Author Topic: 2018 Draft: Donte Divicenzo and Omari Spellman draw interest from Celtics  (Read 5556 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So is lunch with Danny going to be a recurring meme for the draft lol

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Isn't the rumor that Divincenzo is going to go back to school?

Yes. After the Final Four, he was mocked all over the place from late first to mid second round.  He entered the combine to feel it out and started he would leave now only if he solidified himself as a late first rounder.  Some believe if he returns for a year he will be a lotto pick.  At the combine, he does very well in the 5 on 5s (can watch on youtube).  He also interviewed with the Lakers, Cavs, Hawks, Wolves, Magic, and Blazers.

I bet he stays

He won't get past the Celts.  He doesn't have much to accomplish by going back

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Danny Ainge Took Donte DiVincenzo To Lunch After Pre-Draft Workout This Week

Adam Zagoria
‏Verified account
 @AdamZagoria

Celtics President Danny Ainge took @NovaMBB 's Donte DiVincenzo to lunch after their workout this week, source says. Celts pick at No. 27 and are in the hunt for a 2nd-rounder also.

:o

Was it B.GOOD or Chipotle!?!?!?

So Danny is either really interested, or he's trading down from #27 for sure and letting Donte go to another team.  :laugh:

The 2nd rounder part is interesting though. Looks like Danny is going to try in someway to acquire a 2nd rounder to go along with #27 (which they'll maybe keep and draft with too).

There is good value in this draft in the 2nd round.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I like this kid: ISAAC BONGA but only from highlights. He's so young and can already do a lot on the court. Like a Shawn Livingston type player.

I'm intrigued too, but haven't seen him play either.

He looks like skinny, weak, raw Giannis  Antetokounmpo! He is a total freak but he is so skinny....

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
If we're loosing Smart and/or Rozier, which I think is likely, I'd rather draft Jalen Brunson as a replacement back up point  guard.  Sure Divicenzo has some hight on Brunson but I think Brunson will be a rock solid back up point guard for a long time, and maybe a solid starter on a non contending team.   

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Danny Ainge Took Donte DiVincenzo To Lunch After Pre-Draft Workout This Week

Adam Zagoria
‏Verified account
 @AdamZagoria

Celtics President Danny Ainge took @NovaMBB 's Donte DiVincenzo to lunch after their workout this week, source says. Celts pick at No. 27 and are in the hunt for a 2nd-rounder also.

:o

Was it B.GOOD or Chipotle!?!?!?

So Danny is either really interested, or he's trading down from #27 for sure and letting Donte go to another team.  :laugh:

The 2nd rounder part is interesting though. Looks like Danny is going to try in someway to acquire a 2nd rounder to go along with #27 (which they'll maybe keep and draft with too).

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/23/report-boston-celtics-danny-ainge-treats-villanovas-donte-divincenzo-to-lunch-nba-draft-2018/

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Guys I like with The Celtics 27th pick: Bonga
                                                        DiVencenzo
                                                        Wagner
                                                         Jontay Porter
                                                        Jerome Robinson
                                                        JEVON CARTER

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Spellman Laker workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-4gMEO6Bg

I'm going to watch that tonight if I have trouble sleeping....

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Bonga if we drop back or pick up a late second pick.  Idk whom Ainge thinks is good for 27

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Bonga if we drop back or pick up a late second pick.  Idk whom Ainge thinks is good for 27

I'm starting to really love Bonga. He has narrow shoulders but he looks like he could be something. He's 6'9" and maybe still growing with 7 foot wingspan and he runs the point. Is he playing for that same team Theis played for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dSUTVTflMw
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:30:23 PM by liam »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I guess he's a real boom or bust player and he defiantly wouldn't come over for a year or two.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
prediction

I look for Danny to trade one of Smart or Rozier on draft night.   I think the Clippers or Hawks could use Rozier

Then Danny drafts Divicenzo and Spellman with the 2nd 1st

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
prediction

I look for Danny to trade one of Smart or Rozier on draft night.   I think the Clippers or Hawks could use Rozier

You can't trade Smart because he is an RFA. Trading Rozier for a pick is not wise as the draft pick won't help us win a championship next year as much as Rozier will. And Rozier is on a good contract.

Prediction: Your prediction doesn't happen.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
prediction

You can't trade Smart because he is an RFA. Trading Rozier for a pick is not wise as the draft pick won't help us win a championship next year as much as Rozier will. And Rozier is on a good contract.

Prediction: Your prediction doesn't happen.

;D

I say yes.  Trading Smart would be a little more tricky but Rozier is a possibility

he is going to be in the same situation Smart was this season and looking for money and potential starting chance

I can't see tight Danny losing both of his reserve/semi starting guards for nothing (but also I doubt wants to get in a battle to match/overpay)

Divicenzo and Spellman will help right away.  They are not 1st year clueless prospects.  They have been really well coached, won a championship this past season.  Their skillset would fit right in  (Divicenzo shooting/defense,  Spellman shooting for a PF/C/passing/team defense). Already have NBA bodies (spellman could lose a few pounds)