Author Topic: Perk hasn't spoken to Danny since the trade ?  (Read 592 times)

Perk hasn't spoken to Danny since the trade ?
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:53:49 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2018/05/kendrick_perkins_has_nothing_but_respect_for_danny_ainge_celtics

"The crazy thing is that I haven't even talked to Danny since the trade," Perk said as his team prepared for Game 3 of these Eastern Conference finals. "When I'm watching on TV, he's always sitting there, but every time I've come back to Boston he's never there. We've never even seen each other since then."

Nice article with Perk praising how Danny has built our team...but the weirdest part about it, to me, is that Perk says he hasn't spoken to Danny since the trade in 2011 and Danny is never there when he plays us?  Isn't that bizarre?

Re: Perk hasn't spoken to Danny since the trade ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 11:02:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Do players for other teams who aren't FAs a team is pursuing often talk to GMs?

I don't think its weird in general, but I also don't know what their relationship was like before the trade.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Danny drafted him as an 18 yr old high schooler and he played an integral part of our 2008 championship team and our 2010 Finals team...I'd think Danny would have spoken to him at some point in the last 7 years...

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
question is -- has Perk reached out to Danny and been rebuffed or is it a matter of just not connecting when Perk is in the area? 

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 11:49:50 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Sounds like just not connecting if Perk looks over to see if Danny is there and doesn't see him. Not a great effort aside from that it seems.