Author Topic: Kyrie Irving isn't being traded anytime soon  (Read 3181 times)

Kyrie Irving isn't being traded anytime soon
« on: May 19, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I know its all the rage on the site right now to discuss trades for Kyrie but, sorry to break it to you people, Danny isn't going to trade Kyrie Irving anytime soon. He's not going to be traded for a top pick 1 through 4. He's not going to be traded for Kawhi Leonard. He's not going to be traded for Karl Anthony Towns. He just isn't.

Danny wanted a top 15 superstar and got him in Kyrie. Kyrie has elite skills you just can't replace and need in the playoffs. He is proven. He is young and just entering his prime. This is Kyrie's team for now and Danny has already mentioned how great its going to be to add Kyrie and Hayward to this team next year.

Neither Smart nor Rozier can replace what Kyrie brings to this team. Expect Kyrie to sign a 4 year max after next year, especially if they win a title. Kyrie will be a Celtic until he is in his 30's. Sorry people who don't like Kyrie but that is the way its going to be.

Re: Kyrie Irving isn't being traded anytime soon
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hallelujah! Sign it from the mountaintops, Nick!

TP

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Everything is hearing is way premature anyway.  I mean, let’s say we beat the Cavs and play the warriors in the finals.  We’ll be huge underdogs, and rightfully so.  Can we win?  Sure. But the talent gap without kyrie and Hayward is big.  With those two it would be a different story.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 04:28:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm pretty nervous about his health

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm pretty nervous about his health

I'm not. The doctors have already said the knee is structurally sound and the bone fully healed.

Unless you think the bacterial infection is going to be a persistent issue, which there really isn't much reason to think it will be since it was caught in the very early stages, there's nothing to really be worried about.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Agreed

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 06:56:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Rozier isn't even at IT's level of success and people want to deal Irving. Just crazy.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Rozier isn't even at IT's level of success and people want to deal Irving. Just crazy.
This x 10
Love what rozier has brought us.  Irving is the difference between being a good team and great (as is gordon)

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 08:09:51 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Actually with a little second thought.  Rozier is possibly a top trade prospect in nba.  He's playing at a high level.  C's need to think about resigning him or trading him.  Teams will be looking at making high offers in FA that C's would need to match.  He could step in to many nba teams and be there starter.  So much of the current makeup of nba and trades is what stage guys are on their contracts.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Well it's so obvious and very true, Danny isn't stupid

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 08:34:34 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
"We often talk about transcendent players and stars, but I think the hardest skill to find in our league is guys that can score in the fourth quarter, the last six minutes of the game type of scorers. Usually the offensive patterns don't score baskets at that time, usually it's the individuals and the talent and I think that's always a priority, regardless of need by position. But those kinds of players are hard to find and I think that Isaiah is our best at that right now, so it'd be nice to have one or two more of those before the season starts next year, and ideally at other positions."

https://www.celticsblog.com/2015/4/30/8525253/danny-ainge-says-the-boston-celtics-want-players-with-a-knack-for-scoring-late-in-games

We have that player in Kyrie Irving.  The Kyrie Irving who significantly outplayed NBA darling Steph Curry in the 2015-2016 NBA Finals even though he was primarily guarded by an excellent defender in Klay Thompson.   The Kyrie Irving who made the biggest shot in NBA Finals history.  We had the King of the Fourth in IT, but even he wasn't playoff-proven like Kyrie is.  Not even close.

So yeah I agree, we're not trading Irving any time soon.  Especially since we're soon to have more than one 4th quarter scoring assassin in Tatum.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Could’ve used Kyrie in game 3
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Could’ve used Kyrie in game 3
as well as Hayward, theis, and larkin

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 11:27:03 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
I know its all the rage on the site right now to discuss trades for Kyrie but, sorry to break it to you people, Danny isn't going to trade Kyrie Irving anytime soon. He's not going to be traded for a top pick 1 through 4. He's not going to be traded for Kawhi Leonard. He's not going to be traded for Karl Anthony Towns. He just isn't.

Danny wanted a top 15 superstar and got him in Kyrie. Kyrie has elite skills you just can't replace and need in the playoffs. He is proven. He is young and just entering his prime. This is Kyrie's team for now and Danny has already mentioned how great its going to be to add Kyrie and Hayward to this team next year.

Neither Smart nor Rozier can replace what Kyrie brings to this team. Expect Kyrie to sign a 4 year max after next year, especially if they win a title. Kyrie will be a Celtic until he is in his 30's. Sorry people who don't like Kyrie but that is the way its going to be.

THANK U SIR!

END THREAD!
LET'S GO CELTICS!