5 (38.5%)
The Wolves
2 (15.4%)
The Suns
3 (23.1%)
Both teams say no
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Non C's trade idea : #1 + Jackson for KAT  (Read 3312 times)

Non C's trade idea : #1 + Jackson for KAT
« on: May 21, 2018, 08:20:38 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
According to rumors, the Wolves might be willing to listen to offers for KAT.

Quote from: Zach Lowe
Darren Wolfson [veteran reporter in Minnesota] alluded to a lot of it on a podcast a couple weeks ago. I said on a podcast recently that I just have a gut feeling something crazy is gonna happen there this summer. It’s not in a good place right now internally.

The Suns GM is on record saying he is open to trading the #1 pick.

Quote from: Ryan McDonough
We’re certainly open to that. We’ll consider it. Obviously, we’ll have more information closer to the draft than we do today, after we go through the workout process and the interview process and we get the medical physicals. So we’re open to that.

I think if you look around the NBA, as far as the veteran players, there are probably a few players we’d consider trading the pick for, not ... just pick for player No. 1. So it’ll be a busy month for us.

Devin Booker posted this photo last Saturday.

(for what it's worth, Booker and KAT were teammates at Kentucky)

So what do you guys think of this?

#1 + Jackson for KAT. Is this a possibility?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:41:46 AM by Jvalin »

Re: Non C's trade idea : #1 + Jackson for KAT
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 08:26:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
interesting proposal.  not sure if Phx would want more back.  KAT's shown he's pretty good -- quite possibly better than Ayton could be.  Jackson didn't show a lot his rookie year -- not a bust by any means at this point -- but is it enough for Minn to make that deal.   I don't know.  Minny may prefer to move on from whomever is irritating KAT instead

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:58:01 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ultimately I see it as a possibility, but I'm still hesitant. With Butler, Minny seem to firmly be in win-now mode (granted, likely not to win anything of note). If they get the #1 pick and take Ayton, they're likely going to be waiting a year or two before he truly hits his stride - unless he weirdly comes in as a 20/10 guy like KAT.
If they take Doncic, however, I could see him coming in and contributing to wins right away. Next to Butler and Jackson (and Wiggins I guess), that's a pretty awesome core of wings, with two who can handle the ball. Jackson, in the last 29 games of the season, was averaging 18.5/6.1/2.1/1.3/0.7, which is pretty awesome. Not sure how they'd manage the minutes (maybe relegate Wiggins to the bench to try and light a fire beneath him, and have the offence run through him with the bench unit).

For PHX, assuming they aren't enamoured with the prospect of uniting Doncic and his national coach alongside Booker, Jackson and Bender, I could definitely see them making this trade. 
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
That's pretty good value for KAT, as good as any trade offer they will get truthfully.

Minnesota should try to salvage the relationship and get the extension signed, if things are bad enough that is in doubt maybe you cut the cord early. I don't think they will though.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
interesting proposal.  not sure if Phx would want more back.  KAT's shown he's pretty good -- quite possibly better than Ayton could be.  Jackson didn't show a lot his rookie year -- not a bust by any means at this point -- but is it enough for Minn to make that deal.   I don't know.  Minny may prefer to move on from whomever is irritating KAT instead
As I said just before, he got pretty awesome in the last 40% of the season to be fair. Good signs

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 09:04:10 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
If I'm Thibs, I'm not sure I want both Wiggins and Jackson as my scoring options. One is fine, but both in the same lineup?

I think PHO would be smart to get KAT however they can.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:17:13 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
FA PG/ E Payton
Booker
Jackson/T Warren
Bender/Chriss
KAT

Still not very good, but almost promising. Bender/Chriss/Jackson need to live up to their potential.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 09:29:45 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Remember, this is a fan base that made the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years this year. I don't think they can sell the fan base on more waiting.

That's why I think they only way KAT is getting traded is for players who are developed and ready to win.

That's why I've suggested players like Drummond, Wall, Lillard, Leonard, and Aldridge.

I don't think Drummond would be enough to get KAT, but if you combine Drummond with some lottery picks and Terry Rozier, would that be enough? Maybe-ish.

Boston receives KAT
Detroit receives Sacramento pick, Yabusele, Teague
Minnesota receives Rozier, Drummond, Memphis pick, Clipper pick

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Last year, would you have traded the #1 pick (Tatum and the Sac pick, essentially) and Brown for KAT? I mean, I guess a number of people have soured on KAT compared to last year when was considered at the same level as AD, but I mean current KAT with one year left on his rookie salary. I don't think PHX even considers such a deal, but they may think about #1 and Bender or Chriss.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 10:22:34 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think Minny would be better off trying to move Wiggins (if that is even possible at this point since his contract is probably a distressed asset). 

I would say no if I were PHX though.  PHX best chance at becoming relevant is to demonstrate they have something in their young core, enough so to entice an All-Star level FA while they still have cap space due to their younger players being on rookie deals.  Trading Ayton (presumably) and Jackson for KAT isn't going to give them enough time to do this before those rookie deals become max deals and their cap space disappears. 

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Remember, this is a fan base that made the playoffs for the first time in over 10 years this year. I don't think they can sell the fan base on more waiting.

That's why I think they only way KAT is getting traded is for players who are developed and ready to win.

That's why I've suggested players like Drummond, Wall, Lillard, Leonard, and Aldridge.

I don't think Drummond would be enough to get KAT, but if you combine Drummond with some lottery picks and Terry Rozier, would that be enough? Maybe-ish.

Boston receives KAT

This is actually an interesting proposal.  Just curious, in this scenario, how do the Celtics manage their cap sheet going forward though?  Pretty nasty luxury tax bills coming up real quick unless you dump someone else ........

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 10:28:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Celtics are not getting KAT for Rozier and our future draft picks.

Thibs is also not going to trade for Drummond, if you think KATs defense p---es him off imagine Drummonds!

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 10:30:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Boston receives KAT
Now this is a trade I like. Might have to throw another pick out (our #27 for example), but I think this truly benefits all teams. Drummond and Griffin didn't seem to work, so I can imagine them moving one.

A deal around KAT for Lillard would be interesting too.

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
According to rumors, the Wolves might be willing to listen to offers for KAT.

Quote from: Zach Lowe
Darren Wolfson [veteran reporter in Minnesota] alluded to a lot of it on a podcast a couple weeks ago. I said on a podcast recently that I just have a gut feeling something crazy is gonna happen there this summer. It’s not in a good place right now internally.

The Suns GM is on record saying he is open to trading the #1 pick.

Quote from: Ryan McDonough
We’re certainly open to that. We’ll consider it. Obviously, we’ll have more information closer to the draft than we do today, after we go through the workout process and the interview process and we get the medical physicals. So we’re open to that.

I think if you look around the NBA, as far as the veteran players, there are probably a few players we’d consider trading the pick for, not ... just pick for player No. 1. So it’ll be a busy month for us.

Devin Booker posted this photo last Saturday.

(for what it's worth, Booker and KAT were teammates at Kentucky)

So what do you guys think of this?

#1 + Jackson for KAT. Is this a possibility?

It's key if the Wolves are the one making the call or not.  If they're under even some pressure to make KAT deal, they don't really have any business getting the #1 pick AND Jackson.

In reality KAT is worth that, but if the Suns have the leverage and the shiny #1 pick in a super hyped draft that everyone always overvalues like lunatics, then Minny won't get fair value.

If I were the Suns, I'd go for #1 for KAT straight up, and cave to my best offer of #1 + my choice of Chriss or Bender (whoever doesn't fit with KAT, particularly on D).
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 10:47:37 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Minnesota probably wouldn't do that. They didn't get Jimmy Butler to try to build a team 3 years from now.