Author Topic: Anonymous Cavs Player: Danny Ainge Is A Thief  (Read 2709 times)

Re: Anonymous Cavs Player: Danny Ainge Is A Thief
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 03:48:26 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Of course, as I recall, there were many a CB posters that hated the trade at the time.  I'd say it was the majority opinion actually.

I’d say it was the majority opinion in the first 12 hours, but within 48 hours (at most) most fans were on board.

Then there were the diehards who needed to see IT’s hip disintegrate and the pick fall to #8 before being okay with it.  I fall in that group, haha.
Yeah, I've pretty much been Team Danny for years now.  I don't question his moves pretty much at all.  Regarding this trade, I could certainly see the logic, especially since IT was a polarizing player in my eyes.  He could score, but caused lots of issues defensively.  I don't think the net gain was as large as his numbers suggested.

I wasn't too concerned about the nets pick either.  That team was bound to get better and always played hard. 

So I was on-board from the jump and obviously, it's a pretty clear win now.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Jason Lloyd had this reaction from an unnamed Cavs player, discussing the Kyrie deal:

“Danny Ainge is a [bleeping] thief,” he said. No explanation needed.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cavaliers-player-kyrie-irving-trade-danny-ainge-expletive-thief-170432458.html

It’s apparently a quote from the regular season, but it still warms my heart. We gutted them, and all they have to show for it is the #8 pick.

Not true, they also have Bron Bron leaving this year to show for it. Haha

Sad that just like his first time there, LeBaby gets himself surrounded with the players he wants, and when things go wrong he splits...and blames everyone else.

James would be wise, after his playing days, to avoid the Jordan route of becoming a GM—based on the teammates he picks, he'd be awful at building a roster.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I tend to feel that Danny Ainge either overpays, or undersells on major deals, but then I scratch beneath the surface and realize that they are hugely in our favor.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 04:36:41 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I tend to feel that Danny Ainge either overpays, or undersells on major deals, but then I scratch beneath the surface and realize that they are hugely in our favor.

He overpaid for Kyrie, I do not think you can say otherwise.  IT was hurt but so is Kyrie, so that is a wash. 

If anything he decimated the Cavs by taking Kyrie away from them.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 04:55:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Of course, as I recall, there were many a CB posters that hated the trade at the time.  I'd say it was the majority opinion actually.

I was in a weird place where I felt totally gutpunched but also knew it made sense at the same time. Was very worried that Brooklyn pick was going to nab a star though (it still could).

...remember when we were all upset about giving up Crowder on top of IT/BRK pick? Now he's an afterthought.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Danny isn't a "thief." He's just a brilliant GM. He was very good in Phoenix, and the Celtics were lucky to get him. Fortunately, he was still loyal after that stupid trade that GM made (Red's guy)that shipped him out for bench fodder. Ainge was a pretty darn good 2 in Boston. One of the starting 5 of a championship team.

Regarding the Irving trade, I think Irving has stepped up--out from under James. His value is greater than it was before. The Nets had nothing to lose for, and the Cavs GM should have known better. Plus, IT hasn't been the same guy away from Boston. Maybe because of his hip.

But Danny may have outfoxed himself, when it comes to next year's rotations. They have to figure a role for Hayward, and Irving has some competition for the starting PG spot. It remains to be seen in the rest of the playoffs, but they may have hit on some unexpected chemistry.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
feel like Jeff Green said it. He has history being shipped by Ainge and knows him very well. The statement sounds like a reaffirmation of prior beliefs
Lol, never thought about it from that angle. That is very believable

And yet, the best evidence that Danny is not a thief is trading Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green.

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
feel like Jeff Green said it. He has history being shipped by Ainge and knows him very well. The statement sounds like a reaffirmation of prior beliefs

And yet, the best evidence that Danny is not a thief is trading Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green.

1. Green and krystic performed decent to well  for us. He gave pierce and ray rest which is what we needed.

2.  the funniest part, both are now on this cavs team that we are destroying

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 06:18:35 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

1. Green and krystic performed decent to well  for us. He gave pierce and ray rest which is what we needed.

2.  the funniest part, both are now on this cavs team that we are destroying

Also Jeff Green to Memphis trade brought us their future first pick that could turn out to be gold.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 06:24:32 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

I'll admit, I despised the trade. That's when I believed we were looking at a Top 3 pick in the Brooklyn pick.

But let's not gloat too much, the guy we traded all that for is on the sidelines in street clothes while we knock on the door of the Finals..

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 06:26:29 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

He overpaid for Kyrie, I do not think you can say otherwise.  IT was hurt but so is Kyrie, so that is a wash. 

Can you expand on your belief that DA overpaid for Kyrie? The deal was essentially IT, Crowder, Zizic, a second rounder, and #8 for Kyrie. In other words: two overrated players, a stiff, a second rounder that can be easily replaced on draft night, and a mid level lottery pick in a draft that's supposed to only be 6 players deep. Seems like a decent deal to me, but I'm interested to hear more about your thought process.

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 06:36:54 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I'll admit, I despised the trade. That's when I believed we were looking at a Top 3 pick in the Brooklyn pick.

But let's not gloat too much, the guy we traded all that for is on the sidelines in street clothes while we knock on the door of the Finals..
Yeah, that's the interesting part in all this.  Even an injured Kyrie is viewed as much higher value than what Cleveland got.  But mostly, it's the impact of taking Kyrie off that team that really hurts them.

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The Fleecer lol

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I sometimes can't believe that we have kyrie and Hayward. Its crazy cuz we couldn't get any free agents to look at us just a few years ago

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 04:38:45 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

The only thing of any real value he gave up for Kyrie was the Brooklyn pick.  So he gave up a chance at a top 3 pick for the second best lead guard in the league, with the best handles in the world, entering his prime.

yeah, you're right, he overpaid.