as he posted up and Al was slow to find the open man. I'd expect Brad to figure out a counter to that. I'm worried about Morris too, and I know Smart will do some great and some bad things, hopefully the great outweigh the bad.

LeBum will probably get 40+ but we can't have hacks like Hill and Green combining for 34 points if we are to win. Hopefully they turn into shrinking violets again.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, Morris is key. If he misses a ton of bunnies inside again and continues shooting low-IQ fadeaways, we're doomed. Smart is another worry, as I'm sure he'll bring the hustle, but if he shoots poorly and/or keeps taking heat-check 3s and missing, then that's not good either.

Those two have to play smarter (no pun intended) on Sunday night.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

don't worry.  Celts have been unbeaten at home for a reason

Celts will win tomorrow.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
At least the Celts have shown "fight" 2 out of 3 road games

what have the Cavs shown in Boston?    Just have been blown out pretty much

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Stop being so self aggrandizing.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC