Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks

(1/31) > >>

Phantom255x:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776785-karl-anthony-towns-timberwolves-reportedly-not-in-a-good-place-internally?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Karl-Anthony Towns, Timberwolves Reportedly 'Not in a Good Place Internally'

--- Quote ---Karl-Anthony Towns' relationship with the Minnesota Timberwolves has reportedly grown icy.

Appearing on Friday's episode of The Lowe Post, ESPN.com's Zach Lowe said Towns and the Timberwolves are "not in a good place internally."

ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst, who joined Lowe for a lengthy conversation, later posited it would not be unheard of if Towns' name eventually surfaced in trade discussions.

"I don't think Anthony Davis is going anywhere any time soon," Windhorst said. "But Karl Towns...now that might be a different story."

Still, it's important to note there are no indications to this point that Towns could be on the move in the near future. Rather, this is informed speculation from a pair of league insiders who are looped in on fault lines that have surfaced within the organization. 

While the Timberwolves finished last season 47-35 and booked the franchise's first playoff spot since 2004, it wasn't all pretty.

Not only did Towns reportedly grow disgruntled, but 1500 ESPN's Darren Wolfson said in March that Andrew Wiggins "whispered to teammates" that he was unhappy because he had become the Timberwolves' third option behind Towns and Jimmy Butler.

That said, Wiggins' usage rate (23.4) clocked in ahead of Towns' (22.9) and just behind Butler's (24.9) as he averaged 17.7 points per game on 43.8 percent shooting from the field, including 33.1 percent on three-pointers.

Barring a shakeup this summer, the Timberwolves figure to run it back next season with the same core pieces since they already have $110 million in guaranteed salaries on their balance sheet for the 2018-19 campaign.

--- End quote ---

QUICK DANNY! NADER + A 2020 2ND ROUNDER FOR KAT!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyways, this is a pretty interesting development. I don't think KAT actually gets traded, but there might be some tension in Minnesota regardless. As absurd as it sounds considering it is a LOADED Western Conference... you kind of feel Minnesota underachieved a bit, especially given the expectations after the Butler trade.

Either way, I don't think Boston makes an offer. What teams may be interested though *if* the Wolves do take trade calls? Lakers? Spurs?

tarheelsxxiii:
It'd be aweso.e to have a star in the mid to low 20s in usage.  We have too much top end talent for 1 guy to be above a 30

CelticsElite:
If the guy played even average defense I’d be highly interested

Phantom255x:

--- Quote from: CelticsElite on May 18, 2018, 07:41:46 PM ---If the guy played even average defense I’d be highly interested

--- End quote ---

Yeah, and during the Rockets series, he honestly played "soft" in like 4 of the 5 games. He underwhelmed that series.

What makes it a little interesting is that, unlike Davis, matching salaries is not an issue at all (he's still under rookie contract).

But yeah obviously MIN will ask for a ton, which is why I assume Ainge just stares at the rumor but doesn't really make an offer (doesn't think it's worth it).

I mean, I'm hearing some Suns and Kings fans argue that they should trade their #1 or #2 for him. Yeah we ain't beating those kind of offers  :P

sdceltsfan:
Smart S&T, Morris, SAC pick, Boston 2018, LAC pick for KAT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version