Author Topic: Hayward 100% recovery-  (Read 4480 times)

Re: Hayward 100% recovery-
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 08:02:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Stevens has been pretty straight forward for a long time that Hayward would not be back. People just didn't want to believe him

Agree, people seem to read only what they want too, like selective hearing...

Re: Hayward 100% recovery-and Kyrie liberated
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2018, 04:05:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
WHAT IF--he comes back an even better shooter.The amount of extra time he will have put in just concentrating on form and not jumping then progressing slowly.He could wind up shooting like Klay Thompson.
Why the raging debate over over information released.Removing hardware  will remove any niggling pain that might have been a concern mentally or he may have compensated for

Kyrie will play liberated from nagging pain and knowing there was no structural damage and will be 100%.
Hayward is so dedicated and the hours he put in will show across his game.
Knowing there is no damage to tissue,muscle and bone and his injured foot was actually stronger than his other.
He has spent a season with expert help and put in immense effort and stuck to the schedule.

I agree with Rollie. I think this time off will be beneficial to his shooting. In fact, I remember reading a report stating exactly that. I also think that the X's and O's part will be even better. Stevens had him doing scouting reports for opponents and I think that time spent becoming a student of the game will help them diagnose in-game reads a lot quicker.

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2018, 04:06:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I like the fact that kyrie and Hayward are coming back from surgeries at the same time

That way the attention and pressure on recovery won't be placed on one player....

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I like the fact that kyrie and Hayward are coming back from surgeries at the same time

That way the attention and pressure on recovery won't be placed on one player....

Don't forget Theiss!

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
WHAT IF--he comes back an even better shooter.The amount of extra time he will have put in just concentrating on form and not jumping then progressing slowly.He could wind up shooting like Klay Thompson.
Why the raging debate over over information released.Removing hardware  will remove any niggling pain that might have been a concern mentally or he may have compensated for

Kyrie will play liberated from nagging pain and knowing there was no structural damage and will be 100%.
Knowing there is no damage to tissue,muscle and bone and his injured foot was actually stronger than his other.
He has spent a season with expert help and put in immense effort and stuck to the schedule.

I agree with Rollie. I think this time off will be beneficial to his shooting. In fact, I remember reading a report stating exactly that. I also think that the X's and O's part will be even better. Stevens had him doing scouting reports for opponents and I think that time spent becoming a student of the game will help them diagnose in-game reads a lot quicker.

This is probably the article you're thinking of. No?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323384604578326451812887938

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

There was another recent article about Hayward where he said he has improved his shooting range during rehab, I think that’s what Eddie was thinking of.

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2018, 04:55:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

There was another recent article about Hayward where he said he has improved his shooting range during rehab, I think that’s what Eddie was thinking of.

Yeah, Footey, I was referring to this one where Hayward is talking about his progress. It's crazy to think that was 2 months ago, so I'm excited to see how he looks like now.

I’ve made some significant progress in basketball drills as well.

It’s weird to say, but I’m really happy with where my shot is right now.

Since the injury, I’ve obviously done nothing but really set-shoot, and my shot feels really, really good. I couldn’t really use my legs for the longest time, so I wanted to try to work on my shot. No matter where I caught it, I shot it.

I can already tell that I have extended my range significantly. We’ve done dribble pull-ups, like off a screen, where I’m not jumping, but I’m kind of taking one dribble into a shot. From two, three or four feet beyond the arc, I can get it up to the rim no problem without even jumping.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg6iE5UldUv/?taken-by=gordonhayward

So my shot has gotten quicker and more compact because I’ve been doing this for the last five, six months, and haven’t really been able to jump. That part is kind of exciting.

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Hayward certainly matured physically a lot since entering the league.

Dang. Looks ready to play the 4