Cavs
5 (8.5%)
Sixers
13 (22%)
Other
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 31, 2018, 02:29:32 AM

Author Topic: Poll: Where Does LeBron James go this Off-season?  (Read 5236 times)

Re: Poll: Where Does LeBron James go this Off-season?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:07 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it's either he stays in Cleveland, goes to Houston, or goes to Philly.

I think Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are the wild cards here.

If either PHI or LAL are able to trade for Kawhi, then that may lure Lebron to that team. If LAL signs George, maybe Lebron decides to go there to team up with George, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball (or LAL gets creative and also ships some young talent to acquire Leonard). The reason why Philly and LA are talked about the most as destinations for Lebron is not only the big markets and young talent, but also because they are some of the only teams out there who actually can just sign Lebron to a max outright (with cap space) and they have the assets to pull off another trade for a star if needed.

You can't say that about Houston or San Antonio, who would have to get creative and probably work sign and trades to acquire Lebron. Also, you'd have to be certain that the team you have in place (w/Lebron) is good enough to beat Golden State since there's probably no other avenue to add another big piece considering cap restraints and such. But I think they would be (San Antonio or Houston)

That said, I think if HOU loses in 5 or 6 to GSW, maybe Harden and CP3 (Lebron's good friend) convince him he's the "missing piece". It may mean HOU loses Capela and a few of their role players though to fit Lebron in with the cap space and to work a sign and trade out (also because CP3 is owed a max extension this summer).

New York COULD be a DARK HORSE here though. If they trade Ntilikina, #9 + salary and another future asset for Kawhi (who has NYK as a big market team he'd be willing to go to), then maybe Lebron follows? Lebron-Leonard-Porzingis Big 3, although KP's injury might hurt New York's pursuit unfortunately.

Ultimately, I think it's Cleveland (he stays), Houston or Philadelphia. I understand Lakers as an "ideal" destination, but I truthfully don't think Lebron realistically sees them as a contender or becoming one for a while, even if George joins. Plus, for the most part he'd be in Kobe's shadow there. Not saying it's a given he doesn't go LAL, but I don't think it's as likely as people think.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lakers. One last run and then he sets up his life in Hollywood much like Kobe

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 12:47:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

If either PHI or LAL are able to trade for Kawhi, then that may lure Lebron to that team. If LAL signs George, maybe Lebron decides to go there to team up with George, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball (or LAL gets creative and also ships some young talent to acquire Leonard). The reason why Philly and LA are talked about the most as destinations for Lebron is not only the big markets and young talent, but also because they are some of the only teams out there who actually can just sign Lebron to a max outright (with cap space) and they have the assets to pull off another trade for a star if needed.

You can't say that about Houston or San Antonio, who would have to get creative and probably work sign and trades to acquire Lebron. Also, you'd have to be certain that the team you have in place (w/Lebron) is good enough to beat Golden State since there's probably no other avenue to add another big piece considering cap restraints and such. But I think they would be (San Antonio or Houston)

That said, I think if HOU loses in 5 or 6 to GSW, maybe Harden and CP3 (Lebron's good friend) convince him he's the "missing piece". It may mean HOU loses Capela and a few of their role players though to fit Lebron in with the cap space and to work a sign and trade out (also because CP3 is owed a max extension this summer).

New York COULD be a DARK HORSE here though. If they trade Ntilikina, #9 + salary and another future asset for Kawhi (who has NYK as a big market team he'd be willing to go to), then maybe Lebron follows? Lebron-Leonard-Porzingis Big 3, although KP's injury might hurt New York's pursuit unfortunately.

Ultimately, I think it's Cleveland (he stays), Houston or Philadelphia. I understand Lakers as an "ideal" destination, but I truthfully don't think Lebron realistically sees them as a contender or becoming one for a while, even if George joins. Plus, for the most part he'd be in Kobe's shadow there. Not saying it's a given he doesn't go LAL, but I don't think it's as likely as people think.

Have strong doubts Lebron would want to team up with Harden.  Just don't see the fit at all.

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 01:11:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Why isn't Hell an option?
Beat me to it.  TP

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
See how close Houston is to GS ....Lakers are not really ready to compete ,  it might take too long for Lebron to get the team to a true title level of play....plus who handles the ball...Lebron initiates 75% of the offense , what is LONZO gonna do?   Ball and Simmons are not good shooters , by the time they can shoot , Lebron will be 50 years old.

Are they there ?    Would just PG3 make the difference or will it take Leonard or James to even the score .

I expect all the major free agents and their agants are watching how GS Houston plays out.

The Celtics have a prime Irving and Hayward coming back ....Danny can just sit and waych

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He's going to Houston. Makes most sense to me. I don't think he wants to babysit or tutor any young players.

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 01:37:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don't think people give enough thought to the idea that Embiid and Simmons might not want him on the team. Embiid's comments about them liking the team they already have and their time being now sure read that to me. Both of those guys are extremely confident with big egos. They, and anyone with a pulse, can see that Lebron really sucks the entire air out of a room (it is the main reason Kyrie is on our roster).

If Lebron were to go there and they won one championship before he turned 35 Embiid and Simmons would get next to no credit and the "process" would be cheapened for them (at least in the terms of casual fans and the media and some of their own fans). I also think seeing how great Tatum, Brown and Rozier are, the east is not going to be viewed as the easy path to the finals it once was when we add Kyrie and Hayward and further development from those guys. Most people feel we could actually give Golden State a run with all those guys healthy. Also while I am not suggesting that the Warriors will stop being a juggernaut the next few years they are slipping a tiny bit with the aging out of their bench and role players. Iggy was a great player for them during the titles and finals run and he is certainly calcifying before our eyes (career low in just about every category). Livingston is also in decline and West is going to be 38 if he does not retire. They may get slight boosts from Bell or Looney but I kind of doubt those guys are elite role players like the aftermentioned players have been by next season. These things may seem insignificant but they matter in a series if both teams are very evenly matched.

I don't think many people realize this, but there is a legitmate chance we enter next season as co-favorites to win the title with golden state depending on how the rest of this series goes and the the potential finals matchup. The only way Lebron could really assure himself of being a clear title favorite would be to join the Rockets or Golden State (both of whom are obviously in the west).

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
My coworkers in Ohio 100 percent believe this is Lebron's last Cleveland hurrah. No doubt in their minds at all. They also told me they are extremely worried how they will come out in the next game- They think his decision is a done deal and no way he returns though. Maybe they are just preparing for the worst so it does not hurt as much or maybe they truly see the writing on the wall.

Where does he go? Rockets, Lakers? Is there any chance he could figure out a way to make it work in the easier East with someone...Sixers are a strange mix but who knows if they somehow landed 2 big names, they would be set up similar to the Celtics- George/Lebron and Embiid and Simmons would be a tough out for sure or maybe they do a trade for Leonard and match with Lebron and Simmons and Embiid..tough but it is Philly and it might not be hollywood enough for him.

Sometimes I wonder if the Lakers have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time....maybe they do flip youth to the Spurs, get Leonard, sign Lebron and find a way to squeeze Cousins into that mix(maybe a sign and trade with Kuzma going out in a package). Is Lebron, Cousins, Leonard and Ball enough to get to the WCF? Maybe it is...Or maybe a George/Lebron pairing with a trade for another star is another option....same scenarios as well.

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Have strong doubts Lebron would want to team up with Harden.  Just don't see the fit at all.

Maybe, but I also don't see the fit with Philly either.

Like, the difference is, when Wade and Kyrie (among others) settled for a "lesser" role and played more off-ball, they were still effective primarily because they could facilitate AND shoot well. Simmons has no jump shot... kind of a big deal especially for the near future if you're Lebron (doubt Simmons magically finds it by next season all of a sudden).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 04:58:13 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Less votes on this than i thought there would be.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 05:05:13 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Would LeBron consider taking a massive discount and playing for the Warriors?

Dray
Bron
Durant
Klay
Steph
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 05:19:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Warriors are my biggest fear. Lakers would be another if Lakers traded everything they had + two first for Davis then signed LeBron and PG. Ouch

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 05:22:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would LeBron consider taking a massive discount and playing for the Warriors?

Dray
Bron
Durant
Klay
Steph
I don’t think so. Considering what teaming up with the team he couldn’t beat did to KD, I can’t see LeBron doing that to his legacy. People wouldn’t include him in their top 5 all-time out of pure spite.

He initiated the whole moving to a team with superstar buddies, but if he did this he would bury his legacy. More likely he goes to LA, NYK or Houston imo
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 06:21:22 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Houston.
Why would LeBron want to play with Embiid and Simmons...just not a fit and frankly the celtics exposed how much both need to grow as players pretty tremendously

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 07:34:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Fishing
Will he be able to find three all stars to help him catch a fish?