Author Topic: Anonymous Cavs Player: Danny Ainge Is A Thief  (Read 2714 times)

Re: Anonymous Cavs Player: Danny Ainge Is A Thief
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I sometimes can't believe that we have kyrie and Hayward. Its crazy cuz we couldn't get any free agents to look at us just a few years ago
you mean when Boston didn't have any cap space
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Anonymous Cavs Player: Danny Ainge Is A Thief
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Of course, as I recall, there were many a CB posters that hated the trade at the time.  I'd say it was the majority opinion actually.

I’d say it was the majority opinion in the first 12 hours, but within 48 hours (at most) most fans were on board.

Then there were the diehards who needed to see IT’s hip disintegrate and the pick fall to #8 before being okay with it.  I fall in that group, haha.

Haha good post. TP.

It's funny b/c I thought the trade was a slam dunk the moment I heard it. While I was ecstatic that Kyrie looked as good (or better) in green, I'm not psyched about that knee injury. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but lingering knee pain from 2015 doesn't sound great. This surgery hopefully will solve this. Hopefully. I don't think Danny will have a tough time resigning him. Kyrie will be the starting PG on a top 4 team in the league.

Danny has yet to get crushed in a trade, and the vast majority of his transactions have been good or benign. A bunch of missed draft picks, but he's been good overall since the Olynyk pick.

The Celtics and Danny are building a perennial contender, and their plan has worked out so far. From the night of the Pierce/KG trade until tonight, Danny (not Brad) has been the #1 reason they are in this situation.