Author Topic: Can't Wait To Hear What The Fox Sports Show Hosts/"Experts" Say!  (Read 10021 times)

Re: Can't Wait To Hear What The Fox Sports Show Hosts/"Experts" Say!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I assume they enjoy getting fired up, even if they know its dumb.

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 11:07:54 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
No judgment or anything, it's sports and it's supposed to be dumb entertainment, but as someone who doesn't watch any of these shows I can't help but notice how many posters

- absolutely hate these pundits, and
- watch them all the time/are highly familiar with their statements

What's the deal? Why keep going back if you know it's click/viewbait crap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6xu-J_Dmc

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No judgment or anything, it's sports and it's supposed to be dumb entertainment, but as someone who doesn't watch any of these shows I can't help but notice how many posters

Really no different than most sports talk radio shows. Same effect.

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

If you are on Facebook and/or other social media sites, even if you don't watch the actual shows/videos (live or highlights), what they say usually pops up on a news feed or something lol, or on local websites and articles online, and of course it gets us infuriated  :P

Like I personally don't watch The Herd, but sometimes their FB page posts something he said which I view. Even if you don't like The Herd FB Page, if a friend does and he "likes" that article, it can pop up on your news feed saying he liked it and you also see what he says. That kind of effect lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Talk about a wealth of material, lol, but especially insofar as Windhorst incorrectly referring to Pat Riley's term for complacency, etc., as "The disease of me" ::) is concerned.

Like, bruh, you spent four seasons in Miami around Lebron and Riley and yet somehow failed to pick up on the concept known as "The disease of MORE"? ::) Seriously, does no one edit anything, anymore? ::)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23517495/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-facing-boston-celtics-organizational-fatigue-nba

Except you're wrong...

http://pickandpop.net/2015/12/the-disease-of-me/

Nope. Riley first coined the term "the disease of more" in his 1988 book, "Showtime", which has been cited by everyone from Bill Simmons to Isiah Thomas (Zeke), etc., ever since in describing teams that become complacent/worn out, such as the 2013-14 Miami Heat. I know that you don't believe me, so enjoy the multiple sauces -

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071025

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2017/07/27/the-disease-of-more/

http://pressbasketball.com/read/open-run-disease/

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/24/sports/pro-basketball-riley-teaches-knicks-that-more-means-less.html

Naturally, I can't speak for everyone, here, but personally, and much like yourself, as I don't watch these shows, I decided to "see what I was missing", so to speak, since posters have recently mentioned Nick Wright (who?), Chris Carter (who?), Max Kellerman (who?), Shannon Sharpe (who?), and Colin Cowherd (who?), and to be honest I feel like watching segments of these "shows" on the YouTube ;D is roughly akin to reading The National Enquirer in that said "programming" makes for relatively amusing background noise, imo, plus I enjoy observing their attempts at turd polishing ;D, not to mention Nick Wright referring to Chris Carter as "CC" because New Girl, lol ;D. Great bulletin board material, too, imo.

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Chris Broussard is worthless. Waste of DNA.

Multiple sources confirm

Multiple sauces too.

Which ones? Honey Mustard? Sweet and Sour?  :laugh:

MULTIPLE SAUCES CANS CONFIRM!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to pile on, here, but I just love this graphic - 

;D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA   TP!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2018, 09:28:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I did not realize how little defense he plays. He is basically playing a one man zone standing in the middle of the paint. He does not chase he man and he does not close out on shooter.

Cavs tried to him on the least productive player but that makes it hard since all 5 guys on the court can shoot and drive to the rim. That is reason #1 the Cavs defense is so bad. You best player is using the time to catch a break.

Yeah. There were moments where Morris and Rozier were WIDDDDEEEEEEEE OPEN, and Lebron just stood there in an island of his own inside the paint.

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I did not realize how little defense he plays. He is basically playing a one man zone standing in the middle of the paint. He does not chase he man and he does not close out on shooter.

Cavs tried to him on the least productive player but that makes it hard since all 5 guys on the court can shoot and drive to the rim. That is reason #1 the Cavs defense is so bad. You best player is using the time to catch a break.

Yeah. There were moments where Morris and Rozier were WIDDDDEEEEEEEE OPEN, and Lebron just stood there in an island of his own inside the paint.
Celtics had 20 shots that were considered wide open and uncontested farther than 10 feet from the basket. My guess, a lot of those open looks were because of bad switches that Lebron was involced in, one way or the other. The Cs were wide open so much in the second half and Lebron was invisible defensively then.

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

Celtics had 20 shots that were considered wide open and uncontested farther than 10 feet from the basket. My guess, a lot of those open looks were because of bad switches that Lebron was involced in, one way or the other. The Cs were wide open so much in the second half and Lebron was invisible defensively then.

Roziers big 3 was a glaring example of that. No one even tried to come out and contest it. Lebron and everyone just stood there watching as he nailed a wide open 3

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2018, 12:00:28 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
This thread still relates for the coming week.

Lebron and the Cavaliers got swept! Looked pathetic all night.

What will they say! What will the excuses be? Find out starting tomorrow  :laugh:

("Lebron has zero help" even though these morons said after the deadline that the Cavaliers did "enough" and finally Lebron had young players who could score and were athletic and good in the defensive end to close the gap against GSW)  ::)

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2018, 12:07:37 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
This thread still relates for the coming week.

Lebron and the Cavaliers got swept! Looked pathetic all night.

What will they say! What will the excuses be? Find out starting tomorrow  :laugh:

("Lebron has zero help" even though these morons said after the deadline that the Cavaliers did "enough" and finally Lebron had young players who could score and were athletic and good in the defensive end to close the gap against GSW)  ::)

;D

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2018, 12:16:30 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Why watch if you are bothered by it?

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2018, 12:40:29 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't watch, but it pops up what they say on my FB newsfeed, etc.

Kind of hard to ignore.

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2018, 12:44:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I don't watch, but it pops up what they say on my FB newsfeed, etc.

Kind of hard to ignore.
Actually it's pretty easy you just click block or hide lol

But yeah I get what you mean