Author Topic: Grizzlies open to trading #4 pick. Also, Suns open to trading #1 pick  (Read 8834 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This is just me but I think when they say they are "open to trading" the real meaning there is "We are open to people overbidding by a lot"
yeah that's true

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I assume by Memphis shopping the pick it means they are going hard after impact talent like kawhi Leonard to pair with Conley and Gasol.

I imagine the suns are just doing their due diligence.

I could see Rozier and the Kings 1st getting the 8th pick though.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I assume by Memphis shopping the pick it means they are going hard after impact talent like kawhi Leonard to pair with Conley and Gasol.

The Cavs trading with the Celtics again after getting destroyed on their last trade? Don't see that happening. Cleveland thought the Brooklyn pick would be top 3 and are hating the fact it came out 8th in basically a 6-7 star player draft. You think they are going to trade that pick back to Boston when there's a chance they could get screwed again by having the Sacramento pick ending up in the 20s?

Yeah, its just not happening.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Wendell Carter at #4?  That's quite a reach.  Carter is more an 8-12 range pick.  He's a solid big man who will help, but he doesn't look like he will turn into a dominant big man.  If you pick at #4, I'd rather select a guy like Bomba who might turn into a lockdown, Mutumbo type defensive talent.

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I say we draft Bagley III, find out he's basically Tatum but taller, and just get real weird with it.

Irving/ Hayward/ Brown/ Horford/ Baynes
Rozier/ Smart/ Tatum/ Bagley/ Morris/ Theis

Sweet Baby Jesus

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Suns open to trading the #1 pick

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23540668/phoenix-suns-general-manager-ryan-mcdonough-certainly-open-dealing-no-1-pick

Kyrie for #1 ?

If Ayton is really that good, and Phoenix would actually trade the first pick and Tyson Chandler, for salary purposes in the case of the latter, obviously, not to mention unfortunately, seeing as to how much I despise dat dude, lol, for Kyrie, then I'd pull the trigger on that deal without hesitation.

from what i understood, is that KI made it known to Suns that he wouldn't sign an extension with them..if so they obviously wouldn't do it

Doh! ;D

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Suns asking price would be two of Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and SAC '19 pick along with a package of other role players.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
suns update-
Devin Booker Tweets Photo Of Karl-Anthony Towns In Suns Jersey

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/997648229511577600

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
suns update-

Lol, that would be beyond hilarious if Minnesota were to trade Towns and take Ayton, as that team's defense would be even worse ;D.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I'd love to see the Grizzlies trade for Kawhi Leonard. Leonard, Gasol and Conley would reward Gasol for hanging around and still give them a young star in Leonard going forward. Also, it would keep Leonard away from other teams.

Spurs would then have to move Alrdidge I would assume.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
suns update-

Lol, that would be beyond hilarious if Minnesota were to trade Towns and take Ayton, as that team's defense would be even worse ;D.

Please explain HOW the Wolves' defense would be worse with Ayton minus Towns.  You do realize that Towns plays virtually NO defense, right??  His defensive RPM for the year among centers ranked him 65th in defensive RPM out of 83 centers listed!!!

You do know that, correct?  Have you seen Ayton's defense?

Smitty77

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
suns update-

Please explain HOW the Wolves' defense would be worse with Ayton minus Towns.  You do realize that Towns plays virtually NO defense, right??  His defensive RPM for the year among centers ranked him 65th in defensive RPM out of 83 centers listed!!!

Smitty77
KAT was a better defender when he was at Kentucky than Ayton is now. You do know that, correct?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
suns update-

Smitty77
KAT was a better defender when he was at Kentucky than Ayton is now. You do know that, correct?
KAT wasn't a particularly good defender at Kentucky.  He benefitted from playing with WCS. 

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
suns update-

Smitty77
KAT wasn't a particularly good defender at Kentucky.  He benefitted from playing with WCS.
I’m not saying that he was. Ayton was just really quite mediocre
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
suns update-

Smitty77

NO, I did NOT know that KAT was such a good defender in KY!!  I missed that because it simply is NOT in any way, share, or form, true!!!!  Ayton is a little lazy on D, but he is young.  Towns is young too, but has played in the NBA for three full years.  In year one, he ranked 51 out of 60 centers in defensive RPM.  In year two, KAT ranked 70th out of 81 centers.  This year, he was 65th out of 83.  I do NOT see that as improvement, but as a PATTERN of POOR D!!!!

It is what have you done for me lately, and KAT has not done crap on the defensive side of the ball!!  I will gladly say the same about Ayton IF he puts up three straight years of abysmal NBA defense in his first three years!!

Smitty77