Author Topic: Grizzlies open to trading #4 pick. Also, Suns open to trading #1 pick  (Read 8833 times)

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I assume by Memphis shopping the pick it means they are going hard after impact talent like kawhi Leonard to pair with Conley and Gasol.

I imagine the suns are just doing their due diligence.

I could see Rozier and the Kings 1st getting the 8th pick though.

Have you watched any of these draft picks? #8 isn't getting you a lot this year. I'm not sure the 8th best player in this draft would get minutes on the Celtics next year.

Also, have you seen SAC play basketball this year? They're brutal. I think the SAC pick has a better chance of being more valuable than the 8th pick this year.

I am all set with Trae Young or another player with clear flaws. Top 3 pick? Sure, make that trade.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
It is what have you done for me lately, and KAT has not done crap on the defensive side of the ball!!  I will gladly say the same about Ayton IF he puts up three straight years of abysmal NBA defense in his first three years!!

Smitty77

A basketball does not have sides!! ;D

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It is what have you done for me lately, and KAT has not done crap on the defensive side of the ball!!  I will gladly say the same about Ayton IF he puts up three straight years of abysmal NBA defense in his first three years!!

Smitty77

Yes it does, inside and outside. 😋😂

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I agree with those saying KAT Is garbage on d

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Smitty77

Yes it does, inside and outside. 😋😂

Lol. Oh you ;D.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Is there any way we can realistically get the 4th pick from the Grizzlies and hopefully an extra asset or two by trading Kyrie without taking on Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. contracts?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Is there any way we can realistically get the 4th pick from the Grizzlies and hopefully an extra asset or two by trading Kyrie without taking on **** contracts?

Yes. You would need a third team though.

Something like Mem pick and Jamychal to Boston, Kyrie to Milwaukee, and some combination of iIlwaukee's assets (Parker, Maker, Bledsoe, Dellevadova) to Memphis might work.

Memphis would be advised to go all in for the next two/three years with Gasol and Conley -- they just need to add wings and depth.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Is there any way we can realistically get the 4th pick from the Grizzlies and hopefully an extra asset or two by trading Kyrie without taking on **** contracts?

Yes. You would need a third team though.

Something like Mem pick and Jamychal to Boston, Kyrie to Milwaukee, and some combination of iIlwaukee's assets (Parker, Maker, Bledsoe, Dellevadova) to Memphis might work.

Memphis would be advised to go all in for the next two/three years with Gasol and Conley -- they just need to add wings and depth.
Do we really want to pair Kyrie with Giannis, under Coach Bud? After taking us to 7 games I feel like that team would kill us
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
CB forums obsession with draft picks and trading to get high draft picks continues.

We have a championship level roster right now why would we rock that boat for MOAH rookies!

Be quiet Chilly we need to move Rozier and Irving because having 2 talented guards on the same roster will NEVAH win you a ring!! MOAH ROOKIES!!!

ok fine

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
If we get #4 we could trade up with the Suns using some of our future draft capital

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
CB forums obsession with draft picks and trading to get high draft picks continues.

We have a championship level roster right now why would we rock that boat for MOAH rookies!

Be quiet Chilly we need to move Rozier and Irving because having 2 talented guards on the same roster will NEVAH win you a ring!! MOAH ROOKIES!!!

Yeah, people always wanna trade up for top picks.  But this year even I want to do this.  I mean, we can't take on all the draft picks we have, we have 4 guards that need more minutes than we can play them, and we need a young big of which there are tons in this draft.

People are talking about Bamba the most, but I actually question his fit with his lack of passing and needing to develop a 3.  Jaren Jackson Jr looks like a better version of Bamba and he should be at 4, and Wendell Carter who could be there at 7 looks like a truly amazing fit for us. 

This year, with the amount of picks and guards we have, I don't think these fantasies are as nuts as usual.  I mean, c'mon, I've got them... they can't be nuts!
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Yeah, people always wanna trade up for top picks.  But this year even I want to do this.  I mean, we can't take on all the draft picks we have, we have 4 guards that need more minutes than we can play them, and we need a young big of which there are tons in this draft.

People are talking about Bamba the most, but I actually question his fit with his lack of passing and needing to develop a 3.  Jaren Jackson Jr looks like a better version of Bamba and he should be at 4, and Wendell Carter who could be there at 7 looks like a truly amazing fit for us. 

This year, with the amount of picks and guards we have, I don't think these fantasies are as nuts as usual.  I mean, c'mon, I've got them... they can't be nuts!

I should clarify also- I'm not firmly in the trade Rozier camp, but Danny is an asset manager.  It would be in his character to flip Rozier (and consolidate a draft asset or two) to get a highly valuable asset more likely than a player, due to our cap situation and the fact that a player of that value would clearly put us in the tax. 

But if he matched outgoing salary to acquire the #4 or #6 pick and drafted that player, he'd have him for 4-8 years and on the same timeline as Jaylen, Jayson, and Kyrie. A big 4 of the future to match our current big whatever of KI, JB, GH, JT and Al.

The core thing here is, I don't think we could replace Rozier when he plays 30-40 minutes a night.  He's an above average starting PG and the best player in a backup guard role.

The key to me is, if he only plays backup minutes and shares them with Smart, the fact is, his production or at least 75% of it should be replaceable on a vet min contract given our current stature in the NBA.  So if he starts, he's immensely valuable.  If Kyrie never gets hurt and Rozier never starts or plays 30 minutes, he doesn't add nearly as much value.

Now imagine Horford getting hurt.  How would Tatum, Baynes and Theis hold down the fort vs. Brown, Smart and Rozier?  To me, we need depth at PF/C with an athletic 2-way player as much as we need Rozier's depth at guard, and I think you can find 2-3 of those PF/C at #4 or #6.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I read something about Doncic dropping into the 4 spot. I find this very unrealistic but stranger things have happened. If Doncic drops to 4 Danny should throw a godfather offer at the Grizz. Change Rozzier and picks ( as many as 4) into Doncic.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I should clarify also- I'm not firmly in the trade Rozier camp, but Danny is an asset manager.  It would be in his character to flip Rozier (and consolidate a draft asset or two) to get a highly valuable asset more likely than a player, due to our cap situation and the fact that a player of that value would clearly put us in the tax. 

But if he matched outgoing salary to acquire the #4 or #6 pick and drafted that player, he'd have him for 4-8 years and on the same timeline as Jaylen, Jayson, and Kyrie. A big 4 of the future to match our current big whatever of KI, JB, GH, JT and Al.

The core thing here is, I don't think we could replace Rozier when he plays 30-40 minutes a night.  He's an above average starting PG and the best player in a backup guard role.

The key to me is, if he only plays backup minutes and shares them with Smart, the fact is, his production or at least 75% of it should be replaceable on a vet min contract given our current stature in the NBA.  So if he starts, he's immensely valuable.  If Kyrie never gets hurt and Rozier never starts or plays 30 minutes, he doesn't add nearly as much value.

Now imagine Horford getting hurt.  How would Tatum, Baynes and Theis hold down the fort vs. Brown, Smart and Rozier?  To me, we need depth at PF/C with an athletic 2-way player as much as we need Rozier's depth at guard, and I think you can find 2-3 of those PF/C at #4 or #6.
Don't we have Rozier under control for the next 5 years? What makes you think after three years, when we are looking at having to pay this rookie that the everyone isn't going to be saying we need to trade this developing rookie because his rookie contract is up in a year and we need to trade him while his value is high? Seems I have heard this idea every year since Sullinger.

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I'd trade Rozier and Sac pick for #4. I'd throw in this years 1st also.

First, I expect Rozier to be gone in a year and second, I'm not sold on him. He's still very inconsistent. Plays well at home and sucks on the road. Nice guard off the bench, but I personally don't see him as being more than a slightly above starter.

Second, The Kings weren't that bad this year. I believe they had the 6st worse record. Given they have the #2 pick this year, I could see them having a pick somewhere in the 6-10 range. I'd rather have #4 this years.

Third, I don't really care about the 27th pick. Might get someone you can develop, but just as soon see them give Bird a shot if they have space on the roster.

I think I'd even throw in another pick down the road. This team is still lacking depth at the big, and if next year is the year, they are going to need some.