12 (19%)
Cavaliers In 6
10 (15.9%)
Celtics In 7
38 (60.3%)
Cavaliers In 7
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Tied 2-2, Do You Believe?  (Read 5396 times)

Re: Tied 2-2, Do You Believe?
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2018, 01:01:58 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I believe only Celtics Nation has believed in this team this whole playoffs.

Believe there's a stat that Vegas has made the Celtics the underdog in just about every single playoff game.  Pretty weird stat because Vegas would be losing money if people were smart enough to just bet on the Celtics during home games.

I believe our Celtics win in game 7 at HOME. 

Then it's on to the Finals!  We might face the Rockets or Warriors.  That series is still in doubt too.

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2018, 01:28:20 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Harden just gave it to Draymond Green...Man I want Boston to play well tomorrow. Just keep it going

we lost to lebron in the ECF the last two times we faced him in the ECF.. 2012 and 2017. it is time for payback. win game 5 and we live another day. the celtics really need to break this down possession by possession one quarter at a atime from here on out.

Lebron have yet to face a complete, healthy powerhouse Celtic squad. The last time Lebron faced a complete and healthy Celtics was back in 2010 where we sent him packing to south beach.

2011 - No Rondo, no Shaq who's a major impact with the team.
2012 - Aging Big 3 with hobbled Ray Allen and losing Bradley in the regular rotation.
2015 - A rebuilding Celtic Squad who doesn't have enough pieces to make it competitive
2017 - A hobbled IT with no consistent secondary scoring option to carry his role.
2018 - No Kyrie and no Hayward, yet we have already 2 wins and have a possibility of finally dethroning him.

yeah ray had foot problems or something in 2012. he sucked in the playoffs in 2012. i forgot about bradley.  did he miss the atlanta, philly and miami series completely in 2012? i think so now that you mentioned it. concussion related?

In looking over the box scores from 2011-12, we lost Bradley after Game 4 of the semifinal series against the Sixers, which was yuge, lol, as we'd beaten Miami with him in the starting lineup both at home and in South Beach, with AB just doing an incredible job on Wade, and that was with the Heat having Chris Bosh, so we'll never know as to how that would have played out, but I'd like to think that that ECF would definitely have been a winnable series :-\. Sigh.

We needed a much better bench, though, and who knew, then, that Boris Diaw would turn out to be the Lebron Stopper, ahahahaha? ;D Screw David West. If we had Diaw and Bradley, not to mention a few other veteran's minimum guys, we're going all the way that year, lol ;D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5auU7uvwU

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2018, 01:42:38 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Harden just gave it to Draymond Green...Man I want Boston to play well tomorrow. Just keep it going

we lost to lebron in the ECF the last two times we faced him in the ECF.. 2012 and 2017. it is time for payback. win game 5 and we live another day. the celtics really need to break this down possession by possession one quarter at a atime from here on out.

Lebron have yet to face a complete, healthy powerhouse Celtic squad. The last time Lebron faced a complete and healthy Celtics was back in 2010 where we sent him packing to south beach.

2012 - Aging Big 3 with hobbled Ray Allen and losing Bradley in the regular rotation.
2015 - A rebuilding Celtic Squad who doesn't have enough pieces to make it competitive
2017 - A hobbled IT with no consistent secondary scoring option to carry his role.
2018 - No Kyrie and no Hayward, yet we have already 2 wins and have a possibility of finally dethroning him.

yeah ray had foot problems or something in 2012. he sucked in the playoffs in 2012. i forgot about bradley.  did he miss the atlanta, philly and miami series completely in 2012? i think so now that you mentioned it. concussion related?

In looking over the box scores from 2011-12, we lost Bradley after Game 4 of the semifinal series against the Sixers, which was yuge, lol, as we'd beaten Miami with him in the starting lineup both at home and in South Beach, with AB just doing an incredible job on Wade, and that was with the Heat having Chris Bosh, so we'll never know as to how that would have played out, but I'd like to think that that ECF would definitely have been a winnable series :-\. Sigh.

We needed a much better bench, though, and who knew, then, that Boris Diaw would turn out to be the Lebron Stopper, ahahahaha? ;D Screw David West. If we had Diaw and Bradley, not to mention a few other veteran's minimum guys, we're going all the way that year, lol ;D.

There will always be an asterisk for that year though because of the lockout.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2018, 02:01:11 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
I believe only Celtics Nation has believed in this team this whole playoffs.

Believe there's a stat that Vegas has made the Celtics the underdog in just about every single playoff game.  Pretty weird stat because Vegas would be losing money if people were smart enough to just bet on the Celtics during home games.

I believe our Celtics win in game 7 at HOME. 

Then it's on to the Finals!  We might face the Rockets or Warriors.  That series is still in doubt too.

I'm so glad it's no longer a cakewalk for the Warriors. Was getting tired of watching them sweep their way to the Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2018, 02:04:49 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

There will always be an asterisk for that year though because of the lockout.

Why an asterisk for playing 16 less regular season games?

I would agree an asterisk for #8 PHI beating #1 CHI because of the injury to Rose, but Celtics were up 3-2 against those Heat without Bradley (and without Green all season). Not sure what that has to do with a strike-shortened season.

We will always have Keyon Dooling’s celebratory jump and Pierce’s dagger three and “good job, good effort.”
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:07:52 AM by GreenEnvy »
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2018, 02:51:48 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Bradley torn his shoulder during the Sixers series.

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2018, 03:40:45 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As the Legendary Paul Pierce said at the end of that HISTORIC (and improbable) win on the road vs LA in the NBA Finals in 2008 -

"That's the way to FIGHT!!! ONE MORE!!! LET'S GO!!! ONE MORE C'S!!!!!"

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2018, 07:50:12 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We really need Brothers to work the Houston game tonight...I am afraid we see him for game 6

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I would not have bet money on the Celtics in Game 5 but they did great.  The Celtics actually did not play all that much better than they did in Cleveland (36.5% Fg% for example), to me it was more about how poorly Thompson, Smith, and Hill played.  I was expecting the Cavs to be better.  Either way, I will take it.

They did change up the defense on LeBron which worked, especially when Smart was in for Rozier.  They still switched but then played a soft sag to tilt the defense toward LeBron without fully double teaming.  As the play developed, they either went to a full double or rotated back to reset the match ups.  It clearly worked as Lebron was held in relative check and the rest of the starters really didn't hurt us.  This was part good scheme, part good execution/intensity, and part not hitting shots.  I thought Smart in particular did a great job of being in position to help/double while still getting back to his man or whoever was left after a rotation. 

Can the Celtics win one on the road?

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2018, 08:40:05 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think Boston has a better chance to win on the road than Cleveland does.

They were right there in game 4...need to finish it.

Game 7 is not a sure fire win and until I see LBJ dead and his cavs dead on the side of the road...I will be nervous.

Take a page from the 2008 team. Finish the series in 6 like they did in Detroit.

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:51 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

One streak is definitely going to end. Either our 10-0 at home / 36-0 all-time when having a 2-0 series lead streak, or Lebron’s 28 straight playoff series with a road win.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2018, 09:02:16 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

One streak is definitely going to end. Either our 10-0 at home / 36-0 all-time when having a 2-0 series lead streak, or Lebron’s 28 straight playoff series with a road win.

Let's just finish it tomorrow.

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

They were right there in game 4...need to finish it.

Game 7 is not a sure fire win and until I see LBJ dead and his cavs dead on the side of the road...I will be nervous.

Take a page from the 2008 team. Finish the series in 6 like they did in Detroit.

This is easier said then done.  Game 4 the C's won 3 of 4 quarters and still lost.  If the C's can't figure out how to score in the 1st qtr on the road this will not happen.  I don't want to see LBJ in a game 7 even in Boston.  I'd rather the C's close it out on the road versus giving LBJ a shot to put on his cape and face the C's.  I have faith in our boys but I will never discount what LBJ can do.

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

Bradley torn his shoulder during the Sixers series.

could not remember when he went out. man if we had him it may have put us over the top that  series. oh well. we had a shot regardless. lebron killed us in game 6 in our place. lets see if we can return the favor in cleveland for game 6.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2018, 10:45:23 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

Let's just finish it tomorrow.

I'm with ya! Pretend we are in the garden and the fans are chanting for us. Take it to them. game 5 was a must win for us(even if not so technically but it was in reality), now the cavs have a real must win. they will give their all. we must play better and finish better and shoot better. stick with what works. adjust midstream if needed. start fast. do not let up. withstand runs.  we need to go at lebron so he has nothing left the second half. i have a gut feeling he will try to do too much in a game like this.  make him earn his points with jays. cover others. defend rim. we must attack rim all game long.
LET'S GO CELTICS!