Author Topic: Cavs (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) ECF Game #5 5/23/18  (Read 67990 times)

Re: Cavs (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) ECF Game #5 5/23/18
« Reply #1260 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Sounds like LeBron to Celtics.

word i read is either stay with cavs OR sixers, rockets or lakers

He sure like this Celtics team..the major  thing keeping him from Boston is probably Kyrie.

There is too much history for Lebron ever to even think about signing with the C's.  It just isn't happening.
Yeah. But in the off case he wants to sign and Kyrie is the only stumbling block, I'd trade Kyrie in a heartbeat for a young star big like KAT. Anyways just some wishful thinking, go Celtics and good luck to Kyrie and Gordon next season!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1261 on: May 24, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If Cavs can't entice PG13 or another marquee FA to sign, I think he will leave.  Definitely to another team that has 2 superstars already.  Rockets a likely destination

76ers is too raw for Lebron.  Lakers need more than PG13 for him to consider signing

« Reply #1262 on: May 24, 2018, 12:33:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lebron reciting his 6 turnovers , one by one

Of course he blames Jeff Green for mishandling the pass lol

« Reply #1263 on: May 24, 2018, 12:39:56 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Anybody else a little bothered by what Morris did tonight

Why add fuel to a spark?

He needs to stop going overboard ...

Not one bit. Let’s the Cavs know they aren’t pushing Boston around

Boston bends the knee for NO ONE.  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1264 on: May 24, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
When asked if he is a "big time" player:

"That's just when I have the most fun" - Jason Tatum

Future superstar.

« Reply #1265 on: May 24, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

He sure like this Celtics team..the major  thing keeping him from Boston is probably Kyrie.

There is too much history for Lebron ever to even think about signing with the C's.  It just isn't happening.

Signed,

KD to GSW.

Ok i grant that was unexpected, but there isn't the level of history with KD and GS as there is with Lebron and Boston.  Years of either getting knocked out of the playoffs by the C's or knocking the C's out.  I will send happily send YOU a pizza if Lebron signs with us.  lol

« Reply #1266 on: May 24, 2018, 07:53:09 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cleveland has no way to bring in another max guy. They are cap strapped and old. James HATES Dan Gilbert because of the past as well as Gilbert being a vocal Trump supporter.

LBJ will not be in Cleveland next year. Cleveland will be terrible. Would not be surprised if the ended up trading Love and starting the tank process.

« Reply #1267 on: May 24, 2018, 07:58:05 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Not really sure what moves Cleveland can go to.

1. It is obvious the 3 days off saved them from being knocked out by now. But now that it is every other day, the Cavs looks mighty tired.

2. Boston can win in Cleveland. They just need to defend and be smart. Baynes starting is smart. Weather the storm early and hang in there. 15 missed layups and dunks in game 4. Convert the simple plays and you win.

3. A game 7 in Boston would rattle the East Coast. I want them to take in in 6 and get it over with...but I am not sure James can carry them this time. Their role players (Hill, Smith, Green, TT, Nance) just are not very good on the road.

Honestly believe Boston has a better chance of winning in Cleveland than Cleveland does in Boston.

« Reply #1268 on: May 24, 2018, 07:58:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Cleveland will be terrible. Would not be surprised if the ended up trading Love and starting the tank process.

CLE won't care they have only really cared about basketball during the LBJ era.   Sure, there are fans there but once the Browns start winning, they care more about that as it has always been more of a Football Town.   Lived in Ohio for most of my life.

I want to win the next game really bad!

« Reply #1269 on: May 24, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cleveland will be terrible. Would not be surprised if the ended up trading Love and starting the tank process.

CLE won't care they have only really cared about basketball during the LBJ era.   Sure, there are fans there but once the Browns start winning, they care more about that as it has always been more of a Football Town.   Lived in Ohio for most of my life.

I want to win the next game really bad!

I live in Columbus and most the fans I interact with are mainly James fans. He leaves they all will go elsewhere. Cavs will turn back into an afterthought

« Reply #1270 on: May 24, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
We played a lot better than in Games 3 and 4, but it was still a pretty shaky night for us. We played ugly for large stretches too. Brown and Rozier combined to shoot 7-30 from the field, and in the 2nd half our offense looked like it lacked rhythm (return to long 2s, chucking 3s, etc.)

Fortunately our defense showed up and THANK GOD Cleveland's role players returned to terrible form last night. Clarkson had SO MANY chances to knock down the open shot to cut the lead to 5 or 6 points, and he missed every single time. JR was terrible as usual, and Jeff Green is just Jeff Green  :laugh:

We also made Lebron work for everything, to the point where even the stepback 3s or fadeaway 2's we've seen him make in his sleep were rimming out or short of the basket (hitting the front rim). He wasn't as aggressive in the 4th trying to body his way for layups.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1271 on: May 24, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Lebron reciting his 6 turnovers , one by one

Of course he blames Jeff Green for mishandling the pass lol

This photographic memory of his is incredibly impressive.  As he gets older he impresses me more and more.

« Reply #1272 on: May 24, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
That was a great game last night, especially considering the sizeable lead throughout the game, which made the game less stressful. As for game 6, I would like to see Marcus Smart and Aaron Baynes in the starting lineup. I think Smart does a better job of running the offense, and he would also help the defense prevent/slow down any potential Cavaliers offensive explosion in the first quarter. I don’t want to see the Cavs offense get off to a good start, and I think Marcus would help in that regard. Besides, I think it could throw the Cavs off because I don’t think they would have planned for it. If the Celtics have the lead or are within 5 points after the first quarter, then I think they end up winning the game.

« Reply #1273 on: May 24, 2018, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
That was a great game last night, especially considering the sizeable lead throughout the game, which made the game less stressful. As for game 6, I would like to see Marcus Smart and Aaron Baynes in the starting lineup. I think Smart does a better job of running the offense, and he would also help the defense prevent/slow down any potential Cavaliers offensive explosion in the first quarter. I don’t want to see the Cavs offense get off to a good start, and I think Marcus would help in that regard. Besides, I think it could throw the Cavs off because I don’t think they would have planned for it. If the Celtics have the lead or are within 5 points after the first quarter, then I think they end up winning the game.
I want Rozier starting because he runs the offense at a quicker pace, getting the ball downcourt faster and looking to break more often. I think that pace has worn down the Cavs. At the beginning of each half I want this team trying to push the ball and wear out the Cavs.

« Reply #1274 on: May 24, 2018, 11:57:17 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Cavs look tired. Is the NBA going to give them 3 days before the next game.

Bad news. From the Commissioner's office:

In honor of the three outstanding remaining basketball teams, as well as the Celtics, we have some exciting news for NBA fans. The Commissioner's office, in conjunction with the calendar people and the reverse vampires, have arranged for a new day to be added for just this week.

It's the start of a new week, but Monday was already taken, so we're going with Bronday, or, as the French would say it, "Le Bronday." Not only will the players have an extra day of rest but we also encourage our fans to get out and walk, just like our soon-to-be Eastern Conference Champions Cleveland Cavaliers. (Don't worry, Cleveland, we've got it under control. We assign the zebras.). Crap, did I just type that? How do I work this interweb thing, anyway...

And in honor of ESPN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVs6qmtrcAo

Mike