Author Topic: Trade Idea - Irving to the Suns  (Read 5171 times)

Re: Trade Idea - Irving to the Suns
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 08:44:42 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
How about a 3-way (that is equally unlikely as the original proposed trade)

To PHO:     Irving ($20M)
To BOS:     Towns ($7.8M) , Chandler ($13.5M)
To Minn:    #1 Pick ($6,7M), a future pick (maybe Clippers)

Filling in around this to be sure the salaries work (throw in Nader somewhere if you want).  I don't think this is likely but I do think this is fair if the Celtics were to go in this direction (trading Irving).

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Horford
Towns

Rozier
Tatum
Morris
Chandler
Yabusele
Ojeleye

That is a pretty good team.  Maybe not as good as a team with Irving in the first year but this team is young and durable.  We would probably add some bench wings (easy enough to find).

Did I mention that this is hypothetical and I don't think the Celtics are going to trade Irving but it is more likely that they trade him for a player that can contribute immediately over a draft pick.

Why does Minnie do this deal? The ceiling with the 1 pick is probably a player about the caliber of Towns.

If the Cs did this deal, where is Theis in the lineup?

I am not sure Minny would do this deal but the rumor was that he could be available.  In terms of value, I have the #1 pick from PHO plus another pick from us going to them.  I suggested the Clippers pick but we have some others we could offer.  In the unlikely event that they are actually looking to move on from Towns, I think this is fair return.  In terms of Theis, sure, I guess he is on the bench also as he is on a two year deal.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Irving wouldn't extend with the Suns and as such they refused to put Josh Jackson in the trade. They extension issue remains and they have a better pick that they wouldn't include.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
One thing for sure is that neither Ayton or Towns would be able to go head to head vs Durant/Curry in the finals. Without proven superstars, good luck winning multiple titles.

There is zero chance I would trade Kyrie for anything not named Davis.

Brown and Tatum will get to be the players we can depend on nightly but they are not there yet.

Strange these threads are popping up during playoffs when we are in the ECF- Feels like trolls are popping up to me.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 09:16:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
As I've said in one of the other threads on here, the Suns wouldn't even include Josh Jackson in a trade with the Cavs for Irving last summer (and it isn't like the rest of that trade was a killer , it was basically Bledsoe, Bender, and Jackson for Irving and the Suns wouldn't do that).  There is no way they are trading the #1 pick for Irving with a year less on his contract and coming off of surgery to his knee. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 10:35:35 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No.   Irving is needed on this team.   His offensive experience is needed on the road when the Celtics go into those slumps.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 04:00:30 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
No.   Irving is needed on this team.   His offensive experience is needed on the road when the Celtics go into those slumps.

Yup.

Kyrie over 52 career playoff games is 47% from the field, 42% from 3pt land, and 88% from the stripe for an average of 24ppg.

And he doesn't turn 27 until March.  And next year he will be 100%, or close, physically.

Let's keep him.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 04:11:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Staahhhhhp.

Just stop.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 08:47:23 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Insulting others, even in attempt at humor is not allowed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:34:39 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

Yup.

Kyrie over 52 career playoff games is 47% from the field, 42% from 3pt land, and 88% from the stripe for an average of 24ppg.

And he doesn't turn 27 until March.  And next year he will be 100%, or close, physically.

Let's keep him.

You have no way of knowing if he will be 100%. The guy has suffered injuries in the past. KAT is certainly less injury prone than Irving.

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Smart
Brown
Hayward
Horford
Towns

Rozier
Tatum
Morris
Chandler
Yabusele
Ojeleye

You really think Smart would start ahead of Rozier after this post season.   Do you get the games where you live?

I am in the crowd that we are not trading Irving.

So your snarky comment about whether they show the games where I live is pretty condescending if you were wondering.  See I could say something like, do they teach reading where you grew up because it doesn't appear as though you read my post.  Or, do you watch the games or just read the box scores because you don't value Smart's intangibles.  Condescending is not a good look on here though (or anywhere).  Just something to think about.

Seems like you said it anyway. You guys’ exchange gave me a chuckle.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 06:31:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
I don't think anyone is trading for Irving coming off an injury in the last year of his contract but I said the same thing last year about IT, so what do I know.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
omg .....this is the greatest idea Ev errrrr

NOT  :-X

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
That's a hard No for me.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
is there any way we can trade a 1st round pick for phoenix's medical staff in order to keep kyrie healthy?

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
I like this trade, might have to add Chandler to make money work though. Celts cannot add another big man like Ad or Towns and still stay under the cap over the next few years. I dont mind trading Irving ,not only his injuries but he also is a head case.