Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavs (1-2) ECF Game #4 5/21/18  (Read 69376 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Cavs (1-2) ECF Game #4 5/21/18
« Reply #675 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
C's don't deserve this game.  just too stupid.  should be forced to forfeit their paychecks for the game.  that might wake them up for game 5

This has to be one of the dumbest games we've had this year, yet we somehow only have 3 TOs. From the coaching (both rotations and defensive schemes) to the players (dumb shot selection and miscommunication defensively), there have been numerous poor decisions made tonight.

It is a really weird game.  We only have 3 turnovers, we have more offensive rebounds than the cavs, we have more made 3's, but they are shooting 61% from the field and are getting anything and everything they want when they have the ball.  Guys just need to play better on def, and stop switching when Rozier is involved. 

Maybe start Baynes in the 2nd half.  He had a really good 1st half.  Defended well, got some dunks, but him back in the starting lineup.

« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:40 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
watching Smart and Rozier this half, is there really anyone thinking the C's would have difficulty paying the contracts for these 2 in two years?  neither is showing they're any better than a MLE offer if that much

Nobody signing them should be overreacting to their bad games any more than they should be overrating to their best. Terry isn't gonna rack up triple doubles like in his first start, but he's better than he's played tonight. And Smart isn't the shooter he was game 3 vs the Cavs last year, but he's better than he's looked tonight
I'm bitter.

« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Reality is, if we can't get any stops, then it doesn't matter even if anyone on our team puts up 20+ points in the 2nd half. (Or if they hit a TON of 3s)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #678 on: May 21, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
We're shooting 37% while they're shooting 61.5%.  I take that as a good sign since that can't continue... I hope.

« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Where is the promise that theyll be better.. A rattled start once anain from everone... And why have we stopped going to Horford..

Thompson for the love of god is simply our kryptonite.
Im telling you all if they advance Draymond Green will eat him alive.

« Reply #680 on: May 21, 2018, 09:54:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Smart has had been about as bad as he can be tonight, though it doesn't really matter as nobody else has played much better either.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but not having Larkin is killing us right now. Rozier and Smart are playing poorly but we have to play at least one of them

Do we though?

I floated this after the last game, but I'd start the second half with Brown, Tatum, Morris, Horford, and Baynes.

I think Tatum, Morris, and Horford can initiate the offense enough for that lineup to work, and it gives us several mismatches to exploit offensively. Most importantly, though, it stops them from exploiting mismatches on the switches that we're apparently incapable of changing.

Have to try something at this point, because counter to Brad's apparent philosophy, keeping up with the current game plan isn't going to work, just like it didn't work the past six quarters.

« Reply #681 on: May 21, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Reality is, if we can't get any stops, then it doesn't matter even if anyone on our team puts up 20+ points in the 2nd half. (Or if they hit a TON of 3s)

bingo
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #682 on: May 21, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Smart has had been about as bad as he can be tonight, though it doesn't really matter as nobody else has played much better either.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but not having Larkin is killing us right now. Rozier and Smart are playing poorly but we have to play at least one of them
sad when we (and the broadcasters) are thinking Larkin would be a help in the playoffs.  he could probably run the offense a bit better (certainly could tonight at least) but if you think the Cavs are feasting on Rozier on defensive switches, they'd be eating Larking alive --> just like they did with IT last year

He'd get killed on D, but we're getting killed anyway (it can't get much worse, right? Right!?). We need a steady hand on O
I'm bitter.

« Reply #683 on: May 21, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So game five is gonna be big

Boston has no momentum and I highly doubt the Cavs play poorly again in Boston

« Reply #684 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:03 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Tristan Thompson is destroying us. Cbs has to counter. I might try Yabu...

Thompson making Lue look like Einstein and Stevens like Gump 😁

We have no answer for him- not sure why Baynes not out there more

Because Lue pulls Thompson every time Baynes is in and runs PnR to get Baynes on James.

Good point and true- Brad cant coach inexperience on the road- we are learning what it is like to be in a quiet fire in Cleveland

If you told me we would be going home to a 2-2 tie before series started, I would have kissed the ground- I predicted a win in 7 game series and I am not changing a thing with that prediction!

If we can somehow play a tough third and get it under 8 in 3rd, anything can happen but not expecting it- Hope for best, expect worst on the road

« Reply #685 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
C's don't deserve this game.  just too stupid.  should be forced to forfeit their paychecks for the game.  that might wake them up for game 5

This has to be one of the dumbest games we've had this year, yet we somehow only have 3 TOs. From the coaching (both rotations and defensive schemes) to the players (dumb shot selection and miscommunication defensively), there have been numerous poor decisions made tonight.

It is a really weird game.  We only have 3 turnovers, we have more offensive rebounds than the cavs, we have more made 3's, but they are shooting 61% from the field and are getting anything and everything they want when they have the ball.  Guys just need to play better on def, and stop switching when Rozier is involved. 

Maybe start Baynes in the 2nd half.  He had a really good 1st half.  Defended well, got some dunks, but him back in the starting lineup.

Morris kills our offensive flow to start with him being hellbent on shooting any and everything the minute he gets the ball. Doesn't matter if it's contested or not. It's annoying.  Those small lineups are especially hard when Al doesn't show up ready to go.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #686 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celts just need to win at home

Not worried

« Reply #687 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:37 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Game 3 was the first time in years that I stopped watching a Celtics game.  You usually never say never in NBA basketball - a comeback is always possible.  Except that game 3 was "never".

If we don't pull our heads out of our behinds game 4 will be the same.  This is some of the worst basketball we've played all season.  Give the Cavs credit, but at the same time we're just not ready to play.

« Reply #688 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:48 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

bingo

bingo x2

« Reply #689 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Larkin might be back for 6 or 7 if it gets that far