Author Topic: Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse  (Read 4507 times)

Re: Is futility behind Lebrons physical collapse
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
LBJ played more minutes than anyone during the regular season, and is leading the league again in the playoffs. This is on top of a heavy year-over-year burden. He's been in the finals 7 straight years, and he hasn't missed much due to injury. I'd be shocked if anybody has played more basketball than he has over the last seven years. It's got to catch up to you. Incredible he decided not to rest up toward the end of the year.

I'm kind of hoping the Lakers mortgage their future to get James and PG13, and it's not enough because LeBron has lost a step and, well, PG13 isn't his old self anymore either. If LeBron wants to chase a title, he almost has to go to Houston.

He doesn't look like he's lost a step -- just a little tired.  Still looks like the co-GOAT to me.   If he's on a team that can afford playing him 32 MPG next year, my guess is he'll still be MVP level and will have gas in the tank for the playoffs.
Exactly.  He's better than ever.  And it's not just the minutes- it's that he is everything to that team.  He doesn't have a Wade or anyone else to share the load.  He's their freaking point guard for god's sake.

I don't think its so much the cumulative minutes as it is the energy he has to exert in any given game. He no long has Irving to throw it too every other possession, he has to create their offense every time down the floor. He can't do it all the time, nobody can. Its the same reason why great offensive players are rarely great defensive players, it takes energy to be the focal point.

Meh his wanting to play every game and every minute this year was incredibly misguided attempt to win MVP. I think he is paying price for that this series, and if they win, next round.

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'll tell you one thing, if Lebron manages to carry this Cavs team to the Finals it may well outdo his other achievements to date. Certainly up there with the 1-3 comeback.

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2018, 12:32:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Lue said of Stevens after the game Wednesday. "So that's been kind of Kyle's matchup when he comes in the game. He didn't play him tonight, so it kind of threw us for a loop."  Semi Ojeleye not playing threw the Cavs for a loop and led to Korver playing only like 18 minutes.  That sums up the Cavs problems and is all anyone really needs to know.

Korver averaged 22 min per game in games 1-4, including starting in game 1.  I am not sure 3 more minutes of Korver changes the outcome (box score gave him 19 min) but that is a very strange thing for a coach to say after a game.  Keep in mind though that Lue is not the coach, LeBron is.  I think we have a coaching edge for sure but in the games that we have won, CLE has just plain played bad.  This is not as simple as one coach vs. the other coach.

I did not pick up on Semi/Korver match up but I think what Lue is saying is that he was using Semi to cover for Korver's lack of defense or that it was part of how Korver was getting open.  Seems reasonable and I bet if Korver had played more in place of Smith, that Brown would have had more points.  Lot's of variables in play.  Let's see which Cavs team shows up on Friday.
JR Smith is horrible.  He wouldn't even be in the rotation for any other team.  He provides nothing except the rare game that he seemingly hits everything.  Rodney Hood should be starting.  He is a decent shooter, but he is a pretty solid ball handler that can actually get to the hole.  He has size.  It seems like people forgot that Hood was an 18 ppg scorer for the Jazz this year.  He knows how to play and his more versatile offensive game is sorely needed next to Lebron.  Seriously, Lue is just so bad.  A halfway decent coach and the Cavs wouldn't have struggled with Indiana and probably would have closed this series out already. 
including hitting our players in the back

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2018, 12:41:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Lebron’s exhaustion last night was a far bigger factor in last night’s result than Lue’s coaching.

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I have never been this confident in a Celtics/James series since 2008.

It's not just fatigue. His heart isn't in it. LeBron has 1 foot out the door. I think we finish it Friday night.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
he is human!

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

It's not just fatigue. His heart isn't in it. LeBron has 1 foot out the door. I think we finish it Friday night.

FINISH HIM FRIDAY!

CLOSE OUT IN CLEVELAND!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
he is human!

IF YA WANNA BE THE MAN

YA GOTTA BEAT THE MAN

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It reminds me of 2010 honestly.  If we get ahead I think we'll seem them fold just like they did then. With the same offseason result for Cleveland. Driving LeBron out of town twice will be a wonderful thread to this rivalry.

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the talkers threw out that when MJ came back from baseball and got bounced first round but nobody ever remembers that, only his perfect 6-0 in finals-It would be better for his legacy not to go to finals-Broussard and Cowheard.-
If he gets bounced after carrying this team all season who in Cleveland will blame him.
Barring some miracle potion or he has his blood refreshed at some fancy clinic.
He is like out of Bourne Legacy needs his blues.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:52:18 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2018, 03:07:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
A 33 year old player, who is as big as that, has to slow down at some point. LeBron is huge! He's in a power forwards body and plays like a guard. His best position at this point is power forward but they are playing him at point guard and he is worn out!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:35:24 PM by liam »

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It reminds me of 2010 honestly.  If we get ahead I think we'll seem them fold just like they did then. With the same offseason result for Cleveland. Driving LeBron out of town twice will be a wonderful thread to this rivalry.

While it would certainly be amazing to see this team make the finals (and hopefully compete for a championship), I definitely don't think the best thing for the Cs is for Lebron to leave CLE. Wherever he ends up next year will surely be more competitive than where he is now.

Hopefully the additions of Irving and Hayward will offset whatever super-team Lebron has lined up next.

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2018, 03:41:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

While it would certainly be amazing to see this team make the finals (and hopefully compete for a championship), I definitely don't think the best thing for the Cs is for Lebron to leave CLE. Wherever he ends up next year will surely be more competitive than where he is now.

Hopefully the additions of Irving and Hayward will offset whatever super-team Lebron has lined up next.

I agree but I think whether we beat him or not the conclusion LeBron is going to come to is that he can't carry a team full-time anymore. 

Win or lose he's going to go somewhere with some young talent, and *gulp* Philly seems like the best fit. But so be it. This week's mission is sending him packing.

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kyrie screwed him bc Lebron screwed things in the 1st place

Lebron had to do heavy lifting the whole season. Plus his age...he is burnt out no doubt

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Funny i stated multiple times during regular season Lebron isn't going younger and can't carry team by his own no more but many firmly believed he will dominate until at least 36/37