Author Topic: Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse  (Read 4506 times)

Re: Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I have never been this confident in a Celtics/James series since 2008.

It's not just fatigue. His heart isn't in it. LeBron has 1 foot out the door. I think we finish it Friday night.

It reminds me of 2010 honestly.  If we get ahead I think we'll seem them fold just like they did then. With the same offseason result for Cleveland. Driving LeBron out of town twice will be a wonderful thread to this rivalry.

While it would certainly be amazing to see this team make the finals (and hopefully compete for a championship), I definitely don't think the best thing for the Cs is for Lebron to leave CLE. Wherever he ends up next year will surely be more competitive than where he is now.

Hopefully the additions of Irving and Hayward will offset whatever super-team Lebron has lined up next.

I agree but I think whether we beat him or not the conclusion LeBron is going to come to is that he can't carry a team full-time anymore. 

Win or lose he's going to go somewhere with some young talent, and *gulp* Philly seems like the best fit. But so be it. This week's mission is sending him packing.
to me philly only seems like a good fit if they trade simmons

maybe for kawhi?

i just don't see simmons doing anything with lebron on that team
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Funny i stated multiple times during regular season Lebron isn't going younger and can't carry team by his own no more but many firmly believed he will dominate until at least 36/37

I was right there with you. He has played more minutes than anyone his age has either by an incredible amount. Him leading the league in minutes played this year in a desperate attempt to ge the MVP was incredibly  misguided. I would not be surprised to see Lebron fall off a cliff in two seasons.

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
he is human!

"You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!"

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2018, 07:33:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
he is human!

"You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!"

lol tp triboy

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2018, 10:21:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think its all an act...

if Lebron loses...then poor lebron was exhausted from having to carry this poor team!

if Lebron wins ...then Lebron is so good he can will his team  to the finals while exhausted!

its typical lebron....find a way to deflect all the blame if they lose and gain all the glory if they win

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 10:59:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

if Lebron loses...then poor lebron was exhausted from having to carry this poor team!

if Lebron wins ...then Lebron is so good he can will his team  to the finals while exhausted!

its typical lebron....find a way to deflect all the blame if they lose and gain all the glory if they win

I disagree

The load he has had to carry, plus his age

he is tired. Especially with no 3-4 days in between game breaks (this was a detriment for the Celts).   Most teams rest their guys at about the 5-6 min mark.   Lebron/Lue leaves him out there for the whole 1st quarter and sometimes he starts the 2nd quarter , relying on TV breaks/timeouts/strolling back on D to get a breather

Celtics made him work for everything early on. And  got gassed/the exhaustion is catching up to him

Game 6, he might ignore the pain and feed off the crowd.  But i wouldn't be surprised if he starts breaking down by the 2nd half (it won't be like game 3, 4)

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I disagree

The load he has had to carry, plus his age

he is tired. Especially with no 3-4 days in between game breaks (this was a detriment for the Celts).   Most teams rest their guys at about the 5-6 min mark.   Lebron/Lue leaves him out there for the whole 1st quarter and sometimes he starts the 2nd quarter , relying on TV breaks/timeouts/strolling back on D to get a breather

Celtics made him work for everything early on. And  got gassed/the exhaustion is catching up to him

Game 6, he might ignore the pain and feed off the crowd.  But i wouldn't be surprised if he starts breaking down by the 2nd half (it won't be like game 3, 4)
TP, makes sense. If they can weather the 1st half they have a shot at taking this game.  However, if they lose G6, the C’s will run him out of town in G7.

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he is fighting getting old ....wanting to prove he is still worth a final brinks truck, to som team

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2018, 05:28:08 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the "fatigue" of LeBron is fake. I thought this was quite obvious, I can't believe so many get duped by this turd.

after the game 4 cavs win LeBron was asked "how are you able to do this at this age?" to which he replies(paraphrasing) "i'm in great shape, I take care of myself, work hard".

so within a game he's "fatigued"? did he run to boston from Cleveland!?!!?

this is just LeBron making his "triumphant" winning of this series look so dramatic and that more great and the adulation he'll receive that more profound.

yes, we're losing this series. the writing is on the wall, the cavs will win gm 7 watch! 

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
the "fatigue" of LeBron is fake. I thought this was quite obvious, I can't believe so many get duped by this turd.

after the game 4 cavs win LeBron was asked "how are you able to do this at this age?" to which he replies(paraphrasing) "i'm in great shape, I take care of myself, work hard".

this is just LeBron making his "triumphant" winning of this series look so dramatic and that more great and the adulation he'll receive that more profound.u

yes, we're losing this series. the writing is on the wall, the cavs will win gm 7 watch!

Hope this is some weird reverse curse jinx.

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 08:05:22 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

this is just LeBron making his "triumphant" winning of this series look so dramatic and that more great and the adulation he'll receive that more profound.

Hope this is some weird reverse curse jinx.

nope, this is how this game plays out - we play well enough to win this game(lead most of the game) but Cleveland plays well enough to hang around, comeback in the last 6 mins. and win by 20.

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:22 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

TP.  I really think you might be right.  I made a post a few days ago about how every single thing that he does is calculated for the camera, and your post supports that.