Author Topic: Not Officially Panicking (UPDATE: Okay, Now I Kind Of Am...)  (Read 5790 times)

Re: Not Officially Panicking (Yet)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
this is how good LeBron is.  We're up 2-1, have home court advantage and the feeling is "Ok, we still have a fighting chance."

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The dynamic with this series is, the Celtics are underdogs and Cleveland is "supposed to win."

Relax and have fun while "old Cavs" stumble around trying to prop up their kingdom. 

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
No time to panic. I was under no delusion that the Celtics were going to sweep Cleveland. I do expect a competitive game tonight, where the Celtics give themselves a chance to win. The road playoff games are clearly showing that the Celtics miss Kyrie Irving.

Let's also not forget, the Celtics don't have to win a road game in this round. They just can't lose a home game.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 01:42:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is all house money at this point. Even if we didn't win another game I'd be disappointed but I don't think I'd ever panic. There's nothing to blow when we've already overachieved.

That said let's just take care of business tonight and we can all relax a bit more.  :)

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah I'll freak out once the C's lose a home game.

Overall I'm just proud of this team and what they've done. I want the Finals trip too, but this season started out so badly and this team was been amazing all the way from when they almost won that night till the end.

At this point, I care more about LeBron not making yet another Finals despite a completely dysfunctional, garbage supporting cast than I do about the Celts making it to the Finals.

I'm just sick of a C+/B- (at best) being good enough for a LeBron team to make it to the Finals year after year.  I want things like coaching, defense, quality team construction etc to matter.

With that said, even if the Celts get swept in the Finals, I have to think that making the Finals would mean a lot for the development of Tatum and Brown.

I also think that making the Finals with this team, beating LeBron on the way, would in a way put a bow on Al Horford's career and solidify him as a genuinely great player and one of the most underrated guys in the league over his career.  I want that for him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 02:02:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Living in Ohio, I really want to see the Cavs fans scatter like rats at the hands of the Celtics.

Knowing LBJ is not coming back AND that the undermanned Celtics finished them would be about as good as it gets

Getting the finals is gravy and experience for this group before they become whole again.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
But yeah, if we come out and lose Game 4 in pathetic fashion again, I'll start to really panic.

But CLE also got smoked in Boston...what if each team just sucks on the road?

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
At this moment, I'm panicking. I think Cleveland wins tonight and then they have momentum.

Given that this is CelticsBlog and the internet, though, I reserve the right to reverse my position and claim that I never panicked at any time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mike

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure what is there is to panic over. Remember the old adage: "A series doesn't begin until a road team wins." You don't have to win an away game to win a title. Heck, the 2008 Celtics won a title being 3-9 on the road.

The Celtics are playing with house money. After the Hayward injury, people in the media figured Boston dropped off to a low seed playoff team. They made it to the 2nd seed. After Kyrie went down those same people have had Boston as the underdog in 2 series they won and this one, a series they started 2-0.

The Cs could lose the next three and I will still be happy and proud of what this team did this year and look forward to being a Finals contender next year with health. Will I be disappointed? Sure but not like I would if this team was considered a title favorite or contender like I was with last year's Patriots or the 2003 Red Sox. The future is ridiculously bright.

As for tonight, I think we see the first "game" of the series. Don't know who will win but expect a hard fought, close game.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 03:14:51 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Not sure what is there is to panic over. Remember the old adage: "A series doesn't begin until a road team wins." You don't have to win an away game to win a title. Heck, the 2008 Celtics won a title being 3-9 on the road.

The Celtics are playing with house money. After the Hayward injury, people in the media figured Boston dropped off to a low seed playoff team. They made it to the 2nd seed. After Kyrie went down those same people have had Boston as the underdog in 2 series they won and this one, a series they started 2-0.

The Cs could lose the next three and I will still be happy and proud of what this team did this year and look forward to being a Finals contender next year with health. Will I be disappointed? Sure but not like I would if this team was considered a title favorite or contender like I was with last year's Patriots or the 2003 Red Sox. The future is ridiculously bright.

As for tonight, I think we see the first "game" of the series. Don't know who will win but expect a hard fought, close game.

There is absolutely nothing in here that doesn't make perfect sense to me rationally. You are  completely correct.

Panic, however, is an emotion. That and unlimited access to the internet is a dangerous combination.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:38:31 PM by mef730 »

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
At this moment, I'm panicking. I think Cleveland wins tonight and then they have momentum.

Given that this is CelticsBlog and the internet, though, I reserve the right to reverse my position and claim that I never panicked at any time.

Mike

There is absolutely nothing in here that doesn't make perfect sense to me rationally. You are  completely correct.

Panic, however, is an emotion. That and unlimited access to the internet is a dangerous combination.

Mike

Lol, TP for the laugh, man ;D.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Mike

Mike

Lol, TP for the laugh, man ;D.

I expect a loss tonight, at which point I will probably put another series bet on the Celtics, after putting some cash on them before the series started at +260.  If they win tonight I'll miss the chance to lay down another bet, but I'd be much happier with the W.

So unfortunately, I expect defeat.  But at least in defeat, there might be opportunity. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I really do hate to admit this but I really think the C's will not win another game. Not that we won't come close, its just that we do not have an established Alpha BB player that can take the game over. We have GREAT parts in Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Al, but they just don't stack up to LBJ and I, we, have to admit that fact. I will be pulling for the C's tonight, but I'm not gonna expect a W. I think Tristan Thompson, is just that one player, who the C's/Brad Stevens can't quite put a box on. Whenever he's in the game, our players seem to play different.
MY PREDICTION:
I think Game 4 will go to the Cavs, game 5 will be close at home, but LBJ will be a monster with a triple double and supporting cast showing up, Game 6 will be a close game in the first quarter, but LBJ will put us away in Q2, his cast in Q3 and it will get ugly in Q4.

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Okay, I've got the solution to panic.

Turn up your speakers as high as they will go and blast this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Mike

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 07:55:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK