Poll

What's Worse? What's Annoyed/Saddened You The Most As Of Late?

Game 3 Blowout Loss
8 (28.6%)
The Constant Kyrie & Hayward Trade Ideas Posted Here
20 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: What's Worse: Game 3 Loss OR Irving And Hayward Trade Ideas?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Crazy as it sounds, it's the "Trade Kyrie and/or Hayward" threads that are annoying me, which is saying something considering last night's loss was brutal and horrific.

I get no one is untouchable, but good grief people make it sound like Rozier > Kyrie, or that we can just trade Hayward amidst all the the circumstances. If we traded Hayward, no FA will ever want to sign with us in the future. And we NEED someone like Kyrie to win a championship. Love Rozier and he's been great for us so far, but lets not ignore his mediocre road games (not consistent home and away, like Kyrie is).

This team + Kyrie + Hayward + Theis (all healthy) has a legit shot at winning Banner 18 next year. I really don't see how trading Kyrie + assets for Ayton or even Hayward + Brown/Tatum for KAT OR Kyrie for KAT really improves our team that much. Now if we miraculously acquired KAT while keeping Irving, Hayward, Tatum and Brown, then yes that's a huge improvement. But it won't at the price of Kyrie or Hayward in a package.

It's almost like folks here are rooting for us to trade Kyrie and/or Hayward this summer   :P

And no, Anthony Davis is NOT available, so there's that.  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: What's Worse: Game 3 Loss OR Irving And Hayward Trade Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Easily the latter. I don't get why some people aren't willing to actually let this team play healthy before blowing it up
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Easily the latter. I don't get why some people aren't willing to actually let this team play healthy before blowing it up

Yeah. Plus, Kyrie is a Top-15 player in the NBA (Top 4 PG in the league) and has legit Playoffs/Finals experience. Hayward last season was a Top-20 player in the league and his stats/play that season was also marginally better than Paul George's (considered like the 2nd best available FA this summer; 3rd best available player behind Lebron and *maybe* Kawhi).

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Crazy as it sounds, it's the "Trade Kyrie and/or Hayward" threads that are annoying me, which is saying something considering last night's loss was brutal and horrific.

I get no one is untouchable, but good grief people make it sound like Rozier > Kyrie, or that we can just trade Hayward amidst all the the circumstances. If we traded Hayward, no FA will ever want to sign with us in the future. And we NEED someone like Kyrie to win a championship. Love Rozier and he's been great for us so far, but lets not ignore his mediocre road games (not consistent home and away, like Kyrie is).

This team + Kyrie + Hayward + Theis (all healthy) has a legit shot at winning Banner 18 next year. I really don't see how trading Kyrie + assets for Ayton or even Hayward + Brown/Tatum for KAT OR Kyrie for KAT really improves our team that much. Now if we miraculously acquired KAT while keeping Irving, Hayward, Tatum and Brown, then yes that's a huge improvement. But it won't at the price of Kyrie or Hayward in a package.

It's almost like folks here are rooting for us to trade Kyrie and/or Hayward this summer   :P

And no, Anthony Davis is NOT available, so there's that.  :P

I guess people love playing GM. Thankfully for us we have Danny playing GM for us and he's pretty decent at it. I doubt he would trade Kyrie or Gordon. They will continue to build this team around those guys.

I just don't get why people want to trade Kyrie, or why they think the team is somehow worse when he plays. He has the most win shares of anyone in the team and was a key part of our 16-0 run and our getting to 55 wins in the first place. Terry's done an outstanding job, exceeded expectations during Kyrie's absence but he's got a long way to go to even get to IT's level of consistency in terms of production, let alone Kyrie's. Plus Kyrie's presence attracts a lot of defensive attention which will make everyone else get better looks.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Obviously the game 3 loss is worse, but these trade threads where we trade an elite point guard for future draft picks or for comparable assets into already crowded roles are just nonsense. Unless there is something wrong with him, Kyrie is our PG for the next 10 years.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 09:00:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The loss.  If I don’t like a trade idea I can ignore it.

And the “Rozier isn’t as good as Irving, so you can’t trade Irving” logic is pretty flawed. A downgrade at PG doesn’t mean a downgrade to the team. You can’t evaluate a trade without considering who is coming back.

Neither player is likely to be traded, but talking about it doesn’t bother me.  What I do find irritating is getting blown out by the Cavs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:04:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I get no one is untouchable, but good grief people make it sound like Rozier > Kyrie

If people are saying this, it is a very small minority. The majority of Kyrie trade ideas have centered around: Kawhi, AD, KAT, or the #1 pick.

I think it is hilarious that the poll is skewed so much in the direction of trade ideas. I personally would love to ship Kyrie out for Kawhi or AD (and keep Rozier), but apparently most people would rather lose to Lebron in yet another playoff series than even reading bloggers argue why it might be beneficial to the Cs to send Kyrie out for a better player.

And, honestly, I don't remember the last Hayward trade thread. I think even the most vociferous Hayward-haters know that we are stuck with him since: a) it would be awful to send him out after he made a very tough decision to sign with us and b) nobody knows if he'll return to form after his horrific injury.

...and I'm not even somebody who has started such threads or been very active in them. Just seems like an instigating thread from the OP who usually is much better than this.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:12:24 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 09:13:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I get no one is untouchable, but good grief people make it sound like Rozier > Kyrie

If people are saying this, it is a very small minority. The majority of Kyrie trade ideas have centered around: Kawhi, AD, KAT, or the #1 pick.

I think it is hilarious that the poll is skewed so much in the direction of trade ideas. I personally would love to ship Kyrie out for Kawhi or AD (and keep Rozier), but apparently most people would rather lose to Lebron in yet another playoff series than even reading bloggers argue why it might be beneficial to the Cs to send Kyrie out for a better player.

And, honestly, I don't remember the last Hayward trade thread. I think even the most vociferous Hayward-haters know that we are stuck with him since: a) it would be awful to send him out after he made a very tough decision to sign with us and b) nobody knows if he'll return to form after his horrific injury.

...and I'm not even somebody who has started such threads or been very active in them. Just seems like a click-bait thread from the OP who usually is much better than this.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm talking about 'recent' too. Most of the trade ideas posted here in recent days has been Kyrie for KAT, Kyrie for #1 or Kyrie for some Top-5 pick.

Haven't seen a Kyrie for Kawhi or Kyrie for AD trade idea in ages. But even Kyrie for Kawhi makes no sense given our needs, our logjam at the wings position already, and given all the question marks involving him.

KAT has potential, but right now he isn't better than Kyrie.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Trade ideas by a country mile.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 09:40:50 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Loss is worse

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 10:00:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The loss.  If I don’t like a trade idea I can ignore it.

Agreed

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 10:07:55 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

...and I'm not even somebody who has started such threads or been very active in them. Just seems like a click-bait thread from the OP who usually is much better than this.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm talking about 'recent' too. Most of the trade ideas posted here in recent days has been Kyrie for KAT, Kyrie for #1 or Kyrie for some Top-5 pick.

Haven't seen a Kyrie for Kawhi or Kyrie for AD trade idea in ages. But even Kyrie for Kawhi makes no sense given our needs, our logjam at the wings position already, and given all the question marks involving him.

KAT has potential, but right now he isn't better than Kyrie.

I think Steven A Smith was the first, if not one of the first to come up with the Kyrie for Kawhi trades. Then people started to roll with it.

I agree it's a dumb trade. People keep forgetting we are adding an other wing to the team next season. It's also the reason that I would move Rozier and the SAC pick if there was a chance at a Bamba or Carter type player. A big that can learn under Horford for two season coming off the bench that can team up with Brown and Tatum as the new young big three coming up being Irving/Hayward/Horford. Next season is full of wings, so it would be nice to strike one of the better ones this season and then try to fill Roziers spot with a guy like Donte or Allen.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
We need Hayward to guard Kevin Durant.
Kyrie is Steph Curry's daddy as 2016 finals demonstrated.

Now the Celtics just need to work on Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and they are set.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 11:05:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We need Hayward to guard Kevin Durant.
Kyrie is Steph Curry's daddy as 2016 finals demonstrated.

Now the Celtics just need to work on Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and they are set.

I really don't think that that would end well for us, lol.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
We have a potential finals team waiting in the wings for next year.

Pray for health next year, and nothing else.