5 (38.5%)
The Wolves
2 (15.4%)
The Suns
3 (23.1%)
Both teams say no
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Non C's trade idea : #1 + Jackson for KAT  (Read 3321 times)

Re: Non C's trade idea : #1 + Jackson for KAT
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Minnesota probably wouldn't do that. They didn't get Jimmy Butler to try to build a team 3 years from now.

Honestly, who has a ton of cap space and is bad, with little hope of FA?  Brooklyn?  Would they take on Wiggins for 2 second round picks? 

It looks bad for Minny but I feel like it'd help them immensely, Wiggins wasn't adding much and now he's gone, more shots for Butler and KAT and better D, and some cap space to add talent.  Maybe even hit on one of those 2nd rounders and get a good 6th man for 4 years at 1mil per.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Minnesota just committed $146 million dollars to Wiggins, they aren't salary dumping him. Too young still, too much talent for all the overall disappointment.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 11:09:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
That’s an overpay. What does kat give you that ayton doesn’t ? Nothing . So why give up on Jackson so soon for 

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 11:22:47 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Remember, this is a fan base that made the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years this year. I don't think they can sell the fan base on more waiting.

That's why I think they only way KAT is getting traded is for players who are developed and ready to win.

That's why I've suggested players like Drummond, Wall, Lillard, Leonard, and Aldridge.

I don't think Drummond would be enough to get KAT, but if you combine Drummond with some lottery picks and Terry Rozier, would that be enough? Maybe-ish.

Boston receives KAT
Detroit receives Sacramento pick, Yabusele, Teague
Minnesota receives Rozier, Drummond, Memphis pick, Clipper pick
Now this is a trade I like. Might have to throw another pick out (our #27 for example), but I think this truly benefits all teams. Drummond and Griffin didn't seem to work, so I can imagine them moving one.

A deal around KAT for Lillard would be interesting too.
that's 3 firsts, Rozier and Yabu for KAT.  too many assets given up.  you're in Kyrie territory with that offer.  Kyrie has proven himself over the years and in the playoffs.  KAT, not so much.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Remember, this is a fan base that made the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years this year. I don't think they can sell the fan base on more waiting.

That's why I think they only way KAT is getting traded is for players who are developed and ready to win.

That's why I've suggested players like Drummond, Wall, Lillard, Leonard, and Aldridge.

I don't think Drummond would be enough to get KAT, but if you combine Drummond with some lottery picks and Terry Rozier, would that be enough? Maybe-ish.

Boston receives KAT
Now this is a trade I like. Might have to throw another pick out (our #27 for example), but I think this truly benefits all teams. Drummond and Griffin didn't seem to work, so I can imagine them moving one.

that's 3 firsts, Rozier and Yabu for KAT.  too many assets given up.  you're in Kyrie territory with that offer.  Kyrie has proven himself over the years and in the playoffs.  KAT, not so much.

I disagree. Rozier is a solid player. The Sac pick is probably an early lottery pick, but the other two are late lottery picks and Yabu is a prospect.

That's good value for an all-star player who is on a rookie contract, especially at a position of need.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Boston receives KAT

I disagree. Rozier is a solid player. The Sac pick is probably an early lottery pick, but the other two are late lottery picks and Yabu is a prospect.

That's good value for an all-star player who is on a rookie contract, especially at a position of need.
Yeah, I don't see us regretting making that move. KAT would make us unstoppable to the point of ridiculousness on the offensive end, it would be like a 2K team lol, plus I reckon Brad could really help him defensively.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)