Author Topic: What kind of return can trading kyrie get us?  (Read 7409 times)

Re: What kind of return can trading kyrie get us?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 10:07:15 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Utter nonsense. Ainge isnt' trading our best player.

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 10:09:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not even for my momma

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Very simple. Trade Kyrie and the Sac pick to PHX for their pick, draft Ayton, sign Baynes and Smart and you money left over for scary Terry.  All while staying under the cap.

People on this site should stop being so emotionally attached to players.
That's a terrible trade.

I was spitballing but the general framework would be Kyrie for Ayton.  We have to acknowledge that production per dollar is higher with Rozier than Kyrie. You get more bang for your buck with Terry
That is true, but I just can't see any of these as realistic. Seeing Kyrie shoot down any trades by telling teams he simply won't resign with them would be a very real possibility. I'd also like to see Rozier put in a bigger body of efficient work, rather than just a good, and potentially misleading, playoff run.

Very simple. Trade Kyrie and the Sac pick to PHX for their pick, draft Ayton, sign Baynes and Smart and you money left over for scary Terry.  All while staying under the cap.

That's a terrible trade.

I was spitballing but the general framework would be Kyrie for Ayton.  We have to acknowledge that production per dollar is higher with Rozier than Kyrie. You get more bang for your buck with Terry

If nothing else, its refreshing to see a difference of opinion rather than the extreme homerism that is typical of all things Kyrie.  His character issues and holes in his game -- defense, not making others better -is exactly what IT was criticized for after he was traded. 
It's easier to not get criticised for those things when you're not a 15ppg role player who feuds with teammates

A "good, and potentially misleading, playoff run?????????"

You do realize that Rozier has the 7th highest VORP in the NBA playoffs this year, right???

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2018_advanced.html

Smitty77

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's a terrible trade.

That is true, but I just can't see any of these as realistic. Seeing Kyrie shoot down any trades by telling teams he simply won't resign with them would be a very real possibility. I'd also like to see Rozier put in a bigger body of efficient work, rather than just a good, and potentially misleading, playoff run.

That's a terrible trade.

If nothing else, its refreshing to see a difference of opinion rather than the extreme homerism that is typical of all things Kyrie.  His character issues and holes in his game -- defense, not making others better -is exactly what IT was criticized for after he was traded. 
It's easier to not get criticised for those things when you're not a 15ppg role player who feuds with teammates

You do realize that Rozier has the 7th highest VORP in the NBA playoffs this year, right???

Smitty77
That doesn't really counter anything I said? During the regular season his VORP was 3rd best on our team, behind Kyrie and Al.

What I'm saying is he needs to perform consistently throughout a season, by improving his passing and not shooting sub 40% from the field and from 3
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Not even for my momma

You just know that Danny would trade his momma, lol #MotherSonRelationshipGoals ;D.

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 12:08:45 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

No thanks. That's a huge overpay for Ayton.
the thinking is that ayton gives us more than either Kyrie or rozier sitting on the bench. It makes sense. The sac pick is just to make the deal happen since Kyrie is an expiring
I can see Ayton giving us more than Kyrie in the future. Obviously, he wouldn't give us more than Kyrie next year (barring injuries).

Anyway, I don't think the Suns do it either. Kyrie is gonna opt out next summer. Chances are he won't re-sign with them. Basically they trade the #1 pick for the Kings pick (top 1 protected) and a 1-year rental of Kyrie.

The suns are open to trading the pick

McDonough, in an interview on ESPN2's NBA Draft Combine special on Friday, said the Suns haven't ruled out the option of dealing away the No. 1 pick in June's draft for a lower pick or even a worthy veteran.

"I think if you look around the NBA, as far as the veteran players, there are probably a few players we'd consider trading the pick for, not ... just pick for player No. 1. So it'll be a busy month for us."

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2018, 01:48:45 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

That's a terrible trade.

That's a terrible trade.

Smitty77
That doesn't really counter anything I said? During the regular season his VORP was 3rd best on our team, behind Kyrie and Al.

What I'm saying is he needs to perform consistently throughout a season, by improving his passing and not shooting sub 40% from the field and from 3

He is shooting 42.3% overall in the playoffs.  Also, he is playing 37 minutes per game in the playoffs and played 25.9 minutes per game in the regular season.  His assist/TO ratio was only 2.9 in the regular season, but is up to 4.4 in the playoffs. (Better than any starter in the playoffs except for Ariza who is only averaging 1.3 assists per game!!)

Smitty77

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2018, 01:51:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's a terrible trade.

That's a terrible trade.

Smitty77

He is shooting 42.3% overall in the playoffs.  Also, he is playing 37 minutes per game in the playoffs and played 25.9 minutes per game in the regular season.  His assist/TO ratio was only 2.9 in the regular season, but is up to 4.4 in the playoffs. (Better than any starter in the playoffs except for Ariza who is only averaging 1.3 assists per game!!)

Smitty77
Yeah, but that’s only a 14 game sample size vs a healthy season. Can’t really make any definitive statements about that
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 02:03:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

That's a terrible trade.

That's a terrible trade.

Smitty77

Smitty77
Yeah, but that’s only a 14 game sample size vs a healthy season. Can’t really make any definitive statements about that
Combine that with the part of the regular season that he started heating up and you've got almost half a season's worth of games. He's definitely a good starter PG at least and has a couple more seasons to improve.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 02:28:35 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Can't get equal or more value for Kyrie. Keep him.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Personally speaking, I'd be willing to trade Kyrie for Ayton + another asset + salary filler (expiring).

Don't see how the Suns would be interested in such a deal, just saying.

I mean, if Kyrie nets you the #1 overall pick, additional picks, and players, then sure - have that conversation. However, Ayton's going to get played off the floor in the playoffs for the first couple of years if his inability to corral dribble penetration at the level the University of Buffalo presents is any indication. If we're just waiving the white flag on the next several years because of the Warriors then I guess sure, melt down the vets into draft picks and plan for five years out, but I don't think that's where the team is at right now.

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
My only gripe with Kyrie is he became a bit of a ball hog at a point when the Celtics started losing, after that great start. That doesn't work with the Celtics. They must have ball distribution and even scoring to be successful. With Rozier, they are back to doing exactly that. So Rozier must be doing something right. Kyrie is watching and absorbing all this. Maybe he's getting the message.

Ainge has some serious decisions to make in the off season. Perhaps whatever happens in the playoffs will be a factor. So far, so good. And the cap situation is always a determining factor.

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2018, 05:20:06 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned anywhere so I’ll throw out the Kyrie trade that seems obvious.  Kyrie straight up for Kawhi Leonard.  Brad gets more positionless defenders, actually the best one, and San Antonio gets backcourt scoring they desperately need to go with Lamarcus.  Kawhi gets to a bigger market on a competitive team and Kyrie gets to play for Pop and will have to score a lot.  Both players are coming off injuries.  Seems like a no brainer.  And in a couple years after practicing against Kawhi everyday has toughened Tatum up, we can move Kawhi for something.

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 05:36:34 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
What kind of return can trading kyrie get us?

honestly at this point I hope we do trade kyrie. in return for kyrie the fan base gets some intelligence or a kick in the head.

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
This thread is another Poster who is delusional