Poll

Can the Celtics still win this series?

Yes, I have faith in them.
27 (79.4%)
No, I have hit the panic button!
5 (14.7%)
Where's my inhaler?  Why am I on this ledge?  Should I jump?
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: May 23, 2018, 01:31:48 AM

Author Topic: I'm not going to panic: Post-game 3 loss to Cavs  (Read 3332 times)

I'm not going to panic: Post-game 3 loss to Cavs
« on: May 20, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Celtics are still up 2-1.  The Celtics still own home court.

The Celtics will NOT be this terrible in Game 4.  The Cavs will not be this RED HOT from 3 in game 4.

In other words once the teams equalize to their normal levels, I expect the Celtics to put up a much better fight in Game 4.  Maybe we don't win it, but it's going to be a lot closer, and I expect the Celtics to make the Cavs earn it this time.

Poor offensive actions, lack of patience, lack of good sets, poor outside shots.  That is not characteristic of the Celtics team we have been seeing all post season.

Don't get too high, or too low.  Celtics were never going to sweep the Cavs.  But they still have a [dang] good chance to win this series.  We are on to Game 4.  Brad, please draw us up a new genius game plan.  Players, execute crisply, play with heads up and bold hearts, and most importantly DO YOUR JOB!

Re: I'm not going to panic: Post-game 3 loss to Cavs
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:33:02 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I had a feeling, even told my wife, get ready to be blown out. I mean I was hopeful, but you knew it was coming.

Next game will be huge. If we can get that one, it's going to be tough for the Cavs to win in Boston. Problem is we are so young, it might start getting to guys.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:40:30 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The Celtics will NOT be this terrible in Game 4.  The Cavs will not be this RED HOT from 3 in game 4.

In other words once the teams equalize to their normal levels, I expect the Celtics to put up a much better fight in Game 4.  Maybe we don't win it, but it's going to be a lot closer, and I expect the Celtics to make the Cavs earn it this time.

Poor offensive actions, lack of patience, lack of good sets, poor outside shots.  That is not characteristic of the Celtics team we have been seeing all post season.

Don't get too high, or too low.  Celtics were never going to sweep the Cavs.  But they still have a [dang] good chance to win this series.  We are on to Game 4.  Brad, please draw us up a new genius game plan.  Players, execute crisply, play with heads up and bold hearts, and most importantly DO YOUR JOB!

While I really hope that you're right about both of those points, losing a game by 30 points essentially means that Cleveland is out of the box, imo, and as a result they believe, now. Had this been an actual game I might feel slightly differently, but, man was that atrocious. Ugh.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:43:29 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I had a feeling, even told my wife, get ready to be blown out. I mean I was hopeful, but you knew it was coming.

Next game will be huge. If we can get that one, it's going to be tough for the Cavs to win in Boston. Problem is we are so young, it might start getting to guys.
Yup I knew it get like they were getting blown out before game started
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:43:50 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
We shot the 3 ball worse on better looks. Can’t win like that with two 3pt shooting teams. Guys have to make their open shots and Korver and JR won’t go 7 for 8 on contested 3s again. They also called a ton of fouls, which is not good for our physical play style.

I expect next game to be a dogfight where we come out ahead. LeBron is getting gassed midway through 2nd every game. If he can’t blow us out in 1.5 quarters, we will win.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 02:02:02 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
No panic here. They've earned more than enough credit from me by virtue of the way they played all through the postseason, and in fact the season. They've shown that they can bounce back from adversity. Game 3 is over, figure out what they did wrong and fix it, and on to Game 4 should be the mentality. It's all about mental strength and fortitude, and they need to find some of that so that they can execute the fundamentals well. Brad needs to prepare them for Game 4 better than he did Game 3. We need to start better - after seeing the first few possessions we had tonight I had a feeling it was going to be a long night.

The only thing that was disheartening about tonight was the fact that they got blown out and didn't put up any resistance. It's one thing to make Cleveland earn a win, and Cleveland certainly played much better than they have been thus far - but we had so many self inflicted wounds tonight and we didn't make Cleveland work at all.

On the plus side, it can't get any worse than this in terms of a game (39% from the floor, 27% from 3, outrebounded 45-34). They need to get some sleep and get themselves mentally ready for Monday.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 03:23:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This is LeBron James we are talking about. He is due for another 40-point performance, but in front of his own fans.

Get ready for a grueling Game 4.

Although if we do somehow end up winning Game 4, I fear of the infamous 3-1 lead. LBJ is no stranger to that, and with his experience he could still will the Cavs to 3 straight wins.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 03:54:25 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I mean there is literally nothing to worry about, you know they will play better at home and is due to have a on-fire night as well as us sucking, so it's predictable.
It's actually a good news for it to be a blow out because now they will relax and go cold while we will go hot.
Just get next game done, and even if you fail again you still have 2 home game and one away opportunity.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 04:32:38 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Why hasn’t there been a jinx thread to spur the Cs to victory.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 05:21:28 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This is LeBron James we are talking about. He is due for another 40-point performance, but in front of his own fans.

Get ready for a grueling Game 4.

Although if we do somehow end up winning Game 4, I fear of the infamous 3-1 lead. LBJ is no stranger to that, and with his experience he could still will the Cavs to 3 straight wins.
True at the end of the day we’re playing with house money. If we had one of Kyrie or Gordon we prob win this series comfortably
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 05:34:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I fully expected this to happen for them to win a game in CLE.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 08:11:44 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston has now been written off in their series by the national media

Most of the media has now forgotten just how bad the Cavs were in games 1 and 2

I expect a lot of Cavs in six type of hot takes

Problem is the three days rest saved the Cavs. They were dead. Now they have life and confidence.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I truly did not expect them to beat us with 30 pts.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

While I really hope that you're right about both of those points, losing a game by 30 points essentially means that Cleveland is out of the box, imo, and as a result they believe, now. Had this been an actual game I might feel slightly differently, but, man was that atrocious. Ugh.

But we won the first game by 25, up buy 28 at one point. Last year we got blown out by 44 on our own home court, and we went into their house and won. The Cavs could also get over confident, and lose some focus which mean we can sneak in a win.

Our issue was we were sluggish on D and we kept double teaming Lebron. Thats not how you beat them. LEt Lebron get go off in the fist, he gets tired out quickly. Play off, let him take jumpers, not drive and kick. Cavs got too many open looks, and dunks and that wasn't anything they were doing better, we just were sucking it up last night. If we bring the aggression of game one, it could knock them back. They need to play tomorrows game like it's game 7. If they lose, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs win the two after.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs last year blew Boston out in the first two games and lost game 3

Now Boston is following that script