Author Topic: Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse  (Read 4510 times)

Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:32:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
James must realize the annihilation that the Final would bring at the hands of all stars.
.Better to go out from the exhaustion of carrying a non supporting cast.The accumulation of minutes played this season to carry this team,this far, all year was Herculean.
I think outside coming back in Cleveland for one last win might be in his script.
But the Friday night game doesn't give him much time unless some trick of modern day medicine allows him a unreal recovery.

Re: Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's older and plays a TON of minutes sooner or later that catches up to you. Is that what is going on now? I don't know.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Father time is undefeated
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I've seen him have bad games before and I've seen him be dehydrated, but he looks like he's finally feeling his basketball age. It's an old team and this is their last ride. Doesn't mean we're going to win because our basketball age is really young and experience counts.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:01:33 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Let's just remember that the game where people are claiming James failed physically he scored 26 points, shooting 50% from the field, grabbed 10 rebounds, and dished out 5 assists.  He did have 6 turnovers and he played over 39 minutes.  I'll take that sort of physical failure all of the time from my players. 

The Cavs problems have been and continue to be that Ty Lue is a downright awful coach.  He has no understanding of rotations, play calling, etc.  He is just awful.  I mean this a guy who said Kyle Korver didn't play more minutes because Semi Ojeleye was removed from Boston's rotation.  Here is the exact quote "Well, initially, he's been putting Ojeleye in," Lue said of Stevens after the game Wednesday. "So that's been kind of Kyle's matchup when he comes in the game. He didn't play him tonight, so it kind of threw us for a loop."  Semi Ojeleye not playing threw the Cavs for a loop and led to Korver playing only like 18 minutes.  That sums up the Cavs problems and is all anyone really needs to know.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:03:52 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
As much as I hate him...I would be really worried about a game 7 with him willing the Cavs to a win. Need to get it done in Cleveland.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 09:05:34 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Let's just remember that the game where people are claiming James failed physically he scored 26 points, shooting 50% from the field, grabbed 10 rebounds, and dished out 5 assists.  He did have 6 turnovers and he played over 39 minutes.  I'll take that sort of physical failure all of the time from my players. 

The Cavs problems have been and continue to be that Ty Lue is a downright awful coach.  He has no understanding of rotations, play calling, etc.  He is just awful.  I mean this a guy who said Kyle Korver didn't play more minutes because Semi Ojeleye was removed from Boston's rotation.  Here is the exact quote "Well, initially, he's been putting Ojeleye in," Lue said of Stevens after the game Wednesday. "So that's been kind of Kyle's matchup when he comes in the game. He didn't play him tonight, so it kind of threw us for a loop."  Semi Ojeleye not playing threw the Cavs for a loop and led to Korver playing only like 18 minutes.  That sums up the Cavs problems and is all anyone really needs to know.

Agreed on both points. Lebron had a good game overall, just not a superhuman game. The tired narrative is overblown.

Lue is absolutely awful. JR Smith was proactively killing the Cavs on both ends of the floor and Lue insists on playing him major minutes. He also made absolutely no adjustment to Baynes joining the starting lineup. Your guys are older, slower, and more tired? You got some good, athletic young guys on the bench in Nance, Clarkson, Osman and Hood. Use them! They actually cut the lead in half when he went with them for a stretch,

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:05:51 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
LBJ played more minutes than anyone during the regular season, and is leading the league again in the playoffs. This is on top of a heavy year-over-year burden. He's been in the finals 7 straight years, and he hasn't missed much due to injury. I'd be shocked if anybody has played more basketball than he has over the last seven years. It's got to catch up to you. Incredible he decided not to rest up toward the end of the year.

I'm kind of hoping the Lakers mortgage their future to get James and PG13, and it's not enough because LeBron has lost a step and, well, PG13 isn't his old self anymore either. If LeBron wants to chase a title, he almost has to go to Houston.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 09:06:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This is all true, but the point that LeBron looked defeated out there is still true. True to the point where Marc Jackson was saying it. Marc freakin Jackson. I’ve never seen that from LeBron. The cramp game and all the other failures in his career have a different feel to this one.

He just looked done out there.

Ty Lue is hilariously inept though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 09:07:36 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I believe Lue is playing JR Smith because he wants Lebron to lose.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 09:08:07 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
He's older and plays a TON of minutes sooner or later that catches up to you. Is that what is going on now? I don't know.

TP.  He's a lot older now and they've relied so much on him these last few years that he's eventually going to slow down.  All great players do.  Now Lebron slowing down is a lot different then other players because Lebron still plays at a level 99% of the players in the NBA can't play at.  But it's good to see that he is faltering to the finish line. 

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I told you these old guys would start to get noodle legs. Games every other day and travel will not effect our young guys. I think we can catch them sleeping in game 6 and play more relaxed. I would push the pace early and keep it close. Lue isn't playing any of his young guys and his vets are gassed.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
They shouldn't have let him play so many minutes in the regular season.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I told you these old guys would start to get noodle legs. Games every other day and travel will not effect our young guys. I think we can catch them sleeping in game 6 and play more relaxed. I would push the pace early and keep it close. Lue isn't playing any of his young guys and his vets are gassed.
Why Calderon gets no minutes is beyond me. You get Behind Korver is the frist Guy you put in.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 09:53:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Hate see him blame other and point to them when he makes a mistake..no wonder kyrie wanted out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin