Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Non C's trade idea : #1 + Jackson for KAT

(1/5) > >>

Jvalin:
According to rumors, the Wolves might be willing to listen to offers for KAT.

--- Quote from: Zach Lowe ---Darren Wolfson [veteran reporter in Minnesota] alluded to a lot of it on a podcast a couple weeks ago. I said on a podcast recently that I just have a gut feeling something crazy is gonna happen there this summer. It’s not in a good place right now internally.

--- End quote ---

The Suns GM is on record saying he is open to trading the #1 pick.

--- Quote from: Ryan McDonough ---We’re certainly open to that. We’ll consider it. Obviously, we’ll have more information closer to the draft than we do today, after we go through the workout process and the interview process and we get the medical physicals. So we’re open to that.

I think if you look around the NBA, as far as the veteran players, there are probably a few players we’d consider trading the pick for, not ... just pick for player No. 1. So it’ll be a busy month for us.

--- End quote ---

Devin Booker posted this photo last Saturday.

(for what it's worth, Booker and KAT were teammates at Kentucky)

So what do you guys think of this?

#1 + Jackson for KAT. Is this a possibility?

slamtheking:
interesting proposal.  not sure if Phx would want more back.  KAT's shown he's pretty good -- quite possibly better than Ayton could be.  Jackson didn't show a lot his rookie year -- not a bust by any means at this point -- but is it enough for Minn to make that deal.   I don't know.  Minny may prefer to move on from whomever is irritating KAT instead

gouki88:
Ultimately I see it as a possibility, but I'm still hesitant. With Butler, Minny seem to firmly be in win-now mode (granted, likely not to win anything of note). If they get the #1 pick and take Ayton, they're likely going to be waiting a year or two before he truly hits his stride - unless he weirdly comes in as a 20/10 guy like KAT.
If they take Doncic, however, I could see him coming in and contributing to wins right away. Next to Butler and Jackson (and Wiggins I guess), that's a pretty awesome core of wings, with two who can handle the ball. Jackson, in the last 29 games of the season, was averaging 18.5/6.1/2.1/1.3/0.7, which is pretty awesome. Not sure how they'd manage the minutes (maybe relegate Wiggins to the bench to try and light a fire beneath him, and have the offence run through him with the bench unit).

For PHX, assuming they aren't enamoured with the prospect of uniting Doncic and his national coach alongside Booker, Jackson and Bender, I could definitely see them making this trade. 

Fafnir:
That's pretty good value for KAT, as good as any trade offer they will get truthfully.

Minnesota should try to salvage the relationship and get the extension signed, if things are bad enough that is in doubt maybe you cut the cord early. I don't think they will though.

gouki88:

--- Quote from: slamtheking on May 21, 2018, 08:26:55 AM ---interesting proposal.  not sure if Phx would want more back.  KAT's shown he's pretty good -- quite possibly better than Ayton could be.  Jackson didn't show a lot his rookie year -- not a bust by any means at this point -- but is it enough for Minn to make that deal.   I don't know.  Minny may prefer to move on from whomever is irritating KAT instead

--- End quote ---
As I said just before, he got pretty awesome in the last 40% of the season to be fair. Good signs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version