Author Topic: What kind of return can trading kyrie get us?  (Read 7410 times)

Re: What kind of return can trading kyrie get us?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 06:56:33 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
maybe we could bring AB, crowder and IT back. oh and Olynyk too.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06:21 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Maybe we let him get us a couple of rings first.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 08:19:00 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Phoenix showed a lot of interested in Kyrie last summer, if you're Ainge maybe you make the call to your former team about that #1 overall?

NOT.

I know this is all hypothetical but this may not be completely out of the realm.  I think any trade for Kyrie is extremely unlikely, but of all the unlikely options, Kyrie to PHO for Chandler and #1 at least is somewhat realistic.  Kyrie was interested in them and for them to have a core of Kyrie, Warren, Booker, Chriss, Bender, is not all that bad.  Tough for them to compete in the west in the short term and I don't expect this is likely but we are talking about Trader Dan here.

I don't think we are going to trade Kyrie or Hayward in the short term.  Medium to longer term, who knows.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 08:40:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Phoenix showed a lot of interested in Kyrie last summer, if you're Ainge maybe you make the call to your former team about that #1 overall?

NOT.

I know this is all hypothetical but this may not be completely out of the realm.  I think any trade for Kyrie is extremely unlikely, but of all the unlikely options, Kyrie to PHO for Chandler and #1 at least is somewhat realistic.  Kyrie was interested in them and for them to have a core of Kyrie, Warren, Booker, Chriss, Bender, is not all that bad.  Tough for them to compete in the west in the short term and I don't expect this is likely but we are talking about Trader Dan here.

I don't think we are going to trade Kyrie or Hayward in the short term.  Medium to longer term, who knows.
Thing is that that team is never getting anywhere. 3 poor defenders at the 1, 2 and 3, Chriss is a no-show half the time and Bender is still a kid. That team wouldn't make playoffs probably
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Yeah lets trade our best player.  Great idea  Unfortunately Rozier is the odd man out.  I feel the conversation after the season will be Ainge asking Rozier if he would be happy playing a big role off the bench for this team playing for championships or if he wants to go to a team and become a starter.  We know Rozier's answer will be to be a starter and he will get traded.  Smart will be resigned and Danny will move up in the draft for a player with the same skill set as Rozier to develop over the next 3 years like they did with Rozier.   I would love everyone to return but it's not possible.  With Hayward and Kyrie coming back the only path to playing time will be for a big. 

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
DA probably has drooled over Irving since day one .   Irving is a good guy and fits CBS personality of characters .   

he is keeping his Ferrari.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 09:04:46 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Yeah lets trade our best player.  Great idea  Unfortunately Rozier is the odd man out.  I feel the conversation after the season will be Ainge asking Rozier if he would be happy playing a big role off the bench for this team playing for championships or if he wants to go to a team and become a starter.  We know Rozier's answer will be to be a starter and he will get traded.  Smart will be resigned and Danny will move up in the draft for a player with the same skill set as Rozier to develop over the next 3 years like they did with Rozier.   I would love everyone to return but it's not possible.  With Hayward and Kyrie coming back the only path to playing time will be for a big.

Sign and trade scenarios are still in play when Rozier becomes a restricted free agent.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was okay playing 20-25 minutes off the bench for one more season.  Next year has the potential to be the best team Rozier will ever play for.  His value on the free agent market is already cemented by this current playoff run.   

As for Ainge, I agree that he will look at every possible trade scenario for Rozier.   

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:20:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given he's on an expiring contract, a low lottery pick or prospect and another pick future pick. No way would the Knicks or anyone else would give up a higher level guys like Porzingis.

Not worth exploring his value given the circumstances and the scant return. (unless he says he's leaving)

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 09:30:59 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Given he's on an expiring contract, a low lottery pick or prospect and another pick future pick. No way would the Knicks or anyone else would give up a higher level guys like Porzingis.

Not worth exploring his value given the circumstances and the scant return. (unless he says he's leaving)

Any trade discussed in this context would necessitate the player demand a trade.  That's a given.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 09:35:10 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Trading Kyrie worked out so well for Cleveland.....

He's our best player. Trading him makes no sense unless he adamantly doesn't want to be here next season, and I have no sense of that whatsoever.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He been injury prone lately..i be hesitated to give him max deal..derrick rose 2.0??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 09:56:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

NOT.

Phoenix wouldn't even include Jackson last summer when Irving had an extra year and wasn't coming off of surgery (had they included Jackson the trade would have been something like Bledsoe, Bender, and Jackson for Irving - they ended up cutting Bledsoe anyway).  There is no way, none what so ever, that they include the #1 overall pick this year in a trade for Irving.

I think something like this before the draft Ainge would at least consider.  Irving, Yabu, Nader Semi for Beverly, Jordan (he opts in), 12, and 13.  With 12 and 13 maybe Boston can then move up to get a player Ainge really likes or he just stands pat and gets some quality young depth like Robert Williams, Collin Sexton, Miles Bridges, or whatever.  So in the trade, Boston adds a veteran defensive oriented PG (Smart leaving insurance) and a real interior defender/rebounder, plus some talented young depth.  The trade can be done without Beverly and the 3 "filler" contracts, but I think including Beverly makes way more sense for both teams.  Again, I'm not sure I would do that, but that is a fairly realistic trade that is probably out there.  The Clippers get their "star" and stay relevant, while Boston adds a position of need, gets some solid experience, and upgrades the bench youth.

So post trade - 2 deep rotation

PG - Rozier, Beverly
SG - Brown, Smart
SF - Hayward, Tatum
PF - Horford, Morris
C - Jordan, Baynes/Monroe

Rest of bench - Theis, 12, 13, 27, ?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:29 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
We Are Not Trading Kyrie Irving [Full Stop]

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Given the saturation of pg's, there's probably no way the Celtics could get equal value for Kyrie.

But really, the Celtics spent 4 years trading veterans for assets, trying to put together a team that can compete for a championship. Now they have a roster that can compete for a championship and some fans want to... trade veterans for assets? This roster is what they've been working toward. Stop drilling, you already struck oil.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 10:25:38 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
It's not often you see a fan base strategize a way to replicate the James Harden trade with the hope being OKC in the scenario.....