Author Topic: If you are CBS do you coach one game tomorrow or coach for game 7 as well?  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
What would you do?

Do you coach game 6 without looking ahead or do you coach with an overall strategy for both games. I have been saying since yesterday that he has to coach to win game six, but adopt a strategy that even if Cavs win game 6 they will have no legs for game 7.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
You absolutely are looking to end the series in Game 6.  I don't want to play LeBron in a Game 7 and that's also Cleveland's best chance of getting decent road efforts from their non-stars.

But I do think Brad should use more players as fatigue could become a factor where they're playing every other night now.  Larkin might be a nice addition if he can play at all.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
CLOSE. THEM. OUT. #NoLife

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
It will be a tall task for the Celtics to close out a series on the road.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think he'll do the same as he always does. Look at the next game and get the players to focus on the next play.

There isn't going to be any sudden desperation that appears. The whole organisation believes in itself, we aren't suddenly going to change our approach

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Brad never seems to get caught up in the moment so he will prepare them as normal.

I think the start is key. Jump out to a lead and see the Cavs tighten up. Their role players look so much more comfortable with a lead and can really get shaky when trailing. The crowd is going to be in desperation mode from the get so I don’t think an early lead will detract them, but we can make The Others nervous.

We just need to win quarters. We won 3 out of 4 in Game 4 after not winning any in Game 3.

Rozier needs to be aggressive and make his easy shots. Horford needs to attack early and often, which doesn’t necessarily mean shoot but he can get others involved through his post-ups. Everybody REBOUND! Love seeing Rozier and Tatum join in and eliminate extra possessions.

Obviously anything was going to be better than Game 3’s dismal performance, but I think we really fond something after the equally brutal start to Game 4. The adjustment Brad made in Game 5 was great and I don’t see how Lue can counter anymore.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You coach one game at a time, each game like it is your last with maximum effort!

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
You win when you can. I’d hate to give this Cavs team life.

Plus, it’d be nice to get the guys some rest as the Warriors and Rockets play in game 7 (predicting the Warriors winning in a blowout)
- LilRip

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You coach one game at a time, each game like it is your last with maximum effort!
Definitely coach Game 6 to win.  If they lose, you want them to go into Game 7 with the same competitiveness.  Give the Cavs no reason for optimism in a G6 victory. 

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
100% play to win every game.  I know that's Brad's approach. Celtics can absolutely win this game and it will be well worth the effort.
Yup

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Coach to win this game. He has a young team so he's not worried about rest for Sunday. I tell the guys to play at a great pace, move the ball and keep it close. By the 3rd quarter the Cavs may be gassed and the crowd may start getting anxious. Make Bron be great on every possession.

I think they can win this game. I like our chances...two games to win one. There would be nothing more sweet than to end their season where ours supposedly ended to start the season. Send the King packing out of Cleveland.

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Defense, only defense can bring us game 6.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
You coach to win & adapt on the fly.  Only have an eye on Game 7 if, god forbid, you're getting blown out then you start thinking about managing minutes and getting the bench guys in.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
making LeBron work on defense is a risky move as he can show he can do it, but he definitely looked gas game 5 carrying the load, I think this is worth looking into, whoever LeBron is guarding, he needs to keep attacking,

we should not settle for jumpshots especially if they don't start falling, we need to attack

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
100% about this game, but I'd make sure the game plan had some extra in it that required Lebron to run/chase even more than usual.