Author Topic: A "Fatigued" Lebron Adds A New Wrinkle Heading Into Game 6  (Read 5892 times)

Re: A "Fatigued" Lebron Adds A New Wrinkle Heading Into Game 6
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 11:14:57 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Its the same thing with Embiid, he was the 76ers best player but still got fatigued.

Embiid wasn't the problem, the problem was they were asking too much from Embiid. They needed him to fight for post position 20+ times, anchor their defense, run out on Horford/Baynes pick and pops, and contain perimeter players on switches.

LBJ is amazing but he's 33 and at 33 you cannot go full out like you can at 28, that's all we are seeing now.

yeah if we keep making lebron work hard at both ends it will pay off in spades for us
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 11:17:13 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I heard LeBron smoked a pack of cigarettes before the game. It will be interesting to see how will he prepare for the G6. Something to monitor.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
What we are seeing here (and not just last night) is chinks in Lebron's armor.  He's human, after all.  He'll continue to be a very good player for at least a few more years but the train has reached the summit and is coming down the other side.

Indeed, my prediction is that next year Lebron will suffer a major injury for the first time.  Then it will be obvious.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:25:16 AM by droopdog7 »

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 11:21:13 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
26/10/5 on 50% shooting.  Lebron wasn't the problem.

100%. Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson are paid like top tier players, but they are not. They are in the Marcus Morris, not Anthony Davis, grouping. JR Smith and Ty Lue stink. Korver is what he is. George Hill, Rodney Hood, and Jordan Clarkson are meh players. The Cavs are just not that good.

Everyone wants to pin this on Lebron. He needs a better team, and I imagine that will be coming soon after the Cavs begin golf season.

needs a better team? he has played on stacked heat and cavs teams for years! no sympathy from me. he is a huge arch enemy.  better team? BWAHAHAHA. not a single care given. the pain he has caused us? FINISH HIM FRIDAY IN HIS BARN!

Lol ‘finish him Friday in his barn’
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
What is seeing here (and not just last night) is chinks in Lebron's armor.  He's human, after all.  He'll continue to be a very good player for at least a few more years but the train has reached the summit and is coming down the other side.

Indeed, my prediction is that next year Lebron will suffer a major injury for the first time.  Then it will be obvious.
I think he's hit the point where the optimal usage of his abilities would be to get his minutes cut down to like 32 and try and channel more energy into the minutes he's on the floor. Go back to being more of defensive menace with a reduced minutes and creation work load.

Of course he'd need to go to a team with more talent around him to do that.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't know why people would be surprised if LeBron was finally starting to break down. No one has played more minutes over the last decade. And has more on his shoulders. It was going to happen at some point.
Since when is being fatigued the same thing as breaking down?  He's not breaking down at all.  The guy got tired!

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'm not sure what it was, but did anybody else notice a sort of discoloration on LeBron's face last night? It was sort of outlining his face on his skull, and definitely hasn't always been there. I'm sure it was related to physical stress.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This series would be a sweep or at least over last night if there wasn't nearly 4 full days of rest between Game 2 and 3.

This series ends on Friday.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I don't know why people would be surprised if LeBron was finally starting to break down. No one has played more minutes over the last decade. And has more on his shoulders. It was going to happen at some point.
Since when is being fatigued the same thing as breaking down?  He's not breaking down at all.  The guy got tired!

Fatigue is the first phase of "breaking" down. I train boxers and the first thing to go is always the legs when a fighter starts to get old. They just can't go as long and their recovery time starts to extend..

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 11:34:21 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Fatigue is the first phase of "breaking" down. I train boxers and the first thing to go is always the legs when a fighter starts to get old. They just can't go as long and their recovery time starts to extend..
Endurance athletes in their early 20's hit the wall and have to drop out of races all the time.  They aren't breaking down.

Lebron was amazing the entire season and the entire series.  He got tired in one game.  Hopefully it continues, but it doesn't mean he's breaking down.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 11:36:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Exactly right JHTruth.

Also all the recent research on injury has indicated that when you are fatigued the risk of a hamstring pull, Achilles tear, knee strain, etc. all goes up massively. That's why NBA teams are investing so much in rest and body monitoring technology. They are trying to reduce that injury risk.

Its pretty cool how they have sensors and other measurements that can detect fatigue early now a days.

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
26/10/5 on 50% shooting.  Lebron wasn't the problem.

That's where we are at with LeBron now -- if he has a merely "very good" game (setting aside the turnovers, which were not good), it feels like he had a "bad" game and his team seems to have no chance.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If some of the Cavs supporting players hit shots and the Celts struggle to shoot from outside, that could go a long way to "energizing" LeBron, though.

I'm at a point where I don't have much confidence in the Celts to win any road game but I also feel like they'll be in position to win any game they play at home.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think alot more depends on how the CAVs role players ply and how our young guys shoot. The CAVs role players play so much better at home, and our guys so much worse on the road that even if Lebron has a pedestrian performance (by his standards) we are still and should be massive underdogs. But hey, at some pint you would think our young guys would learn how to play better on the road. Of course its not just the young guys, Horford was awful in Cleveland. Going big with baynes if they do too should help.

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
-Agree that the 3 days off saved the Cavs from a 5 game exit.

-Do not believe that LBJ is tired. He will come out in game 6 full force. Game 7 is the place I can see him wearing out.

-I do think Boston can win tomorrow. Cavs are mentally weak and Lue is out of options. No more real moves to make

-Game six will either be a Boston win with the Cavs quitting or LBJ carrying them one more time to a close victory. This will be a close game IMO. But the Cavs are ripe for the picking. Boston just needs to play good defense and make/take good shots.

I think James knows his dominance in the East it now coming to an end. He looks very stoic. Cleveland is not going to win 25 games next year and James...to me knows he cannot win there anymore.

If you can't beat Boston without Kyrie and Hayward...then you stand no chance next year with this
Cavs team.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:09:22 PM by celticinorlando »