Would you trade Tatum for KAT?

Yes
5 (10%)
No
38 (76%)
Undecided
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Let's KAT to the chase  (Read 3904 times)

Re: Let's KAT to the chase
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 07:35:13 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Its funny that so many people are so quick to trade players and picks for big like KAT or high picks to draft one. Of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs not one has a dominant, top 50 player type big. Capela is the best and he was found later in the draft and is extremely limited offensively.

I wouldn't do the trade. I love Stevens switch everything defense with a lot of big long wings and Horford. And I don't think KAT would fit well in it. Also, this team is stacked offensively next year with everyone back and healthy. We don't need KAT there.
Al Horford says hello! :P Not to mention, Kevin Love has been playing big minutes at the 5 position this season.

The way I see it, KAT would be a long term replacement for Horford. Of course, he can play alongside Horford as well.

FWIW, I think a lot more people would be willing to give up Irving rather than Tatum in a KAT deal.
Yep, me too. Having said that, I bet the Wolves would rather have Tatum.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:41:02 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 07:35:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm not too cure I'd trade Tatum for anything less than AD. This summer he should add about 20lbs(preferably the lower body). His length gives him the ability to guard other PF's.

I'd rather see the C's try to move up to get one of the bigs that may need a couple more years to completely get it, learn the right way under Big Al, come off the bench and be the defensive anchor with Smart. Then when Al's contact is done, move up with the big boys.

The thing abnout KAT is that he's complaining about being 3rd option. What do you think he's going to be here with Irving/Hayward/Brown in a league gearing towards wings dominating?

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Its funny that so many people are so quick to trade players and picks for big like KAT or high picks to draft one. Of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs not one has a dominant, top 50 player type big. Capela is the best and he was found later in the draft and is extremely limited offensively.

I wouldn't do the trade. I love Stevens switch everything defense with a lot of big long wings and Horford. And I don't think KAT would fit well in it. Also, this team is stacked offensively next year with everyone back and healthy. We don't need KAT there.
Al Horford says hello! :P Not to mention, Kevin Love has been playing big minutes at the 5 position this season.

The way I see it, KAT would be a long term replacement for Horford. Of course, he can play alongside Horford as well.

FWIW, I think a lot more people would be willing to give up Irving rather than Tatum in a KAT deal.
I look at Horford and Love as PFs who's coaches decide to play out of position because its better to play that way in today's game of wings and guard dominance. That they are playing out of position only strengthens my opinion that you don't need a dominant center.

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 07:50:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
TP for the thread title.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I look at Horford and Love as PFs who's coaches decide to play out of position because its better to play that way in today's game of wings and guard dominance. That they are playing out of position only strengthens my opinion that you don't need a dominant center.
Just because you look at Horford as a PF, doesn't mean that he actually is a PF. Guy has been playing at the 5 pretty much his entire career.

The way the game is evolving, most teams are using as many shooters as possible in order to stretch the floor. Let's face it, Horford isn't quick enough to guard undersized stretch-4s on the perimeter. Imo, it's clearer than ever that Horford is better suited playing at the 5.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:44:09 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 08:51:33 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Short answer, NO.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 10:40:54 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
No.  But TP for thread title.... :)

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Smart and Rozier are championship caliber...........reserves. Neither is anything more than a role player.

Mystified at some of you. Kyrie played Curry to a draw, has had 30 and 40 pt games in the finals, and hit the big jumper to clinch a title late in a game 7, on the road. He's the kind of player you hope to acquire, instead some of our fans are hoping to trade him.

Lunacy.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I voted No on Tatum, but I would trade Brown for him and if you've followed my posts, I was one of those leading the charge to draft Brown when others didn't want to. 

I would send Brown, the Sac pick and the Clips pick for KAT.

On caveat to this though, is Haywood and Tatum play the 3, I don't know if Tatum can play the 2 like Brown can.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I voted no, because while I think KAT is a great player, I don't see him as the kind of big the Celtics really need. I believe when Haywood and Irving (and really wish people would stop the silly trade him talk) the offense should be just fine. What they need is a big who can play defend the middle and most importantly rebound. They continue to get killed on the boards.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 08:17:32 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858

I agree that wings are important in today's NBA.  If we did not have Hayward, I would not trade Tatum for Towns.  It would create a problem (at wing) while solving a problem (adding a really good young big to start alongside Horford).  But we do have Hayward, so we have a lot of flexibility to trade a wing.

Having both Hayward and Tatum will have its own issues, probably resulting in either Tatum playing as a big or one of Hayward or Tatum coming off the bench.  I don't "want" to trade Tatum, I see the potential, but I like Towns too and he gives us much better roster balance moving forward both positionally and in terms of youth (we don't currently have any real good young bigs).

And no, I do not expect that this trade will happen.  Neither team would probably want to do it in the end.