Would you make the trade for The Sun's #1 pick

Yes
7 (13.2%)
No
37 (69.8%)
Nader should start
9 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Poll: Irving for the #1 Pick  (Read 2480 times)

Poll: Irving for the #1 Pick
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:43:54 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Not that far fetched considering the Sun's have pursued Irving. If Danny is weary of Irving's knee than maybe he's interested

Celtics take Ayton or Bagley IMO. I would be really comfortable with Bagley. He would be great in Boston with his motor and toughness.

Ayton is the ultimate swing for the fences pick. He's like what if Greg Oden was athletic and actually had potential. Ayton is a scary monster. His tools are Other worldly. He's the LeBron of Centers physically.

Re: Poll: Irving for the #1 Pick
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:49:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No for multiple reasons

1. Kyrie would likely shoot this down by saying he won’t resign
2.Terry isn’t a starting PG on a championship team, which Kyrie has proven to be
3. Ayton has a very questionable motor. Not sure if we want a guy like that

Plus, we have a good shot to win it all next year with this roster, with one of the most clutch players in the league running the point
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:03:13 AM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 12:56:37 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
    No for multiple reasons

1. Kyrie would likely shoot this down by saying he won’t resign[/li][/list]
    2.Terry isn’t a starting PG on a championship team, which Kyrie has proven to be[/li][/list]
    3. Ayton has a very questionable motor. Not sure if we want a guy like that[/li][/list]

Plus, we have a good shot to win it all next year with this roster, with one of the most clutch players in the league running the point

Point one is the conversation ender. Kyrie would have to be on board with going to the Suns or someone like Kawhi would have to be fine with going to the Suns in a 3 team deal. I don't think anyone wants to go to the Suns at this point.

I would also take Doncic if The Celtics got that top pick and not Ayton.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:08:35 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
    • Tommy Points: 527
    No

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
    • Robert Parish
    • Tommy Points: 2182
    Stahhp
    You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
    - Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 01:35:25 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
    • Don Nelson
    • Tommy Points: 896
    • Mr. Emoji

Not that far fetched considering the Sun's have pursued Irving. If Danny is weary of Irving's knee than maybe he's interested

Celtics take Ayton or Bagley IMO. I would be really comfortable with Bagley. He would be great in Boston with his motor and toughness.

Ayton is the ultimate swing for the fences pick. He's like what if Greg Oden was athletic and actually had potential. Ayton is a scary monster. His tools are Other worldly. He's the LeBron of Centers physically.

Huh? Oden was a monster before he was rather cruelly snake bitten by just awful injuries, not to mention the fact that he had a great motor and was an excellent defensive player, among other things, so physical attributes notwithstanding I'm just not sure that he's a great comparison for Ayton. Were that the case, however, hell yes I'd trade Kyrie for the first overall pick, lol.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 02:03:16 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
    • Tommy Points: 133
    Why not just trade Nader for the first pick  ;D

In all seriousness, it’s hilarious to think that even if that happened it wouldn’t even be Ainge’s biggest heist. Let that sink in for a second. We’re going to be reaping the benefits of Billy King’s stupidity for the next 10+ years if all goes well.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
    • Red Auerbach
    • Tommy Points: 3141
    • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Huh? Oden was a monster before he was rather cruelly snake bitten by just awful injuries, not to mention the fact that he had a great motor and was an excellent defensive player, among other things, so physical attributes notwithstanding I'm just not sure that he's a great comparison for Ayton. Were that the case, however, hell yes I'd trade Kyrie for the first overall pick, lol.
    Yeah, Oden averaged nearly 3.5 blocks per game while playing under 30 minutes. If Ayton was like that on the defensive end I would be okay with this move, as we'd effectively be unstoppable on both ends. However, Ayton isn't
    '23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
    SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
    SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
    PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
    C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 02:15:02 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
    • Tommy Points: 1372
    If we are set on trading Kyrie, we'd have to get more than just the #1 pick for Kyrie this to be even remotely viable for us IMO. Kyrie is a proven quantity and a draft pick is potential.
    Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 03:42:41 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
    • Tommy Points: 88
    If we are set on trading Kyrie, we'd have to get more than just the #1 pick for Kyrie this to be even remotely viable for us IMO. Kyrie is a proven quantity and a draft pick is potential.
    This, 1st + Jackson + Booker and i will begin to consider , may still say NO

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
    • Tommy Points: 549
    Suns would never do it.  Irving only has a year left on his contract and wouldn't commit to re-signing with the Suns.  You don't give up a good pick let alone the #1 pick for a 1 year rental. 

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
    • Tommy Points: 737

So what's the trade you are proposing here?

The Suns don't have enough cap space to absorb Kyrie's contract unless they waive Elfrid and stash their #16 pick. Why would they do that, considering they 'd already be trading away the #1 pick?

For instance, it's only logical to assume that the Suns would want to offload Brandon Knight. Problem is, Knight is on a horrible contract till 2020.

Anyway, imo the Suns would never do the trade. Kyrie is gonna opt out next summer. Chances are he won't re-sign with them. Basically, it seems like they would be trading the #1 pick for a 1-year rental of Kyrie. Not to mention, the fit wouldn't be great either. Kyrie-Booker would be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the league (if not the worst).

So yeah, I voted that Nader should start (whatever that means). :P
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:31:50 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
    • Tommy Points: 1553
    STOP THE SILLINESS PLEASE PEOPLE
    LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
    • Don Nelson
    • Tommy Points: 896
    • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, Oden averaged nearly 3.5 blocks per game while playing under 30 minutes. If Ayton was like that on the defensive end I would be okay with this move, as we'd effectively be unstoppable on both ends. However, Ayton isn't

Upon thinking this over (okay, somewhat ;D), isn't Ayton more comparable to Andre Drummond, defensively? You know, great physical tools and all but a sub-par shotblocker, etc.? I realize that Ayton is a far better offensive player (I think), but yeah.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
    • Tommy Points: 46
    No for multiple reasons

1. Kyrie would likely shoot this down by saying he won’t resign
    2.Terry isn’t a starting PG on a championship team, which Kyrie has proven to be
    3. Ayton has a very questionable motor. Not sure if we want a guy like that

So if we win this year.   Your opinion on #2 was wrong.   Terry would be a starting PG on a championship team. 
    Diggles