Author Topic: A "Fatigued" Lebron Adds A New Wrinkle Heading Into Game 6  (Read 5901 times)

Re: A "Fatigued" Lebron Adds A New Wrinkle Heading Into Game 6
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If some of the Cavs supporting players hit shots and the Celts struggle to shoot from outside, that could go a long way to "energizing" LeBron, though.

I'm at a point where I don't have much confidence in the Celts to win any road game but I also feel like they'll be in position to win any game they play at home.

I feel like Lebron intentionally steps back some times, and lets the other guys shoot and try to make plays for a few minutes. If they blow it, he then decides whether to (a) win the game by himself, or (b) take it easy, get the L and try again next game.

If he does this in a game like last night, when they are within 9 or so, either the other guys get it down to 5-6 points and Lebron takes over, or they let it go up to 15 and he cashes out. Last night was situation #2.

He's very strategic about all of this IMO, so he can time his effort to have the maximum effect.

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
It seems like they managed our minutes pretty good despite playing just 7 guys, only the young guy Tatum played heavy minutes.

I kind of thought it would be interesting to see Ojeleye get a start, then bring in Smart, Morris, and Baynes all of the bench together. Help keep Morris fresh and from foul trouble and let Ojeleye guard LeBron at the beginning of the game. LeBron is probably going to come out with a full head of steam so let Ojeleye pick up those two early fouls and not Morris.

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If some of the Cavs supporting players hit shots and the Celts struggle to shoot from outside, that could go a long way to "energizing" LeBron, though.

I'm at a point where I don't have much confidence in the Celts to win any road game but I also feel like they'll be in position to win any game they play at home.

I feel like Lebron intentionally steps back some times, and lets the other guys shoot and try to make plays for a few minutes. If they blow it, he then decides whether to (a) win the game by himself, or (b) take it easy, get the L and try again next game.

If he does this in a game like last night, when they are within 9 or so, either the other guys get it down to 5-6 points and Lebron takes over, or they let it go up to 15 and he cashes out. Last night was situation #2.

He's very strategic about all of this IMO, so he can time his effort to have the maximum effect.

There was nothing intentional about it, he was gassed. There was not much left in the tank to take over last night.

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I hope he's fatigued, but I'm not there yet. Over the past I-can't-even-count-how-many years, the best way to determine who would win the east was to look at the rosters and see who had LeBron. Yes, he's a year older and yes, his team is not particularly good, but that guy still scares the hell out of me.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2018, 12:48:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I hope he's fatigued, but I'm not there yet. Over the past I-can't-even-count-how-many years, the best way to determine who would win the east was to look at the rosters and see who had LeBron. Yes, he's a year older and yes, his team is not particularly good, but that guy still scares the hell out of me.

Mike

Yeah, the Lebron Effect as we call it lol.  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Completely agree.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2018, 01:17:08 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
-Agree that the 3 days off saved the Cavs from a 5 game exit.

-Do not believe that LBJ is tired. He will come out in game 6 full force. Game 7 is the place I can see him wearing out.

-I do think Boston can win tomorrow. Cavs are mentally weak and Lue is out of options. No more real moves to make

-Game six will either be a Boston win with the Cavs quitting or LBJ carrying them one more time to a close victory. This will be a close game IMO. But the Cavs are ripe for the picking. Boston just needs to play good defense and make/take good shots.

I think James knows his dominance in the East it now coming to an end. He looks very stoic. Cleveland is not going to win 25 games next year and James...to me knows he cannot win there anymore.

If you can't beat Boston without Kyrie and Hayward...then you stand no chance next year with this
Cavs team.

FINISH HIM FRIDAY IN HIS BARN!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC

-Do not believe that LBJ is tired. He will come out in game 6 full force. Game 7 is the place I can see him wearing out.

-I do think Boston can win tomorrow. Cavs are mentally weak and Lue is out of options. No more real moves to make

-Game six will either be a Boston win with the Cavs quitting or LBJ carrying them one more time to a close victory. This will be a close game IMO. But the Cavs are ripe for the picking. Boston just needs to play good defense and make/take good shots.

I think James knows his dominance in the East it now coming to an end. He looks very stoic. Cleveland is not going to win 25 games next year and James...to me knows he cannot win there anymore.

If you can't beat Boston without Kyrie and Hayward...then you stand no chance next year with this
Cavs team.

Would be so satisfying to win the East in Cleveland.

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 01:22:48 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
It seems like they managed our minutes pretty good despite playing just 7 guys, only the young guy Tatum played heavy minutes.

I kind of thought it would be interesting to see Ojeleye get a start, then bring in Smart, Morris, and Baynes all of the bench together. Help keep Morris fresh and from foul trouble and let Ojeleye guard LeBron at the beginning of the game. LeBron is probably going to come out with a full head of steam so let Ojeleye pick up those two early fouls and not Morris.

yeah semi will most probably play friday. stevens said as much in post game
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Cavs team.

Would be so satisfying to win the East in Cleveland.

If we CLOSE OUT IN CLEVELAND

I will run down my street naked. after dark of course tho!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I don't know why people would be surprised if LeBron was finally starting to break down. No one has played more minutes over the last decade. And has more on his shoulders. It was going to happen at some point.
Since when is being fatigued the same thing as breaking down?  He's not breaking down at all.  The guy got tired!

Can you think of a time before this series where LeRoid looked like he didn't have much in the tank? I can't.

He has a ton of mileage on those legs and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Father time is unbeaten.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 02:00:49 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
I don't know why people would be surprised if LeBron was finally starting to break down. No one has played more minutes over the last decade. And has more on his shoulders. It was going to happen at some point.
Since when is being fatigued the same thing as breaking down?  He's not breaking down at all.  The guy got tired!

Can you think of a time before this series where LeRoid looked like he didn't have much in the tank? I can't.

He has a ton of mileage on those legs and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Father time is unbeaten.

KG can attest to this. he had a ton of minutes on him also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cleveland and Ohio papers are saying LeBron was exhausted...that is the new narrative here in Cavs Land...

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2018, 02:22:51 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Cleveland and Ohio papers are saying LeBron was exhausted...that is the new narrative here in Cavs Land...

if they are making excuses like that they are worried.

DETHRONE THE KING!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 02:23:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

yeah semi will most probably play friday. stevens said as much in post game

He's just keeping Lue guessing at this point.