What does it take to get the number 7 pick in this draft

Rozier plus Celtics Pick 2018
14 (31.8%)
Rozier plus The Kings pick 2019
20 (45.5%)
Rozier plus Memphis Pick
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Poll: What's it take to get the #7 pick in this draft  (Read 7376 times)

Re: Poll: What's it take to get the #7 pick in this draft
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I just don't see a viable trade up option for us. Any of the picks where a guy worth trading up for is likely to be on the board is going to cost us more than Terry Rozier, and any pick we could get for Rozier isn't likely to help the team as much as he would next year.

Rozier will only make a difference next year if Kyrie or Jaylen gets hurt for an extended period, or if the team lets Smart go. Otherwise, it hardly matters at all. And its hard to see how we keep him or get anything out him after that.

Jaren Jackson or Wendell Carter might only play limited minutes next year too. But after that, you have a very good chance of having a quality big for the long term.

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Haven’t read the whole thread, but gotta say:  You can’t have too many good guards in this league.  I say keep Rozier for now and see what happens. Lotta time.

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I just don't see a viable trade up option for us. Any of the picks where a guy worth trading up for is likely to be on the board is going to cost us more than Terry Rozier, and any pick we could get for Rozier isn't likely to help the team as much as he would next year.

Rozier will only make a difference next year if Kyrie or Jaylen gets hurt for an extended period, or if the team lets Smart go. Otherwise, it hardly matters at all. And its hard to see how we keep him or get anything out him after that.

Jaren Jackson or Wendell Carter might only play limited minutes next year too. But after that, you have a very good chance of having a quality big for the long term.

My point is that we aren't getting Jaren Jackson or Wendell Carter for Terry Rozier and future picks. This, the question is what sort of impact do you think a guy like Robert Williams would make?

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2018, 07:25:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The only way I think we should explore this is if Mohamed Bamba is available at #7, which is highly unlikely.

His defensive potential and the fact that he can develop a shooting stroke should be worth trading Rozier and maybe the #27 pick and a couple 2nds for it. No way we should include the SacTo pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
what is so great about the 7 th pick , how do you know who will be there.  , is number 7 better than #1  Irving ?

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2018, 10:08:26 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Good topic mate.

I think we'd need to give up Rozier and a future pick. Or Rozier+our own first rounder.

I'd be willing to roll the dice if Bamba falls there.

Could be the defensive anchor we'd build around for a decade.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Good topic mate.

I think we'd need to give up Rozier and a future pick. Or Rozier+our own first rounder.

If there is a big man there the Celtics think will help, I agree.  (wouldn't give up the Sac pick with Rozier at that point)

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2018, 10:13:25 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Good topic mate.

If there is a big man there the Celtics think will help, I agree.  (wouldn't give up the Sac pick with Rozier at that point)

Rozier, #27, Sac pick for #6 to draft Wendell Carter (or I guess Bamba).
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2018, 10:22:04 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Good topic mate.

Yeah, we're going to need that Sacramento pick for a potential Davis trade (or any other opps that come up). Giving up Rozier and that pick is too much considering it could be the #1 or #2 pick in a loaded draft.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Good topic mate.

I don't think that gets the job done. As a starter, Rozier is #14-17 of the 32 PGs in the league (Yes, that's an estimate. Insert your own choice, but there's no way he's in the top-10.) To get a #7 pick in a loaded draft, we'd need to offer something more than a mid-tier PG and late first-rounder. I don't even think Rozier + Memphis gets it done.

I still believe, though, that Orlando's #6 is the pick that we should go after, not Chicago at #7. The Bulls have Kris Dunn. Why would they pay through the nose for Terry Rozier?

Mike

Mike

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2018, 11:11:22 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

My point is that we aren't getting Jaren Jackson or Wendell Carter for Terry Rozier and future picks. This, the question is what sort of impact do you think a guy like Robert Williams would make?

I don't understand why you insist that Rozier and the Sac pick couldn't get you there. You might have to throw another pick in too, but that is a pretty good haul for a #6 or #7 pick. If I were Orlando, I'd make that deal.

The Sac pick really isn't very valuable to us unless we can turn it into a future big prospect. We just don't need anything else.

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I don't understand why you insist that Rozier and the Sac pick couldn't get you there. You might have to throw another pick in too, but that is a pretty good haul for a #6 or #7 pick. If I were Orlando, I'd make that deal.

The Sac pick really isn't very valuable to us unless we can turn it into a future big prospect. We just don't need anything else.

Like a parrot, I will repeat that I'd do Rozier, Sac 19 and #27 for #6.  The salary balances out and to me this is contingent on several factors:

1) We don't have the minutes for all our guards, and we should resign Smart based on value.
2) While Rozier as a starter is great, Rozier playing in 15 mins off the bench isn't the same.
3) With Semi, Yabu, and likely Bird on board, we don't have room for all our upcoming picks.
4) Carter Jr compares favorably to Al when Al was 1-2 years older and should be there at #6.
5) Carter Jr should be ready to play 15-18 mins right away and has all star potential at PF/C.

If any of these 5 things aren't true, then I wouldn't want to offer so much to acquire the #6 pick.  But right now, I believe these 5 things are true, so I wouldn't rule it out.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07