Author Topic: Was Tatum the fireworks?  (Read 2041 times)

Re: Was Tatum the fireworks?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 10:57:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The one that went under the radar was Daniel theis. When he was signed, 95% of this board who know everything about the Celtics didn't know who he was and didnt get impressed

then  He showed up in games

I thought Theis looked good coming in but I have green colored glasses for just about everyone that comes into The Celtics organization. Once Danny makes a pick or picks up a guy I'm a fan and think whoever will be great. I can't wait to see I'm going to fall in love with at the end of the 1st round this year. I want Wagner or DeVincenzo... But I usually only watch the end of the college season so what do I know!

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 11:11:55 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
why isn't houston pulling harden out right now, the game is over
why risk an injury?

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Not sure where to put this, but some talking head was saying that Tatum might play the 5th most playoff minutes in history. I check this, and that seems weird..

He needs to play about 211 more minutes to take the record from Jack Sikma.

Given that he is averaging about 35 minutes, he will only need to play 6 more games right?

Seems like he is a lock to break another record. Am I wrong here?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=Y&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=200&order_by=mp
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 07:26:28 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
The firework for me was the Gordon Hayward signing. I remember I spent most of my time on 4th of July refreshing Celtics Blog Forum, twitter and everywhere else for updates.

Remember when Hayward supposedly made his decision and then "kinda rescinded" and then finalized it again later that day? ;D

Who could forget? I had to crack a beer to celebrate, then another to wash away the pain of maybe not getting him, then another to celebrate for real. It was great!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 07:54:38 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The one that went under the radar was Daniel theis. When he was signed, 95% of this board who know everything about the Celtics didn't know who he was and didnt get impressed

There wasn't all that much to know. He was a guy who played 20mpg in the German second tier league, didn't even start, and had bombed out of Summer League with the Magic (was it). All signs screamed preseason fodder.

He turned into a serviceable rotation player, but even so he's very replaceable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 08:01:25 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Not sure where to put this, but some talking head was saying that Tatum might play the 5th most playoff minutes in history. I check this, and that seems weird..

He needs to play about 211 more minutes to take the record from Jack Sikma.

Given that he is averaging about 35 minutes, he will only need to play 6 more games right?

Seems like he is a lock to break another record. Am I wrong here?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=Y&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=200&order_by=mp

Most rookie minutes.  Important to note the rookie part!
Yup

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
The whole things was the fireworks.  Blowing up an EC Finalist, returning only 4 of its players, and somehow getting better.  I'm not sure there was a guy shipped who's spot on the roster was not improved.

You like fireworks?  How bout them fireworks?!

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:18:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Remember when Hayward supposedly made his decision and then "kinda rescinded" and then finalized it again later that day?  ;D
Ugh, I remember.

I was cleaning my garage and working in my yard drinking leinenkugels stressing about it.

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:40 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Who wants fireworks? Fireworks flash brightly and burn out quickly.

We got something better.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 10:00:36 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

There wasn't all that much to know. He was a guy who played 20mpg in the German second tier league, didn't even start, and had bombed out of Summer League with the Magic (was it). All signs screamed preseason fodder.

He turned into a serviceable rotation player, but even so he's very replaceable.

Not really.

Only 26
Plus defender
Very long and a quick leaper
Can play center or power forward
Quick on rotations, can cover out to the 3 point line
Strong enough in the post
Excellent shot blocker
Solid 3 point shooter
Smart player
Good attitude

He costs less than $1M!!!!

Whenever I see Munroe fumbling around and barely able to get anything done, I can't help but think how much Theis would have helped this playoff run. He's a perfect complementary player for this type of team. He's yet another reason why Ainge has had one of the greatest runs of executive moves in league history.