Author Topic: From OKC to the Bay: How KD is building a Silicon Valley empire  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Re: From OKC to the Bay: How KD is building a Silicon Valley empire
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
found it interesting he invests in Pieology, which is a competitor to Lebrons investment Blaze Pizza..

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I find this much more interesting than anything the Warriors or Durant do on the court.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:41:38 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Which branch of his media empire creates fake internet personas to protect and defend his fragile beta ego?

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
From Joke-KC to the Lame: How KD Became a Slimy Revolting Vampire
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 06:07:58 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Which branch of his media empire creates fake internet personas to protect and defend his fragile beta ego?
tp

Ill never get over that. I don't understand how espn and the media swept that right under the rug. It was one of the most embarrassing events to an nba star in NBA  history

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 06:12:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
tp

Ill never get over that. I don't understand how espn and the media swept that right under the rug. It was one of the most embarrassing events to an nba star in NBA  history
He’s such a child
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 06:56:26 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I was listening to Bill Simmons' interview with KD back the other month and turned it off b/c of how unimpressive KD is as person, and how Simmons treated him with kid gloves.  They mostly talked about KD's off court investments and interests, and he (KD) had one of his silicon valley experts with him.

Have you ever seen how NBA stars treat little kids who are shooting and missing?  The players typically pretend like they are playing defense so that the kid feels special, and when he/she misses they will encourage them to keep shooting.  That is exactly how these silicon valley people treat KD, but KD thinks he's really smart and doing something special. 

I'll never forget one part of the interview that went something like this:

Durant, "yeah, you know... like.. I've always wanted to do this (technology).  I'm just good at it.
all my life been doing technology stuff. "
Simmons, "wow, so you've always been into this?  What experience did you have before this?"
Durant, "you know... growing up I played video games, and you know.. be on my cell phone."

That's about when I turned it off.  The entire interview Durant came across as trying to be too cool, too smart, and ahead of "the game", and his silicon valley friend was encouraging him (like the aforementioned example of the kid shooting) and telling him how advanced he was.  But nothing about Durant was cool or smart, and it's painfully obvious how weak his ego is.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 01:08:01 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I regret creating this thread. I thought the article was interesting.  Whatever. You guys are so negative. @mods please delete this thread.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 12:21:30 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I was listening to Bill Simmons' interview with KD back the other month and turned it off b/c of how unimpressive KD is as person, and how Simmons treated him with kid gloves.  They mostly talked about KD's off court investments and interests, and he (KD) had one of his silicon valley experts with him.

Have you ever seen how NBA stars treat little kids who are shooting and missing?  The players typically pretend like they are playing defense so that the kid feels special, and when he/she misses they will encourage them to keep shooting.  That is exactly how these silicon valley people treat KD, but KD thinks he's really smart and doing something special. 

I'll never forget one part of the interview that went something like this:

Durant, "yeah, you know... like.. I've always wanted to do this (technology).  I'm just good at it.
all my life been doing technology stuff. "
Simmons, "wow, so you've always been into this?  What experience did you have before this?"
Durant, "you know... growing up I played video games, and you know.. be on my cell phone."

That's about when I turned it off.  The entire interview Durant came across as trying to be too cool, too smart, and ahead of "the game", and his silicon valley friend was encouraging him (like the aforementioned example of the kid shooting) and telling him how advanced he was.  But nothing about Durant was cool or smart, and it's painfully obvious how weak his ego is.
lol I hate people like Durant

He simply has extra money and is putting it where this Silicon valley guy tells him to. Kd isn't doing anything, his advisor is doing the work.