Author Topic: Pierce responds to Tatum comparison and compares Jaylen to a current all star  (Read 4518 times)

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I can see Tatum being the next Kevin Durant.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
At times Tatum reminds me of Jamal Crawford.
I really don't see it.

They both have pretty long arms, but that's about it.

Two things stand out to me:
1. Both of them need only the smallest margin to get their shot off; yet they still manage to be able to score consistently on contested shots.  This is a rare commodity.
2. Both of them are willing to shoot anytime, from anywhere.  Thus they are a threat to score in many places that other players aren't.

I get that they are different positions, but they still remind me of each other (at times).
I disagree with both of your similarities.

Tatum is good at creating space with his footwork and length, but he's not a quick fire guy like crawford. He also isn't a chucker like Crawford. He can and will take a shot from any area of the floor sure, but he doesn't just chuck.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Tatum is already a better shooter than Pierce ever was
Pierce shot above .400 from three in his rookie season, too, so let's hold our horses a little bit. The jury is still out.
It's true that Pierce shot above .400 from three in his rookie season.

Its also true that in his long and storied career, Pierce never quite posted percentages for either 2PT or 3PT shooting as high as Tatum posted this year as a 19/20 year old, so I stand by my statement.
It's also true that making inferences about an entire career from someone's rookie year can make you look like a fool.
Marcus Smart shot a pretty solid 34%  from deep as a rookie.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Tatum standing next to Moose looked like the same height. Is Tatum now 6'10"? Looks like it.

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Tatum is smooth but he need to work on his finger roll to be like the "Ice Man"  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjHZJL6Jj8

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Tatum maybe taller than we think. I saw him next to Baynes and he looked taller than him. Isn't Baynes like 6'10"?