Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Cavaliers (0-2) ECF Game #3 5/19/18  (Read 51713 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Cavaliers (0-2) ECF Game #3 5/19/18
« Reply #1005 on: May 20, 2018, 12:21:41 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
We really missed Kyrie and Hayward tonight.  :-X

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1006 on: May 20, 2018, 01:24:10 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Cavs were red hot.  And Celtics come out listless.  The offensive actions and ball movement was poor all night.  Rozier and other Celtics settled for early outside shots instead of moving the ball.

I expect to see a much better effort from the C's in game 4.  I'm ok with it if this turns out like the Bucks series and we need the full 7 to win.  But I'm really hoping we snatch momentum back in Game 4 or at least put out a much better all around team play.

« Reply #1007 on: May 20, 2018, 05:04:17 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Many different things to point to, but I think the bottom line is we had won 7 out of 8 playoff games going back to MIL Game 7, and got complacent. It happens.

« Reply #1008 on: May 20, 2018, 07:08:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Take this tape and throw it in the garbage. Other than giving us some motivation to be better on Monday, no need to watch that again it was so poor.

For game 4:
1) For the love of God stop switching everything and gift-wrapping them mismatches to exploit.

2) Put Morris back on Lebron whenever he's in the game. We all saw what happened when Brown was put into early foul trouble tonight. Having him be the primary defender on Lebron is no bueno, because we need him offensively and can't afford him getting into early foul trouble again.

3) Have several plays in mind to start the game to get good looks going to the basket and/or getting an open three. We started the game with two to three mid-range jumpers that didn't fall, and that set the tempo for our offense going forward.
But that's how we won games 1 and 2. Granted, it seems the Cavs were setting up their picks much further from the hoop, but still.

Either way, I saw so many open dunks for Larry Nance yesterday that it was cler that something wasn't working.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1009 on: May 20, 2018, 07:21:42 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
We really missed Kyrie and Hayward tonight.  :-X

Lol. Who cares? We gotta win with the team we have....last night we would've lost either way

« Reply #1010 on: May 20, 2018, 08:08:57 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Cavs were red hot.  And Celtics come out listless.  The offensive actions and ball movement was poor all night.  Rozier and other Celtics settled for early outside shots instead of moving the ball.

I expect to see a much better effort from the C's in game 4.  I'm ok with it if this turns out like the Bucks series and we need the full 7 to win.  But I'm really hoping we snatch momentum back in Game 4 or at least put out a much better all around team play.

I'm with you on the lack of ball movement.  The Celtics played with no sense of purpose on the offensive end.  It's the same theme in nearly every single road playoff game.  We can talk effort all we want but this pattern makes me believe it's a confidence issue with these guys on the road.  Opposing teams come out with more effort on their home court and the Celtics tend to freeze up when they face resistance. 

It's clear that our struggles on offense bleed over to the defensive end of the floor.  Going into game 4 I am confident that the Celtics will fix communication issues on defense as long as the offense can be respectable early in the game.

« Reply #1011 on: May 20, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Change in narrative is now Cleveland is a better team
Boston is not very good
Cavs win series
Cavs will give Warriors trouble

Love how the media overreacts at every win or loss

« Reply #1012 on: May 20, 2018, 08:40:08 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Change in narrative is now Cleveland is a better team
Boston is not very good
Cavs win series
Cavs will give Warriors trouble

Love how the media overreacts at every win or loss

Agreed...that's what makes the media nearly impossible to listen to in the playoffs...theyre literally imbeciles who overreact to everything and constantly ask the players/coaches the most annoying questions

« Reply #1013 on: May 20, 2018, 08:41:44 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
For losing by 30 I should feel a lot worse...still think the cavs pretty much suck..more discoursged by our performance

« Reply #1014 on: May 20, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Take this tape and throw it in the garbage. Other than giving us some motivation to be better on Monday, no need to watch that again it was so poor.

For game 4:
1) For the love of God stop switching everything and gift-wrapping them mismatches to exploit.

2) Put Morris back on Lebron whenever he's in the game. We all saw what happened when Brown was put into early foul trouble tonight. Having him be the primary defender on Lebron is no bueno, because we need him offensively and can't afford him getting into early foul trouble again.

3) Have several plays in mind to start the game to get good looks going to the basket and/or getting an open three. We started the game with two to three mid-range jumpers that didn't fall, and that set the tempo for our offense going forward.
But that's how we won games 1 and 2. Granted, it seems the Cavs were setting up their picks much further from the hoop, but still.

Either way, I saw so many open dunks for Larry Nance yesterday that it was cler that something wasn't working.
I saw that there was a lack of commitment on switches. Guys weren't keying in fully once switched they were lazy, a step slow.

« Reply #1015 on: May 20, 2018, 09:09:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
no matter how hard they play , even defebse wise,  they still have to make some shots .

Not going to give yourself a chance if your not making buckets .

The celtics just looked awful coming out of the box .

« Reply #1016 on: May 20, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CLE's back was to the wall, the next game will be ripe to steal as they might take their foot off the gas.   The same is true of game five for them.

« Reply #1017 on: May 20, 2018, 10:22:24 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

we cannot rely on home court to carry us.  we need to end this in 6 or less. just like in hockey anything can happen in a game 7 once you get there. we do not want the cavs getting there. finish this crap in 5 or 6. home court/home ice is not as big in a game 7 when all is on the line and both teams can win it and move on.  win game 4 and close out in game 5 at home.  the longer this goes on i think it favors cavs. if we cannot win game 4 i do not see us winning game 6 there either. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1018 on: May 20, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
no matter how hard they play , even defebse wise,  they still have to make some shots .

Not going to give yourself a chance if your not making buckets .

The celtics just looked awful coming out of the box .

if we cannot win in that garbage arena shame on brad and the team. that place is a morgue. it ain't the old spectrum or forum or detroit. no reason to not play smart like we have at home. NO EXCUSES BRAD! 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1019 on: May 20, 2018, 11:43:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
You could tell a blowout was coming when Yabusele played legitimate first quarter minutes.

They started awful and Brad got desperate it seemed. Need to start better Game 4.

Also is it just me, or have we started poorly in like all our road playoff games (whether it's offense cold and/or defense horrible)?? Only one we didn't was Game 3 @Philadelphia, and whoa we won that game!  :o  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller