Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Cavaliers (2-3) ECF Game #6 5/25/18  (Read 102486 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Cavaliers (2-3) ECF Game #6 5/25/18
« Reply #1785 on: May 26, 2018, 05:26:38 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
my takeaways were:

1. you just have to do a better job defending lebron. you can't let him play 1 on 1 pretty much against anyone, especially with love out.
2. horford has to be more aggressive. he cannot wait for the double team to start his move. 3-4 times he was left with george on him, just one dribble, turn and finish
3. morris was just terrible. all over the floor, a negative impact. other from playing occassionaly good defense on lebron, he was just terrible
4. attack the rim, push the ball

without love in the final game, cavs have an extra challenge on their hands, and we have to take adventage of that. we cannot let lebron get his 50 point triple double and say, hey he is an all time great. we have to focus on him, the way they have singled out horford. give him different looks, early double team, late double team, full court, early fouls, attack him etc.

i am fully confidente in our game 7 victory!
Agree with 3 and 4 but if you double on Lebron you'r going to lose game 7

You take your poison and let him beat you by his own and wear him down, and stop everybody else, we did a very good job tonight, he is going to be exhausted in game 7
i'm just saying give him different looks, he has 6 turnovers a game, a big part of why we are at game 7 at home. when you give him the same look every time down, you are dead. we cannot live with rozier being his prime defender all the time.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #1786 on: May 26, 2018, 06:53:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
TOs killed us and a few guys having off nights.    Maybe LeBron isn't the only fatigued guy.   

I noticed that they double team Al in the post, someone has to be open and we need to find that and exploit it game 7

I had trouble sleeping after this game, anyone else?

« Reply #1787 on: May 26, 2018, 07:21:12 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Stevens lost the game for the C's in the 2nd quarter. The 2nd quarter has been a consistent issue for this team all year but it is further complicated by Stevens let them play through serious momentum shifting runs than call an early timeout. Cavs went on a 14-3 run before he called a time out and the C's never recovered after that. The young guys got rattled and their offense/defense collapsed.

I'm also trying to rationalize why Baynes did not play because they got murdered on the offensive boards.

At this point, game 7 is anyone's guess. Hard to get against LeBron in game 7 the way he is playing right now.

Also, time to start mentally preparing for a Foster/Brothers game 7 duo.

« Reply #1788 on: May 26, 2018, 07:33:19 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
After a fitful night of rest I am still confident yet still a bit concerned about game 7.
-To be honest, can James duplicate that performance in a road game seven after playing 48 minutes with one day off to recover? I just don’t see how he won’t be fatigued at some point.

-Jr Smith has a bad ankle. People said he was limping really noticeable after the game.

-To me, Love is not playing. He looked concussed. And if he does I don’t expect much from him.

-That means the game comes down to limiting Hill, Green, Korver and Nance. Nance is just an energy guy. Keep him off the boards.

-Think Al will be much better. Think Tatum will be more aggressive at home.

-Smart and Morris cannot be allowed to take quick heat check threes that kill momentum.

-It took a historic performance from James, 34 points from Hill and green at home but despite how bad Boston was they were right there late

-I don’t expect 15 turnovers, giving up 15 offensive rebounds and missing 9 free throws at home

I am cautiously optimistic but have the sense of dread because James has killed our hopes so many times.

« Reply #1789 on: May 26, 2018, 08:00:14 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Unfortunately, I could not watch passed the first quarter.  We played well in the 1st, LBJ was meh, and Love out of the game.

What happened in the 2nd quarter?

« Reply #1790 on: May 26, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Unfortunately, I could not watch passed the first quarter.  We played well in the 1st, LBJ was meh, and Love out of the game.

What happened in the 2nd quarter?

Turnovers

Marcus and Marcus chucking away from 3

Turnovers and long rebounds from the 3s led to easy transition baskets. Gave the Cavs life.

« Reply #1791 on: May 26, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
these three road loses were some of the worse coaching I have seen out of CBS

no real plan.  Just go out there guys and do your best

Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier were clearly ON, on the offensive end tonight.  So you need to draw up a game plan (after the half) to have these two launch shots after shot after shots.

But instead he gives the green light to Morris, Smart etc.   This is what not to do , in order to win close tough away games. 

In game 5, Baynes starting was perfect in order to make Lebron think twice before driving in the lane/alter his shots.  Also worked well in the 1st quarter of game 6

Then he sits him , brings in Morris, and things get real messy.  GO back to Baynes

The players need to follow detail?? CBS didn't follow his own advice

it really makes me question what he is telling these players. i think he gives green light to anybody with no concern. how about keep killing them in the paint at the rim until they collapse 4 guys then we can shoot wide open threes. it is nuts how he lets them get away with garbage.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1792 on: May 26, 2018, 09:25:04 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
whatever happens it has been  great year with you guys here as always. the grinders of the game threads. my favorite board here.

chief
liam
celticinorlando
bringtoughnessback
hwangjii
ogaju
sparzwizard

and many others i am sure i missed.

Thanks BGL...enjoy you in the game threads too. By the way, how did you end up in the game 5 thread today...lol

u saw that? OMG. i musta hit a wrong button last night was wondering same thing. LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1793 on: May 26, 2018, 09:25:21 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier were clearly ON, on the offensive end tonight.  So you need to draw up a game plan (after the half) to have these two launch shots after shot after shots.

But instead he gives the green light to Morris, Smart etc.   This is what not to do , in order to win close tough away games. 

In game 5, Baynes starting was perfect in order to make Lebron think twice before driving in the lane/alter his shots.  Also worked well in the 1st quarter of game 6

Then he sits him , brings in Morris, and things get real messy.  GO back to Baynes

it really makes me question what he is telling these players. i think he gives green light to anybody with no concern. how about keep killing them in the paint at the rim until they collapse 4 guys then we can shoot wide open threes. it is nuts how he lets them get away with garbage.

Smart and Morris shot the Cs out of the game in the second period. It was just frustrating.

« Reply #1794 on: May 26, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
my takeaways were:

1. you just have to do a better job defending lebron. you can't let him play 1 on 1 pretty much against anyone, especially with love out.
2. horford has to be more aggressive. he cannot wait for the double team to start his move. 3-4 times he was left with george on him, just one dribble, turn and finish
3. morris was just terrible. all over the floor, a negative impact. other from playing occassionaly good defense on lebron, he was just terrible
4. attack the rim, push the ball

without love in the final game, cavs have an extra challenge on their hands, and we have to take adventage of that. we cannot let lebron get his 50 point triple double and say, hey he is an all time great. we have to focus on him, the way they have singled out horford. give him different looks, early double team, late double team, full court, early fouls, attack him etc.

i am fully confidente in our game 7 victory!
Agree with 3 and 4 but if you double on Lebron you'r going to lose game 7

You take your poison and let him beat you by his own and wear him down, and stop everybody else, we did a very good job tonight, he is going to be exhausted in game 7

hold him to 35 or under and we got this
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1795 on: May 26, 2018, 09:31:24 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Does anyone expect 14-20 points out of Jeff Green again...esp if he starts?

He was terrible as a Celtic in that role. He disappears.

« Reply #1796 on: May 26, 2018, 09:35:41 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Smart and Morris shot the Cs out of the game in the second period. It was just frustrating.

i like stevens but he is really pizzing me off.  how hard is it to tell guys GO TO RIM MARCUS! DONT KEEP SHOOTING THRREES MARCUS AFTER YOU MAKE ONE when we are killing them inside all series. make them collapse before we start chucking.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1797 on: May 26, 2018, 09:36:08 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Officials for Rockets/Warriors Game 6:

Ken Mauer, David Guthrie, Ed Malloy

Bill Kennedy - Alternate

John Goble - Replay Center

I am telling you we are getting Foster and Brothers tomorrow for game 7

« Reply #1798 on: May 26, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Does anyone expect 14-20 points out of Jeff Green again...esp if he starts?

He was terrible as a Celtic in that role. He disappears.

i tell u what. .if love does not play. WE HAVE ZERO EXCUSE to not show up and learn from miscues and play smart ball and win. ZERO EXCUSE. screw the house money aspect. i want the eastern conference title. and i want it now for this team. we should beat this team. zero excuses brad.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1799 on: May 26, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Officials for Rockets/Warriors Game 6:

Ken Mauer, David Guthrie, Ed Malloy

Bill Kennedy - Alternate

John Goble - Replay Center

I am telling you we are getting Foster and Brothers tomorrow for game 7

we just need to focus on what we can control right now. we have tons to fix and work on. that other stuff is out of our control sadly. we will just have to adapt, improvise and overcome.
LET'S GO CELTICS!