Author Topic: Should the Cavs have kept Wade, Crowder, and Rose?  (Read 2831 times)

Should the Cavs have kept Wade, Crowder, and Rose?
« on: May 16, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
You gotta wonder with the struggles the Cavs backcourt is having against us, how much better off would they have been right now if they had kept DWade, Rose, and Crowder? Wade looked good in the playoffs for Miami, and Crowder as well for Utah. They couldn't be worse than Hill and Smith have been so far in this series.

Re: Should the Cavs have kept Wade, Crowder, and Rose?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
You gotta wonder with the struggles the Cavs backcourt is having against us, how much better off would they have been right now if they had kept DWade, Rose, and Crowder? Wade looked good in the playoffs for Miami, and Crowder as well for Utah. They couldn't be worse than Hill and Smith have been so far in this series.

maybe? i think some threads mentioned it already that LeBron this year greatly missed Irving as he provided someone who can create his own offense especially when Love isn't really helping on creating his own shot. LeBron is definitely gassed, he carried his team for two rounds and it's showing the first two games. His teammates desperately needs to step up for him

I think had they kept the original crew in the beginning of the season, Wade and Thomas might be able to help. I don't know if Crowder's percentage would've improved as he was playing a lot better in Utah compared to CLE, or whether or not we can assume Rose would be healthy for a full season for CLE vs how he ended up in Minny.

I would say in the long term that team would've been better off keeping the team together. The initial trade helped the team a bit but they ended up struggling again, so kinda make you wonder if the trade was worth it at all

If LeBron loses this series, you would say management failed to make LeBron happy so he bolts again for the 2nd time?

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Probably not. Wade was actively a cancer, Rose was cooked, and Crowder was inconsistent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:33:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I think i mentioned it else where but they couldn't be worse with those guys than the ones they have. Didn't Cavs also give up a 1st round pick to the lakers?

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
The better question is should they have kept Irving? Even if he got the Knee operated on like he threatend would your roster he ant worse? Maybe they could have talked him into coming back.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:35:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
The better question is should they have kept Irving? Even if he got the Knee operated on like he threatend would your roster he ant worse? Maybe they could have talked him into coming back.

That one is easy! Of course they should have kept him, they totally F-ed up not only this season but their future with that deal!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Rose, wade, and crowder all played better this season on their new teams

What does that say? Playing with LeBron (and with ty lue) makes everyone play worse not better....George hill went from leading the league from 3pt % to scoring 3 pts last night

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 06:37:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Rose, wade, and crowder all played better this season on their new teams

What does that say? Playing with LeBron (and with ty lue) makes everyone play worse not better....George hill went from leading the league from 3pt % to scoring 3 pts last night

On the flip side, Baynes has magically become the most efficient 3-pt shooter in the playoffs!

Any coach that continues to play JR Smith at this stage is totally awful. Clarkson or Hood would be much better options.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It's a good question because their reserves have been so bad and those 3 looked better in the playoffs for their new teams. But I don't think you can discount the role that Cleveland might have played in those 3 not playing as well. Had the Cavs held onto them, it's likely they would've been as bad as they were in the beginning of the season.

And it's not like any of the 3 were playing great on their new teams, just not as bad.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
crowder yes

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Looking back its amazing. Most of this fan base (including myself) were desperately anti trading IT. When the deal happened most felt we have dramatically overplayed. Even when the hysteria died down we as a fan base still felt we overplayed but accepted the long term doubts on IT. Now we're talking about how outrageous it is that they trade d Irving!

There was a vocal minority who were calling for this trade in the weeks leading up to it, hindsight makes them look great. I can't remember all of them but IanMello was definitely one of them

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 10:37:18 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Little Bron Bron wanted a clean house change and management accommodated him.

Funny, right after the Cavs’ trades flurry, I remember getting our ass kicked by the new and improved Cavs on a Sunday afternoon here (PP Day, if I recall). That was a depressing day, because I thought the Cavs got younger and more skilled, and whooped us...badly.

It all clicked for them that day in that post-trade, honeymoon game.

Wonder what happened?

I’m looking at you, Bron, Bron...maybe he turned all the new guys off....who knows.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I thought Wade looked really really uneven against Miami. He’d flash his old form and then take four or five hero a hots he hasn’t been able to make for years - wasting important possessions. He was nothing special on D. Crowder looked a little lost in Cleveland. Hard to believe they’d be any better with those guys.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Looking back its amazing. Most of this fan base (including myself) were desperately anti trading IT. When the deal happened most felt we have dramatically overplayed. Even when the hysteria died down we as a fan base still felt we overplayed but accepted the long term doubts on IT. Now we're talking about how outrageous it is that they trade d Irving!

There was a vocal minority who were calling for this trade in the weeks leading up to it, hindsight makes them look great. I can't remember all of them but IanMello was definitely one of them
still looked like an overpayment based on info at that time. 
- IT was supposedly just in need of rest, not surgery, to return to form. 
- Crowder was a solid/decent SF that could play quality D when motivated.
- Zizic looked like a decent big man prospect.
- Brooklyn pick projected top 5 (or top 8 ) in a loaded draft.

only reason this doesn't still look like an overpay is IT is hurt worse than advertised last summer.  If he was able to come back to be 90% of what he was last year pre-injury, Cavs wouldn't have these scoring issues where Lebron has to carry the full load.  of course other playoff teams would pick on IT defensively like they did when he played for us the previous 2 years but that's a different story. 

It's also on Cleveland not being able to fully utilize Crowder.  The guy can play but they used him poorly.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Cleveland was shipping out whom they felt were locker room cancers.

Lebron would look too much to Wade.

Crowder was a shell of his Boston self in Cleveland, but he looks much better and happier in Utah.

Rose was a reclamation project who never panned out and would never get starter minutes.

Cleveland just had huge chemistry issues, and they felt they had to change the mix.  Keeping the same people would have just made it worse.