Cavs
5 (8.5%)
Sixers
13 (22%)
Other
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 31, 2018, 02:29:32 AM

Author Topic: Poll: Where Does LeBron James go this Off-season?  (Read 5246 times)

Re: Poll: Where Does LeBron James go this Off-season?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
As soon as Lebron had actual competition in the East from 2008 to 2010 he decided to form a super team in Miami so that he could keep his easy path.

LeBron is a still a great player but you can see him get tired at the end of games now.   Father time beats all athletes and although he is still impressive and the best player on the planet, I think we are starting to see signs of the grind on his body.  I think the playing more minutes than he ever has, had more to do with him wilting in game 2 than the neck injury.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:32 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
As soon as Lebron had actual competition in the East from 2008 to 2010 he decided to form a super team in Miami so that he could keep his easy path.

LeBron is a still a great player but you can see him get tired at the end of games now.   Father time beats all athletes and although he is still impressive and the best player on the planet, I think we are starting to see signs of the grind on his body.  I think the playing more minutes than he ever has, had more to do with him wilting in game 2 than the neck injury.

Yeah, LeBron has to stop trying to do everything for his team. He is too old for that work load. He needs to learn how to share the responsibility. How to trust his teammates. LeBron has always struggled with that.

He needs to be on a team that a has a couple of other legit 15+ppg threats. With a coach who will demand proper ball and player movement and not just let LeBron dribble the life out of his team's offense.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:37 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Lakers don't make sense for me because they will be pinned against the Rockets or GSW, with LeBron being 33, I don't see him having the patience to develop Lonzo and build chemistry with 1-2 other star players from FA and waste a season. I feel like he wants to be on a team where they have a real shot to make the finals from day 1

Rockets if they can make room I see have a chance, since they already have his buddy CP3 and possibly MVP in Harden, his last hurrah vs the Warriors for the next few years (also like him to get out of the East, let GSW and Hou duke it out for the next few years)

Philly I see have a chance, Simmons who I see is basically mini LeBron with a shot, can rebound and pass the ball, LeBron can mentor him, and with Embiid as center. I think they can surround that team with a few more pieces

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
LeBron is absolutely one of the most overrated players the NBA has ever had. If you were an alien from another planet and you just watched the last two games he played in and someone told you "The best player was in that game" the alien would go through at least 3 names before he got to Bron.

He had a day. That day is over. He's LeDone.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 08:38:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
LeBron is absolutely one of the most overrated players the NBA has ever had. If you were an alien from another planet and you just watched the last two games he played in and someone told you "The best player was in that game" the alien would go through at least 3 names before he got to Bron.

He had a day. That day is over. He's LeDone.
He's incredibly overrated. It baffles me. All the people talking about how there's a "debate" over whether or not you'd pick MJ over LeBron are hilariously out of touch.
Mainstream media outlets hype him up because the NBA product isn't that good right now. Boring offence, weak defence where you can't put your hands on a guy, and awful officiating, and they need someone to make it seem like it's in a good spot

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 08:44:34 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't know how Lebron ever steps foot in Cleveland again if he takes off for Philly. "I know it was me who demanded we sign all these mediocre players to humongous contracts, but I am going to go to the state next door to win with them because they are younger and have a brighter future."

I realize he brought a championship to CLE so they at least have something to celebrate, but ditching them twice for better teams seems a little much. At least going to LA provides him an entirely different excuse - regardless of how good the supporting cast he brings with them.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 09:01:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fishing

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I don't know how Lebron ever steps foot in Cleveland again if he takes off for Philly. "I know it was me who demanded we sign all these mediocre players to humongous contracts, but I am going to go to the state next door to win with them because they are younger and have a brighter future."

I realize he brought a championship to CLE so they at least have something to celebrate, but ditching them twice for better teams seems a little much. At least going to LA provides him an entirely different excuse - regardless of how good the supporting cast he brings with them.

People also like to ignore the fact he went back to Cleveland because it was the perfect scenario to form a younger big three.  He bailed on Miami as soon as they were no longer the consensus title favorite.  LeBron is the ultimate cherry picker when it comes to team building.

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think it's Houston or the Lakers.

If Houston ends up losing a tight series to Golden State and we handily beat Cleveland in 5 or 6 games, I think Houston has to be considered the front runner.

I really don't see Philadelphia as an option. There are too many question marks regarding their youth, injuries, and potential fit (Simmons + Lebron just won't work well), and I think the spanking we gave them without our two top players just furthers that concern.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 10:22:17 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm so tired of hearing about LeRingchaser.

He'll stay out of the West where his chances reduce of being in the finals.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think he flirts with the Knicks but ultimately signs with the Lakers. For LeBron, I think the last chapter of his career is about setting himself up for the aftermath. New York or LA are the places to be for the endeavor of setting yourself up business wise after basketball.

Do you think he's close to retirement? He's been playing a long time so I could understand that. However at the same time, despite all of the sideshows, I think he's genuinely in love with competing and the game of basketball. I don't think he retires until he's 40. And I don't think he takes below the max for his next contract.

I don't really see him going to Philly, it's not the right fit for him. He's going to want a team ready to compete right now. To me that's the Rockets or Lakers (if they have an amazing summer).

I haven't checked salaries but in any world could New Orleans be an option? Ad and LeBron would be hella scary.
Edit: For example, trading Jrue Holiday to Orlando for a package, reduce the salary commitments down by roughly $15m, let Boogie walk should open up enough space.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:40:04 AM by TheSundanceKid »

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I don't think the off season is a good one for Lebron to re-calibrate.  Team up with Paul George to win a championship? Really think Paul George gives him more than Kevin Love?  George is a better player, but when you factor in redundancy of skill set, Love is a better team-mate for Lebron than George, no?

Lebron's only hope is that Kawhi forces a trade to a team that will then have enough cap space to allow Lebron to sign up as a FA; or maybe willing to do a sign and trade with CLE (who may be open to that since they will be in rebuild mode anyway). 

I guess Lebron could sign with the Sixers, who then trade Fultz, Laker pick, Sixer picks, maybe Saric to entice Spurs to trade Leonard (Saric will be the sticking point probably, but Spurs would be smart to insist he be included, otherwise it would be an awful trade from their end).

Yeah, the more I think about it, if the Sixers can get Leonard, they can get Lebron.  This will put pressure on Boston to trade for Leonard, won't it?   Part of a good offense is good defense, and vice versa.  Celtics in a much better position to offer an enticing trade package than Philly. It is not even close, unless Philly includes Ben Simmons, which would be trading the future away for the present.  Obviously Embiid is not touchable.

Will be a very intriguing off season.

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't think the off season is a good one for Lebron to re-calibrate.  Team up with Paul George to win a championship? Really think Paul George gives him more than Kevin Love?  George is a better player, but when you factor in redundancy of skill set, Love is a better team-mate for Lebron than George, no?

Lebron's only hope is that Kawhi forces a trade to a team that will then have enough cap space to allow Lebron to sign up as a FA; or maybe willing to do a sign and trade with CLE (who may be open to that since they will be in rebuild mode anyway). 

I guess Lebron could sign with the Sixers, who then trade Fultz, Laker pick, Sixer picks, maybe Saric to entice Spurs to trade Leonard (Saric will be the sticking point probably, but Spurs would be smart to insist he be included, otherwise it would be an awful trade from their end).

Yeah, the more I think about it, if the Sixers can get Leonard, they can get Lebron.  This will put pressure on Boston to trade for Leonard, won't it?   Part of a good offense is good defense, and vice versa.  Celtics in a much better position to offer an enticing trade package than Philly. It is not even close, unless Philly includes Ben Simmons, which would be trading the future away for the present.  Obviously Embiid is not touchable.

Will be a very intriguing off season.
I could absolutely see him stay in Cleveland on another 1 year contract and see how next year goes before he plots his next move.  Unless he goes to Houston or Philadelphia, I really don't see a logical landing spot for basketball purposes, but waiting another year could open up some other locations (maybe the Lakers have their crap together by then, or maybe the Knicks figure things out, etc. - and the Sixers could still very much be in play if they don't use the space this summer).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:39 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I agree, leaving for a team like Philly would be another gut punch.

Houston probably would be seen as a KD b!tch move, but at least LeBron has won with two different teams and nobody should question his ability to lead. Still don’t see how it’s feasible without losing Capela.

Lakers bring the glamour and (even more) fame. Surely he will get a good cast around him to be competitive out there. Makes the most sense to me and he can handpick his running mate and look for another via trade. Plenty of vet ring chasers will surely flock there.

It would be admirable if he went down with the ship and stayed in Cleveland. I think there is too much pressure on him to win if he leaves and will look terrible if a player of his stature chases rings and doesn’t actually win more. He can lower expectations in Cleveland and maybe they can pick up some other guys to try it from a different angle. What they did to their roster in the last 9 months has been tragic.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I wish there was an option for: Who cares. The Celtics will be the top team in the East. Where LeBron goes is irrelevant.